Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    I've been using this all day and the results seem very good. Every once in awhile, I'll get an app that won't start. It hangs on the splash screen. Closing and trying again has always worked and I can't really say what the cause is. I installed the 800 mhz kernel and this app at the same time, so it could be either, both or something else. I'd love to know if anyone else is seeing this.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeking View Post
    I've been using this all day and the results seem very good. Every once in awhile, I'll get an app that won't start. It hangs on the splash screen. Closing and trying again has always worked and I can't really say what the cause is. I installed the 800 mhz kernel and this app at the same time, so it could be either, both or something else. I'd love to know if anyone else is seeing this.
    yea i've also seen some apps hang after installing the 800 MHz patch and closing and opening once again solves the problem real quick. Now, I dont have this scaling app so the issue seems to be on the side of the 800patch
  3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by psvillars View Post
    hey wanted to give some feed back after installing the alpha I was one of the unlucky ones that couldn't scale with out freezing and after installing the new kernel (800mhz) I am actually able to scale albeit only the 500-800 scaling at this point any other option freezes it requiring a batter pull so maybe there is a range greater than 250 but less than 500 that will allow those with the "bad" processors to finally be able to scale at least in some fashion.

*update-for laughs and giggles I decided to try the cpu-scaling at 250-800mhz and for some strange reason it is working no freeze yet, weird.
    the scaling down to 125mhz is whats getting you im sure......stay 250mhz or higher and youll be fine.

i like 500-->800mhz personally since comparing 250 to 500 is not that much battery saving.

thanks for feedback
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

CPUScaling app L337Tech post

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
  4.    #84  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogerv.88 View Post
    yea i've also seen some apps hang after installing the 800 MHz patch and closing and opening once again solves the problem real quick. Now, I dont have this scaling app so the issue seems to be on the side of the 800patch
    i had this defualt....started hapening with webos 1.4 im affriad. Doesnt happen often for me.

i use 250-->600mhz scaling though

thanks for feedback

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
  5.    #85  
    just an update of the alpha testing:

current testers..
    chadking
    wellwellwell11
    azmikali
    Lastdaysoldier
    hydes2004
    surferpr
    pieler8
    InIlIoN
    PreMaster
    gerrymad
    JoshMend
    hrdcamjc
    maleoutkast
    meens
    jwinn35
    enormous
    noco37
    gsx62391@yahoo.com
    Prince_Basil
    grappler
    fkpalm
    crackerstyle
    reissc1
    Jeking
    schofs99
    mhollisjr
    mikevember
    tyler3_o
    bgorenflo
    dlovely
    2.0t03speed
    ryenthelion
    isosunrise
    psvillars
    gtkansan
    odontastic
    seekis
    kel101
    kevank
    the.teejster
    badjokes
    gwhelan
    clyfton
    rpr
    slvdc2

feedback has been positive. Scaling works as intended. Set Speed works as intended. The only recorded crash was from an individual who scaled down to 125mhz, which is not recommended for everyone. Stay at or above 250mhz unless you know your phone can handle 125mhz for extended period of time.

problems mentioned:
    some had installation problems (forgot to install the service etc..)

other info:
    some people are reporting that their phone is not scaling down. To these people i say, it will, just let your phone simmer down. Screen must be off and phone in sleep mode as well (though not always).

good luck and thanks for feedback.

public release is coming soon!

Super PreKernel app

Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    thanks for the add. will install when i get home shortly and test for a bit. report results then.
  7.    #87  
    just a reminder since there have been some confusion.

you must install the app and its service!

they are included in the link i sent via PM

com.l337tech.cpuscaleruber_1.1.0_all.ipk = the service
    com.l337tech.cpuscalerappuber_1.1.1_all.ipk = the app

Super PreKernel app

Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    number1pete... I'd like to test please. thorne

Never mind. I downloaded 1.1.1 from your tech page.
    Last edited by thornev; 03/25/2010 at 04:42 PM.
    Wow, nubmer1pete, amazing work!
    Looking forward to a more final release... I just doctored back up from 1.3.5.1 and the 800mhz patch.

Keep up the good work.
    i will test it... NO FEAR. WANT SPEED i am on 1.4
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    This apps works well. No issues. Have you considered allow us to pick up_threshold values? I believe that you are using 11 and I have had better luck with 25 or 30. Thoughts?

Great work.
    Ah nice, just found this Thread as I asked myself if the device always has to run at 800Mhz.

Just out of interest, why not even higher up_threshold values? My desktop runs with up_threshold of 95 as scaling is only needed with CPU load...
  13.    #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by damnregister View Post
    Ah nice, just found this Thread as I asked myself if the device always has to run at 800Mhz.

Just out of interest, why not even higher up_threshold values? My desktop runs with up_threshold of 95 as scaling is only needed with CPU load...
    flickering reasons, in videos/phoneapp/pandora/music/internet music

the kernels ondemand governor is skiddish, so we have to do it this way.

Super PreKernel app

Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Just to verify, the new service app, com.l337tech.cpuscaler_1.1.1_all.ipk, is NOT for this alfa test. Is that correct?
    Hey,

Just wondering if there is a patch to get it back to the native 600mhz? I know that it is a 600MHz processor which has been underclocked to 500. I don't really want to go straight over to 720 or 800, just want to test it at 600.

is this possible/
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oronare View Post
    Hey,

Just wondering if there is a patch to get it back to the native 600mhz? I know that it is a 600MHz processor which has been underclocked to 500. I don't really want to go straight over to 720 or 800, just want to test it at 600.

is this possible/
    Right here:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ple-patch.html
  17.    #97  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeking View Post
    Just to verify, the new service app, com.l337tech.cpuscaler_1.1.1_all.ipk, is NOT for this alfa test. Is that correct?
    correct....any thing with uber is alpha test....the rest is regular

Super PreKernel app

18.    #98  
    Quote Originally Posted by Oronare View Post
    Hey,

is this possible/
    if you don't have the 800mhz kernel then you need the regular version of my app, not the uber version. The app lets you select the speed on the fly.

Super PreKernel app

Tried the uber and scaling for the the most part appears fine (250-800, and 500-800). Once, I had this weird bug after going through the different sets, and then doing 500-800, it will only scale 500-720. After going back to set 800, then 500-800, it was fine again.
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by number1pete View Post
    correct....any thing with uber is alpha test....the rest is regular
    Oh then I guess I need a PM from you so I can get the Uber version of 1.1.1 if you're still looking for testers.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast