Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
    Wish I could help more.... was out of town all day saturday and haven't had a chance to install this on an XP machine. Just had to do a transfer yesterday from my win 7 machine (did a whole directory from PC to phone flawlessly, even had to take a call while it was finishing, no problems got off the call and the last couple files had been finished while I was talking to the wife).

I will play with this on an XP machine when I get a chance, since I will need to have it on my XP box at some point anyways.

Only other suggestion I have would be to uninstall .net and reinstall them fresh. I had to do this on my XP HTPC for a software issue with something else.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Only other suggestion I have would be to uninstall .net and reinstall them fresh. I had to do this on my XP HTPC for a software issue with something else.
    I'm actually going to try that in the next couple of days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullroarer Took View Post
    I'm actually going to try that in the next couple of days.
    I'm running XP SP2 and installed Wifi Media Sync just a few days ago (even though the system reqs state that SP3 is required). The only hiccup during installation was that it said I needed to update .Net, which I did.. then everything worked flawlessly.

So yeah... try completely uninstalling .Net and Wifi Media Sync... redownload and install both and see if that works.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScorpionSoul View Post
    I'm running XP SP2 and installed Wifi Media Sync just a few days ago (even though the system reqs state that SP3 is required). The only hiccup during installation was that it said I needed to update .Net, which I did.. then everything worked flawlessly.

So yeah... try completely uninstalling .Net and Wifi Media Sync... redownload and install both and see if that works.
    I tried 'repairing' .NET 2 and 3.5. No help. Are there any tertiary things that come along with .NET that I should uninstall too? (Visual C++ libraries etc.)
  5.    #205  
    Quote Originally Posted by bela41 View Post
    Infamous,

I know you said there were a bunch of new features coming in the new release - and that those of us in the States still need to wait patiently until 1.4.5. I'm just curious if there is anything as far as auto-sync?

It sounds like you'll have some sort of folder monitoring or auto-refresh on the pc side, but would there be any way to set the webos client to automatically check to see if there are any files waiting to be synced from the pc? Maybe at a certain time each day?

I have some files that get automatically added to my PC Sync Folders each night and I'm wondering if I'd be able to get the PC client to refresh the database when that happens and then when the webos client checks it will automatically sync the new files.

Any ideas about whether this could be added?
    Thanks for the feedback!

Once 2.0 is out the door, we'll start looking into "folder watching" and "sync times" (I'm a fan of this one).

Folder Watching was originally intended for the 1.0 version, but was abandoned on worries of system overhead vs. functionality, but after 2.0 is launched, we'll take a fresh approach and see what happens..

Sync Times: this just makes sense to me: add the ability to have the phone client attempt to auto sync all files (up and down) at 9 pm every night...again a post 2.0 goody.
    Wifi Media Sync 3.0 now available for PC and Mac OSX.
  6.    #206  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullroarer Took View Post
    I tried 'repairing' .NET 2 and 3.5. No help. Are there any tertiary things that come along with .NET that I should uninstall too? (Visual C++ libraries etc.)
    I've scoured the interwebs and this error apparently is very vague and quite frankly not very helpful... hit me up at appsupport at 8bitdev.com and we'll see what we can do for you...
  7.    #207  
    Status Update:

With the delay of 1.4.5 taking longer than expected, we decided to take advantage of this lag to add additional functionality/value into the pc client.

Firewalls hate the pc client: Most of you that we have spoken to via email was due to third-party firewalls blocking the client, which require you to manually configure your firewall for many of the popular firewalls used. We know this isn't fun, and we have indeed been working on a solution. We've actually been beta testing enhancements to the communication and transport protocols to address this for a long time now, and I am proud to say that that 2.0 will be very, very third-party firewall friendly!

Linux users: Got Mono? A side project is forked on the 2.0 base to discover the if mono is a feasible route to bringing you the pc client...i'm not saying this will come to market, and I'll update this thread as we results become apparent...

We are very busy on quite of few projects (one of those being our much delayed website update...oh, errr...just a site would be nice...). but Wifi Media Sync is #1...the problem is, we cannot move forward with the 1.7 phone client until we see a full production release of webos 1.4.5 to properly test and complete the phone client. The 2.0 phone client may not be out until 4th quarter, as it will require Palm to allow us to deploy a "hybrid" app to the app cat...we planned on the Palm WebOS version to be our flagship, however, these delays in platform functionality may force us to put the WebOS phone client on the backburner. We are now debating on whether to release the 2.0 pc client ahead of schedule to provide you, the core audience, with as much value and functionality as we can provide as we wait for webos updates to come to start pouring in.

Thoughts?
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    I have 1.4.5 since weeks. How can I get the "new" Client?
  9.    #209  
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurec View Post
    I have 1.4.5 since weeks. How can I get the "new" Client?
    hehe, 1.7 is not ready for distro, we are waiting for the 1.4.5 to drop stateside so we thoroughly test the experience...
    Global Posts
    462 Global Posts
    damn
    I tried sending a couple of mp3 files to my pre via media sync (ring tones).

When I go into sounds and ring tones to choose it the phone does not see them.

The only way I was able to get them recognized was to delete the ones I sent through media sync and manually transfer them via the USB cable.

I am running WebOS v1.4.5.
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueC View Post
    Me. I'd like a way to sync my media to Linux. (Fedora 13 here).
    Set up ssh and sftp on the phone and create a passwordless key (or don't, if you don't mind having to manually authenticate each connection).

Gnome's VFS will 'mount' sftp, so you can drag drop from, for example, nautilus if you use gnome. For syncing, you can use rsync. I use rsync from the phone to back up important stuff to my NAS when the phone sees it is on my home network. Of course scp will work just fine too.

Not sure why linux users want this software. It seems like an inelegant solution looking for a problem.
    : (){:|:&};:
    Quote Originally Posted by the.teejster View Post
    I tried sending a couple of mp3 files to my pre via media sync (ring tones).

When I go into sounds and ring tones to choose it the phone does not see them.

The only way I was able to get them recognized was to delete the ones I sent through media sync and manually transfer them via the USB cable.

I am running WebOS v1.4.5.

For ringtones the software looks into the directory /media/internal/ringtones .... at least my phone does. I had downloaded a couple ring tones from the phones browser and until I used Internalz to move the files the software wouldn't find them.

Not sure if there are other workaround, but that is how I do it. If you homebrew, Internalz is a great piece of software to have.

When you wifi transfer them, they are going into the wifi media sync directory and this is why the phone doesn't see them.
    I should've posted that I also moved the file via Internalz to the "ringtones" folder but that didn't work either.

I think it has something to do with the OS not indexing the file when it was transferred therefore it wasn't seen.

Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    For ringtones the software looks into the directory /media/internal/ringtones .... at least my phone does. I had downloaded a couple ring tones from the phones browser and until I used Internalz to move the files the software wouldn't find them.

Not sure if there are other workaround, but that is how I do it. If you homebrew, Internalz is a great piece of software to have.

When you wifi transfer them, they are going into the wifi media sync directory and this is why the phone doesn't see them.
    I should've posted that I also moved the file via Internalz to the "ringtones" folder but that didn't work either.

I think it has something to do with the OS not indexing the file when it was transferred therefore it wasn't seen.
    Eh I dunno, since people have had success with video and audio files.

Also I have personally done this with image files that were needed in the uber calendar patch.

Did you do any form of restart after you moved the files to ringtones (I know you shouldn't have to, but maybe that's part of it).

Not at home right now so I can't test it out, if I get a chance this afternoon I'll give it a shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by infamousdutch View Post
    Status Update:

With the delay of 1.4.5 taking longer than expected, we decided to take advantage of this lag to add additional functionality/value into the pc client.

Firewalls hate the pc client: Most of you that we have spoken to via email was due to third-party firewalls blocking the client, which require you to manually configure your firewall for many of the popular firewalls used. We know this isn't fun, and we have indeed been working on a solution. We've actually been beta testing enhancements to the communication and transport protocols to address this for a long time now, and I am proud to say that that 2.0 will be very, very third-party firewall friendly!

Linux users: Got Mono? A side project is forked on the 2.0 base to discover the if mono is a feasible route to bringing you the pc client...i'm not saying this will come to market, and I'll update this thread as we results become apparent...

We are very busy on quite of few projects (one of those being our much delayed website update...oh, errr...just a site would be nice...). but Wifi Media Sync is #1...the problem is, we cannot move forward with the 1.7 phone client until we see a full production release of webos 1.4.5 to properly test and complete the phone client. The 2.0 phone client may not be out until 4th quarter, as it will require Palm to allow us to deploy a "hybrid" app to the app cat...we planned on the Palm WebOS version to be our flagship, however, these delays in platform functionality may force us to put the WebOS phone client on the backburner. We are now debating on whether to release the 2.0 pc client ahead of schedule to provide you, the core audience, with as much value and functionality as we can provide as we wait for webos updates to come to start pouring in.

Thoughts?
    OK, no more excuses. I have my 1.4.5.

Looking forward to the updates.
    Quote Originally Posted by balboadave View Post

x2 If you folks need an alpha tester I would be more than happy to test. Running the Official OTA 1.4.5 on my Sprint Pre.
  18.    #218  
    Quote Originally Posted by balboadave View Post

Gang, we just released version 2.0 of the pc client!
    I'll submit a full list of features tomorrow, but lots of bug fixes, full upload sync support (1.7 for webos required), plus file modification tracking to allow you to re-sync that excel spreadsheet you just edited....

You can download it from the link provided by the settings menu.

As far as version 1.7 for WebOS...I'll begin testing the integration next week, and if all goes well, expect to see the update within the next 10 business days.

FYI 2.0 for Android was released today, take a peek at the functionality...expect to see the same functionality in 1.7 for WebOS
  19.    #219  

WebOS uses a "media scanner" to determine where media files are located. When you sync files with Wifi Media Sync, the media scanner should be called automatically for all media files (except images, but we use a work around...)...my pre rrecognizes all my mp3 as potential ringtones without copying them into the directory, so it sounds like something is stopping the media scanner from doing its job, i'd review the patches you have installed first.
    Quote Originally Posted by infamousdutch View Post
    Gang, we just released version 2.0 of the pc client!
    I'll submit a full list of features tomorrow, but lots of bug fixes, full upload sync support (1.7 for webos required), plus file modification tracking to allow you to re-sync that excel spreadsheet you just edited....

You can download it from the link provided by the settings menu.

As far as version 1.7 for WebOS...I'll begin testing the integration next week, and if all goes well, expect to see the update within the next 10 business days.

FYI 2.0 for Android was released today, take a peek at the functionality...expect to see the same functionality in 1.7 for WebOS
    WebOS 1.7? I just got 1.45.
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast