Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree21Likes
    So, I just got this app and it is very cool, very useful. But I have a couple of comments/requests/questions (?)

1. I saw that someone else noted that they had trouble with keeping the password working and I have that issue as well. Is this a known (i.e., "fix in the works") issue? It is kind of annoying. I try to sync PC to Phone and the app complains about a bad password. It doesn't seem to happen all the time and I honestly can't pin down what makes it happen.

2. Occasionally, I've run into a music file that didn't have the Artist/Title attributes entered correctly so the song would be in the music player but be blank with no song title showing. So I corrected the file and tried to re-sync but the program didn't recognize any changes. So then I went in to WiFiMediaSync folder on the phone and deleted the song thinking I would just re-sync - but it still didn't copy the song. It seems that the only way to get it to copy the song is to actually change the file name, is that right? I've noticed the same behavior when I go in to manually change a playlist file. It won't recognize that the file's been changed unless I actually rename it, which, for playlist (m3u) and music files, presents other issues and complications.

- It seems like this program doesn't actually sync like say FreeFileSync which catches just about any minor change in a file and will also delete files that have been deleted on the mirrored folder. IMHO, it would be much easier if there was an option to delete files that have been deleted from "master" or PC folder so it wouldn't be necessary to hook up the USB in order to get rid of file/song/whatever. In other words, it seems to me that there are some things that keep this program from being an actual "sync" program and more like a "wireless file transfer" program - still very useful, but not as helpful as a more fully functional "sync" app. I'd kind of like to ask if there is a way to 'tweak' the db file or something, just to be able force the updating of one or two files.

The Manual Sync, as it seems to work for me, will FORCE an update of all the files that I've changed/updated along with ALL the rest of files that are perfectly fine, but that seems to be kind of overkill for getting one of two playlist files re-sync-ed/updated. (BTW, it would be very nice if there was a "cancel" button on the sync app on the phone.)

Anyway, it's a great app but I'm looking forward to the updates! Thanks.
  2.    #182  
    Ok gang,

The 2.0 pc client is fully functional and ready for deployment. Once I get a running copy v 1.7 of the webos client running smooth, expect to see the pc client available for consumption. (NOTE: 1.7 of the pc client will not be available until the WebOS 1.4.5 update is available stateside.)

Version 2.0 of the pc client addresses many of the concerns raised right here in this thread, as well as the bugs brought to our attention via appsupport....a quick list of highlights:

1.) Living File Sync Support (i.e. modify file a file after a sync, and the file will be re-added to the pending files...)
    2.) Upload file limit raised to 2 gb.
    3.) Addresses "Invalid Password" error when Settings window is closed.
    4.) Full Upload Sync support (i.e. sync all your files from your phone to your pc..requires WebOS client 1.7 or above)
    Wifi Media Sync 3.0 now available for PC and Mac OSX.
    Please add me to the list of people who would love a Mac version (getting fed up with constantly having to cable up the Pre in order to import Photos into iPhoto)
    Quote Originally Posted by infamousdutch View Post
    I'm finding similiar results...it appears the folder structure has something to do with how playlists locate music (i.e. if all the songs are in the same folder as a playlist, it works fine, but if they are in different folders..good luck)

I'll look into the playlist format and see what I can do:
    WMS knows where all the files are located on your phone, so, in theory, WMS should be able to make a playlist that is usable on your phone...in theory.
    Just curious if you ever got anything else figured out on syncing with playlists. Or if it was just an issue with double twist. Trying to get away from iTunes in general, but want to figure out a proper way to sync music and playlists without having to reorganize all my music.

Also thinking there has to be a way it will work, since the old iTunes sync synced to multiple folders and they were/are readable by media player.
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgeekster View Post
    These days I use Ubuntu Linux almost exclusively - so +1...
    ubuntu will 'mount' sftp as if it were a networked drive. I think it's under 'places->connect to server' on the gnome menu. Then you can save it and it will be in 'places'. Just connect using ssh.

VFS is much more elegant than using this program, or that filezilla crap on windoze, or whatever Mac has above straight ssh/scp/sftp.
    : (){:|:&};:
    Ok gang,

The 2.0 pc client is fully functional and ready for deployment. Once I get a running copy v 1.7 of the webos client running smooth, expect to see the pc client available for consumption. (NOTE: 1.7 of the pc client will not be available until the WebOS 1.4.5 update is available stateside.)

Version 2.0 of the pc client addresses many of the concerns raised right here in this thread, as well as the bugs brought to our attention via appsupport....a quick list of highlights:

1.) Living File Sync Support (i.e. modify file a file after a sync, and the file will be re-added to the pending files...)
    2.) Upload file limit raised to 2 gb.
    3.) Addresses "Invalid Password" error when Settings window is closed.
    4.) Full Upload Sync support (i.e. sync all your files from your phone to your pc..requires WebOS client 1.7 or above)
    This sounds great! I'm really looking forward to these improvements!
    Quote Originally Posted by kayphoonstar View Post
    This sounds great! I'm really looking forward to these improvements!
    x2

Buying now since these are the last of the features I need to see to fit what looks to be all my needs..... just wish we could get that 1.4.5 update for this and a few other reasons.
    I love this app!
    What port does this app use to connect?
    When I try to run the Windows client I get the following error:

"Server Init Error: The type initializer for 'System.Transactions.Diagnostics.DiagnosticTrace' threw an exception."

How do I fix this please?
    Bullroarer, version of windows will help
    Duh.

Windows XP SP3.

I also have .NET 2.0 SP2 and .NET 3.5 SP1 if that matters.
  13.    #193  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullroarer Took View Post
    Duh.

Windows XP SP3.

I also have .NET 2.0 SP2 and .NET 3.5 SP1 if that matters.
    This is a new one.

Is the error happening when you try in install the client or run the client?

Are you running it with administrative privileges?

This could possibly be caused by the updates in the db drivers. I would try installing this first:

Download details: SQL Server Compact 3.5 SP2 for Windows Desktop
    Wifi Media Sync 3.0 now available for PC and Mac OSX.
    It is my gift with computers I think.

It happens when I try to active ('click on') the client.

I installed the package you linked but got the same error. Adminstrative privledges? It's just XP on my laptop.
    Just found this link by googling your error..... and many other forum posts. Sorry I don't have more time to read up on this right now, but might give you a start by reading this and possibly doing a google search with the error you posted.

Error: 'System.Transactions.Diagnostics.DiagnosticTrace'
    I started to look into this, but the solutions (there are many possible causes) appeared to be that I had to edit different files such as app.config etc. Really, that's a lot more work than I should have to do to get a phone app working. Unless InfamousDutch has an easier solution I'm simply going to get my money back.
    Well I am thinking it's not the apps fault, but something else on your computer. Like I said I didn't read thru all that info.

But when I bought this app a few days ago, I came home, downloaded the software (this is on my Win 7 machine.... haven't setup any of my XP boxes yet). Didn't download anything extra.... opened the PC app, did what it said, opened the app on my Pre, and was good to go.

This is including working thru my firewall (non windows firewall) and my d-link router. Without making any changes. I don't have the time to look into your specific issue any more right now (I have been out of the house over 12 hours today and still need to cook dinner and spend a couple hours with the wife). I do know I have had other programs (my HTPC software for example) where I don't even remember changing a firewall setting on my own, but certain parts of the software wouldn't function at all and would throw errors (it would record series recording setup before the firewall change but wouldn't record things added after the firewall change, or items added on the fly like a single show). Dug around in my error logs and with a lil help and a lil tweaking got everything back to normal. Just telling you that to say with windows, it's not always the app that is causing the problem, but some other windows software or setting.
    We would love to port Wifi Media Sync to Mac and Linux, we just need people in the community to speak up!! Let your voice be heard!!
    Me. I'd like a way to sync my media to Linux. (Fedora 13 here).
    Infamous,

I know you said there were a bunch of new features coming in the new release - and that those of us in the States still need to wait patiently until 1.4.5. I'm just curious if there is anything as far as auto-sync?

It sounds like you'll have some sort of folder monitoring or auto-refresh on the pc side, but would there be any way to set the webos client to automatically check to see if there are any files waiting to be synced from the pc? Maybe at a certain time each day?

I have some files that get automatically added to my PC Sync Folders each night and I'm wondering if I'd be able to get the PC client to refresh the database when that happens and then when the webos client checks it will automatically sync the new files.

Any ideas about whether this could be added?
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Well I am thinking it's not the apps fault, but something else on your computer. Like I said I didn't read thru all that info.

But when I bought this app a few days ago, I came home, downloaded the software (this is on my Win 7 machine.... haven't setup any of my XP boxes yet). Didn't download anything extra.... opened the PC app, did what it said, opened the app on my Pre, and was good to go.

This is including working thru my firewall (non windows firewall) and my d-link router. Without making any changes. I don't have the time to look into your specific issue any more right now (I have been out of the house over 12 hours today and still need to cook dinner and spend a couple hours with the wife). I do know I have had other programs (my HTPC software for example) where I don't even remember changing a firewall setting on my own, but certain parts of the software wouldn't function at all and would throw errors (it would record series recording setup before the firewall change but wouldn't record things added after the firewall change, or items added on the fly like a single show). Dug around in my error logs and with a lil help and a lil tweaking got everything back to normal. Just telling you that to say with windows, it's not always the app that is causing the problem, but some other windows software or setting.
    I'm not sure I can agree it's a problem with my computer and not the app since .NET is saying the app is making an illegal request. But even if it IS my computer, and I'm certainly willing to concede that it might be, it's just too much trouble for me for a phone app.

FTR, I'm not even sure how or when .Net was installed on the system since I don't use it for anything (else).

I do want to thank VWLover for trying to help.
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast