1.    #1  
    I need to reset my Pre to factory defaults following some hacking around, but I have some nice progress in Dungeon Hunter that I don't want to lose. Also some crosswords completed, but that's not as important.

Does the Dr. wipe out game data? If so, or if I decide to do a full erase anyways, is there any way to backup and then restore games?

Thanks!
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    I think i heard in the past that it does on some thread in here
    yes but with some games it's possible to backup... i saw the saved game files in my "dungeon hunter" game folder. Although you gotta gain root access .
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I need to reset my Pre to factory defaults following some hacking around, but I have some nice progress in Dungeon Hunter that I don't want to lose. Also some crosswords completed, but that's not as important.

Does the Dr. wipe out game data? If so, or if I decide to do a full erase anyways, is there any way to backup and then restore games?

Thanks!
    have you considered trying Jason's WebOS Repair Utility first?

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...y-v2-01-a.html
    The doctor is supposed to wipe most everything. Supposedly. However I have found that some things (like a ".maptool" folder I created on the phone for use with the MappTool app) show up even after a complete doctor. This folder is not backed up by the Palm Profile so why is it there after a Doctor?
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    webOS Doctor wipes the apps and data partitions. The /media/internal/ partition does not get wiped.

Unfortunately, the 3d games are storing their save games in their folder on the apps partition, which means their saves get wiped.

Non 3d games either use a cookie to save, or a HTML5 database, which also gets wiped.

The 3d games at least, if you navigate to the right folder, you can copy out the save files and then recopy them to that folder after doctoring.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    webOS Doctor wipes the apps and data partitions. The /media/internal/ partition does not get wiped.

Unfortunately, the 3d games are storing their save games in their folder on the apps partition, which means their saves get wiped.

Non 3d games either use a cookie to save, or a HTML5 database, which also gets wiped.

The 3d games at least, if you navigate to the right folder, you can copy out the save files and then recopy them to that folder after doctoring.
    Does this require rooting, as mentioned above? And, thanks to all for the responses!
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightburn View Post
    have you considered trying Jason's WebOS Repair Utility first?

http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...y-v2-01-a.html
    Yep. Probably there's nothing "wrong," but I like the sense of cleanliness every now and then.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Does this require rooting, as mentioned above? And, thanks to all for the responses!
    It might be made easier if you have the SFTP server installed, but not really. You would just need to know the file name to be able to receive it via webOS Quick Install.

Internalz might be able to do this as well, not sure if it lets you browse the app partition or not.

Though if you're comfortable with a command line, I'd suggest putting your phone in dev mode and just using Novaterm or the Terminal on your PC. That way you could find out the file name.

cd /media/cryptofs brings you to the app partition, and then you can keep drilling down using further uses of cd, like cd applications, etc.

ls lists the files and folders in the directory.

So then you'd basically just have to navigate to your dungeonhunter directory and just do

cp <filename> /media/internal/<filename> to bring it to the USB drive partition.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    It might be made easier if you have the SFTP server installed, but not really. You would just need to know the file name to be able to receive it via webOS Quick Install.

Internalz might be able to do this as well, not sure if it lets you browse the app partition or not.

Though if you're comfortable with a command line, I'd suggest putting your phone in dev mode and just using Novaterm or the Terminal on your PC. That way you could find out the file name.

cd /media/cryptofs brings you to the app partition, and then you can keep drilling down using further uses of cd, like cd applications, etc.

ls lists the files and folders in the directory.

So then you'd basically just have to navigate to your dungeonhunter directory and just do

cp <filename> /media/internal/<filename> to bring it to the USB drive partition.
    That's awesome, thanks so much!