Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    I'm down to test. I'm running 1.4 800 So far besides battery drain when in the browser the drain isn't noticeable but I'd like to see if I can make it through the day without charging
  2.    #102  
    guys, been running caj2009/unixpsycho's 800mhz kernel on my developer phone with CPUScalerUber.

Everything runs as it was coded. I went through every setting and the parameters were set preperly. With the 250-->800mhz scaling i had 1% batttery drain in 5 hrs (my dev phone stays in airplane mode and the phone was sleeping durring that time).

I am about to release CPUScalerUber to the public since we have found no major flaws and its been a great alpha testing session. If you are still waiting on download links from yesterday, i will just update you on where the public links are so stay tuned!
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

CPUScaling app L337Tech post

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    I feel ignored. :-( Oh goodie, download links ! :-)
  4.    #104  
    we have gone public.

shutting down this thread:

for download links and anymore discussion about CPUScalerUber please see this thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...99#post2320099

good luck,

number1pete

moderators please shut down this thread

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Is it just a typo that the version number for the Caj app is 1.1.0?

com.l337tech.cpuscaleruber_1.1.0_all.ipk

I ask because the service app is 1.1.1.
  6.    #106  
    Quote Originally Posted by thornev View Post
    Is it just a typo that the version number for the Caj app is 1.1.0?

com.l337tech.cpuscaleruber_1.1.0_all.ipk

I ask because the service app is 1.1.1.
    caj has a kernel patch not an app

but yes the service and app versions are different, but thats okay because they are supposed to be different (they run together great!). I have not released version 1.1.1 of the uber service yet.

Super PreKernel app

Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    I'm confused. If you haven't gone public with the uber app, what does this mean?

we have gone public.
    for download links and anymore discussion about CPUScalerUber please see this thread:

And then I see this in that thread:
    if you have the 720/800mhz kernel you want to use the CPUScalerUber app....please vist the alpha testing thread for all further conversation about 720/800mhz use:

Alpha Testers: CPUScalerUber for 720/800mhz kernel developed by caj2008 and unixpsyc

So here I am in the Alpha testing thread and it says "we've gone public." SO if you're not public and still looking for Alpha testers, here I am.
    Last edited by thornev; 03/26/2010 at 12:44 PM.
    lol thornev should not be over clocking anything. = )
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mmprotection View Post
    lol thornev should not be over clocking anything. = )
    Funny. I've been overclocking my desktop for 10 years. I find it hard to follow some of the communications on this board. It seems that a single thread contains discussion about different items. I'm doing my best ! =:-)
  10.    #110  
    Quote Originally Posted by thornev View Post
    I'm confused. If you haven't gone public with the uber app, what does this mean?

we have gone public.

And then I see this in that thread:
    if you have the 720/800mhz kernel you want to use the CPUScalerUber app....please vist the alpha testing thread for all further conversation about 720/800mhz use:

Alpha Testers: CPUScalerUber for 720/800mhz kernel developed by caj2008 and unixpsyc

So here I am in the Alpha testing thread and it says "we've gone public." SO if you're not public and still looking for Alpha testers, here I am.
    lol, yeah i completely understand that your confused....im managing threads and posts everywhere, its hard to keep up.

we have gone pubic and are no longer alpha testing. Proceded to the download link found here:

http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...cpu-speed.html

Super PreKernel app

Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Phew, glad I'm not the only one. It gets nuts. Thanks for your work, number1pete. I'm outta this thread now.
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    I am a bit confused... HOw exactly does this app work with the 800mhz patch.

Does it scale lower frequencies
    does it set 500, 600, 700, 800 frequencies.
    Do i have to remove the 800mhz patch before installing the service and app.
    If not does the setting revert to 800 upon reboot if the 800mhx patch is installed?
  13.    #113  
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    I am a bit confused... HOw exactly does this app work with the 800mhz patch.

Does it scale lower frequencies yes
    does it set 500, 600, 700, 800 frequencies. yes
    Do i have to remove the 800mhz patch before installing the service and app. n reboot if the 800mhx patch is installed?NO!, you have to have caj2008/unixpsycho kernel to use 720/800mhz, else your stuck at using 125-600mhz

modified your quote above

im totally assuming your interested in CPUScalerUber instead of the regular CPUScaler app

Super PreKernel app

Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by number1pete View Post
    modified your quote above

im totally assuming your interested in CPUScalerUber instead of the regular CPUScaler app

Yes interested in trying it. I am running the 800mhz kernel and all installed fine is running smoothly. I thought I would playaround with cpu scaling to try and improve battery life.

SO by default with out this app.....the freq is set to 800mhz upon reboot and forever there after until the patch kernel is removed or unless the startup script is modified. So I am assuming that you app settings get whiped upon reboot and the phone goes back to the orgiginal 800Mhz kenel patch.

Please clarify.
  15.    #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    Yes interested in trying it. I am running the 800mhz kernel and all installed fine is running smoothly. I thought I would playaround with cpu scaling to try and improve battery life.

SO by default with out this app.....the freq is set to 800mhz upon reboot and forever there after until the patch kernel is removed or unless the startup script is modified. So I am assuming that you app settings get whiped upon reboot and the phone goes back to the orgiginal 800Mhz kenel patch.

Please clarify.
    what you said it true.....the also has a button that sets cpu back to defualt settings., and for you that's 800mhz. Personally I use the app to run 250-->800mhz. But that app lets you choose whatever you want.

Super PreKernel app

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456