Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Well, I ran the setting to leave it at a constant 800 for about 20 minutes, and that seems to be a battery killer (if the battery monitor app is accurate), it said I was going to use 59% of my battery per hour. I did notice the apps started a lot faster. Very impressive. I didn't notice any app flickering in that time nor did my phone freeze. Right now I'm running the 500->800 scaling option, and the battery usage when idle is of course the same as if it was set at default. I've been running this option for a little over an hour and have had no issues yet.
    I will be ready for this Scaling when the 720/800 is released for 1.4 . . until then I shall wait patiently.
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by crackerstyle View Post
    Well, I ran the setting to leave it at a constant 800 for about 20 minutes, and that seems to be a battery killer (if the battery monitor app is accurate), it said I was going to use 59% of my battery per hour. I did notice the apps started a lot faster. Very impressive. I didn't notice any app flickering in that time nor did my phone freeze. Right now I'm running the 500->800 scaling option, and the battery usage when idle is of course the same as if it was set at default. I've been running this option for a little over an hour and have had no issues yet.
    nice, appreciate the results!

Im happy the scaling works well.

when you "Set Speed 800mhz" what were you doing? Playing NFSU or something, lol.
    could you copy and paste this code into WOSQI terminal and report back the values when your using "Set Speed 800mhz"?

Code:
    cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/cpuinfo_cur_freq
    cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_max_freq
    and if you know how to run novaterm....could you please type
    Code:
    when using "Set Speed 800mhz", and report back the process that is using the most cpu utilization

thanks for the help!
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

CPUScaling app L337Tech post

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by number1pete View Post

Im happy the scaling works well.

when you "Set Speed 800mhz" what were you doing? Playing NFSU or something, lol.
    Nope, my phone was idle at the time (unless there's some background action going on, plus I also probably am not running the most battery friendly config(GPS on, screen active for 5 mins, etc)).

could you copy and paste this code into WOSQI terminal and report back the values when your using "Set Speed 800mhz"?

Code:
    I'll get back to you on this one, I have to borrow a cable from a buddy since mine's at home.

and if you know how to run novaterm....could you please type
    Code:
    when using "Set Speed 800mhz", and report back the process that is using the most cpu utilization

thanks for the help!
    I haven't used novaterm since I initially rooted my original phone. This one I have now isn't rooted so I may have to hit the wiki and refresh myself before I can do this one. I'll see what I can do though.
    I have a question though, do I have to reboot to restore to default before I can change the speed setting, or can I just change it on the fly?
  6.    #46  
    I have a question though, do I have to reboot to restore to default before I can change the speed setting, or can I just change it on the fly?
    change on the fly

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
    I'm going to do a better battery scan. The one I did was phone idle, but sceen active and lit. I have a feeling if I let it run for a little while the results may improve. I'll let you know.
  8.    #48  
    Nope, my phone was idle at the time (unless there's some background action going on, plus I also probably am not running the most battery friendly config(GPS on, screen active for 5 mins, etc)).

I'll get back to you on this one, I have to borrow a cable from a buddy since mine's at home.

I haven't used novaterm since I initially rooted my original phone. This one I have now isn't rooted so I may have to hit the wiki and refresh myself before I can do this one. I'll see what I can do though.
    yeah just download the mojo sdk and install, then install novaterm (download from webos internals)(this assumes your on pc, linux and mac don't need the novaterm download). Then type novaterm into "run"...or terminal if on mac or linux

Super PreKernel app

My bad on the freak out, I had the monitor app poll for about 15 minutes, the final result was about 12-15% usage when idle (left the screen lit through most of this, so usage should improve when screen is off). For some reason the first few cycles it says 59%, then drops from there. If you still want me to run that other stuff I will.

Also as another question regarding the app is "Scale and Speed Off" basically restoring the default setting without rebooting?
    Last edited by crackerstyle; 03/24/2010 at 04:55 PM.
  10.    #50  
    My bad on the freak out, I had the monitor app poll for about 15 minutes, the final result was about 12-15% usage when idle (left the screen lit through most of this, so usage should improve when screen is off). For some reason the first few cycles it says 59%, then drops from there. If you still want me to run that other stuff I will.

Also as another question regarding the app is "Scale and Speed Off" basically restoring the default setting without rebooting?
    yeah, sets all the cpu parameters back to default, so your speed will be 500mhz, unless your playing a 3D game ofcourse.

no need to reboot.

Super PreKernel app

Code:
    thanks for the help!
    It returns 600000 for both when I have Set Speed 800mhz running.

Also I did another battery poll and for 20 mins with the screen being off for most of it, I got 2.9% usage. But I guess it's only running 600mhz for me anyway.
  12.    #52  
    It returns 600000 for both when I have Set Speed 800mhz running.

Also I did another battery poll and for 20 mins with the screen being off for most of it, I got 2.9% usage. But I guess it's only running 600mhz for me anyway.
    oh, so you dont have caj2008/unixpsycho's kernel installed. I thought you were one of the people that had the kernel running under webos 1.3.5.1.

Super PreKernel app

13.    #53  
    everyone,

i just updated the CPUScalerUber app to version 1.1.1

new features:
    -notification pops up at bottom of screen to notify the user that the setting they chose has been applied
    -UI change, set speed and scaling options now have their own drop down lists

to get the new app, use the existing link that i sent you for the app (not the service) and replace the end of it that looks like this:

com.l337tech.cpuscalerappuber_1.1.0_all.ipk

with this:

com.l337tech.cpuscalerappuber_1.1.1_all.ipk

enjoy the improved app!!

Super PreKernel app

oh, so you dont have caj2008/unixpsycho's kernel installed. I thought you were one of the people that had the kernel running under webos 1.3.5.1.
    My mistake. I didn't realize it needed something else. I have their 1.4 kernel now and am actually getting 800mhz speeds. I'll do some more battery testing today.
  15.    #55  
    yeah, now that you have the kernel the uber app should give you some flexibility on which speeds you run at. let us know how it works for you.

Super PreKernel app

16.    #56  
    PM's sent to:

dlovely
    2.0t03speed
    ryenthelion
    isosunrise
    psvillars

Super PreKernel app

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I installed app and everything works but when i run cat /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/stats/time_in_state it only shows 600 as the fastes speed. Did I miss a step? or do i need to install another patch to activate the 800mhz?
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    is there anyway to edit the up_threshold from within the app?

if so this would be a great replacement for the script im using
    Up and running, Ill give feedback on battery life after the weekend. I am showing off too much with the 800mhz to make it a reasonable test today and tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikevember View Post
    Up and running, Ill give feedback on battery life after the weekend. I am showing off too much with the 800mhz to make it a reasonable test today and tomorrow.
    I ran a 25 minute battery test, screen was probably off for 20 minutes of it, and it was around 2% usage. This was at Set Speed 800.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast