Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    UPDATE===========
    the app went public, anyone can download it from here:

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...cpu-speed.html

I am looking for some brave soles willing to test my new app.

CPUScalerUber was developed to utilize the 720/800mhz kernel created by caj2008 and unixpsycho. This app give the user the ability to choose his freq or to enable different variations of cpu scaling.

This app should run with any version of WebOS and any version of caj2008/unixpsycho's kernel as long as it has the 800mhz option.

This app has never been tested with the 720/800mhz kernel, that is why i need you! Be extremely careful with the "scaling" options as they are totally untested with this new kernel. The "Set Speed" options should theoretically work as intended. Any reboot or restart should reset your phone back to this kernel's default values if you have a freeze or something (pull battery if your really stuck).

Recomended settings:
    any of the "Set Speed" options......as long as you understand risk of higher freq may mean quicker cpu degradation
    500-->800mhz
    250-->800mhz

i dont really recommend any of the 125-->xxxmhz options becasue 125mhz has been shown to freeze phones (leading to a pull battery), even if it takes a week.

Send me a PM and i will send you the download links.

Please report back with your results, ie did it work, was it stable, did you notice any flickering in any apps, which freq or option did you like best etc..

thanks!

number1pete
    Last edited by number1pete; 03/26/2010 at 12:27 PM.
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

CPUScaling app L337Tech post

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
    nice job I'm glad you decieded to test first ! Thanks (pete?) number1pete . I believe there was a little tech. difficulty with the new ipk uninstall method that's going to be fixed sometime today . So people will be able to start testing soon. Thanks for all your doing in the community !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    ready when you are, just let me know how to get started
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    nice job I'm glad you decieded to test first ! Thanks (pete?) number1pete . I believe there was a little tech. difficulty with the new ipk uninstall method that's going to be fixed sometime today . So people will be able to start testing soon. Thanks for all your doing in the community !!
    if you have the old caj2008/unixpsycho kernel running on 1.3.5.1 you can use this app as well. If you dont want to wait for the new kernel.

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastdaysoldier View Post
    ready when you are, just let me know how to get started
    i sent you PM

Super PreKernel app

I'm on 1.4 now no patch waiting for ipk install patch
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  7.    #7  
    PM's sent to:

chadking
    wellwellwell11
    azmikali

Super PreKernel app

I sent you a pm hopefully you get it
    Quote Originally Posted by number1pete View Post

CPUScalerUber was developed to utilize the 720/800mhz kernel created by caj2008 and unixpsycho. This app give the user the ability to choose his freq or to enable different variations of cpu scaling.

This app should run with any version of WebOS and any version of caj2008/unixpsycho's kernel as long as it has the 800mhz option.

This app has never been tested with the 720/800mhz kernel, that is why i need you! Be extremely careful with the "scaling" options as they are totally untested with this new kernel. The "Set Speed" options should theoretically work as intended. Any reboot or restart should reset your phone back to this kernel's default values if you have a freeze or something (pull battery if your really stuck).

Recomended settings:
    any of the "Set Speed" options......as long as you understand risk of higher freq may mean quicker cpu degradation
    500-->800mhz
    250-->800mhz

i dont really recommend any of the 125-->xxxmhz options becasue 125mhz has been shown to freeze phones (leading to a pull battery), even if it takes a week.

Please report back with your results, ie did it work, was it stable, did you notice any flickering in any apps, which freq or option did you like best etc..

thanks!

number1pete
    Sorry for sounding like a noob but I'm new to these kernals, anticipating the 800 MHz kernal. But I don't HAVE to install this to use the kernal, do I?
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Phresh View Post
    Sorry for sounding like a noob but I'm new to these kernals, anticipating the 800 MHz kernal. But I don't HAVE to install this to use the kernal, do I?
    absolutely not.

but you will be stuck at the default speed of the kernel you choose to install. Unless you know how to use terminal and know how to echo parameters to the cpufreq.

If you want to easily change your cpu speed or use cpu scaling then this app will do that for you (utilizing caj2008/unixpsycho's kernel).

You probably want to wait for the alpha testers to finish their testing.

thanks,

num1p

Super PreKernel app

11.    #11  
    pm sent to

hydes2004

Super PreKernel app

Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    count me in!
    HTC 6700 > HTC6800 > Treo Pro > HTC Diamond > Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    Count me in also! send me a PM
    your app works great I love it things seem faster now hey how do I test the speed I'm currently set at 800

Recomended settings:
    500-->800mhz
    250-->800mhz

thanks!

number1pete
    count me in. ive test some other peoples stuff. dont really care if my phone gets messed... that what the EPP is for

let me know Thanks
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by chadking View Post
    your app works great I love it things seem faster now hey how do I test the speed I'm currently set at 800
    got some bad new. I believe there is an error in the code of both my app and the service. You can still install it but the buttons wont work.

I fixed the problems but i need to recompile the service and only my machine at home can do that. Unfortunately we may have to wait till after work today for the fix.

At least you can see what the app looks like.

sorry guys, my bad. Should have it fixed by the end of the day.

Super PreKernel app

got some bad new. I believe there is an error in the code of both my app and the service. You can still install it but the buttons wont work.

I fixed the problems but i need to recompile the service and only my machine at home can do that. Unfortunately we may have to wait till after work today for the fix.

At least you can see what the app looks like.

sorry guys, my bad. Should have it fixed by the end of the day.
    let us know when you get that fixed
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by InIlIoN View Post
    let us know when you get that fixed
    fixed it!

Everyone uninstall the app/service with WOSQI. Then download the files again from the same links as before (i updated the files). Then install those files with WOSQI.

i was able to find a linux machine at work and fixed it there.

its working like a charm for me!

good luck,

number1pete

Super PreKernel app

19.    #19  
    PM sent to:

PreMaster
    gerrymad

Super PreKernel app

Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Would love to test, currently have the 600 patch, have *some* experience with Terminal.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast