Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshMend View Post
    Would love to test, currently have the 600 patch, have *some* experience with Terminal.
    PM sent
    Internet Radio - the best beats on the web

CPUScaling app L337Tech post

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
  2.    #22  
    PM sent to:

hrdcamjc
    maleoutkast
    meens

Super PreKernel app

If you appreciated any of my help, enjoy any of my apps that I give away for free, or want to see more development from me, think about making a donation. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    I'll test it, I have no fear of frying a pre!
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    so when this 800 patch drops do we need to do any unistall of the app or do we not have to worry about anything. Just wondering because if we do I'm just going to wait till the patch is available before installing the scaling app. Thanks
    If you still need testers, I'll be happy to assist.
  6.    #26  
    PM's sent to

enormous
    noco37

Super PreKernel app

7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by jwinn35 View Post
    so when this 800 patch drops do we need to do any unistall of the app or do we not have to worry about anything. Just wondering because if we do I'm just going to wait till the patch is available before installing the scaling app. Thanks
    my app is uneffected by the kernel/patch that caj2008/unixpsycho will be releasing. It just takes advantage of the new kernels extra frequencies (720/800mhz).

if you dont have their custom kernel, you can still install this app but most of the options wont work properly because 720/800mhz are not available in the default kernel.

in short....no you dont have to reinstall

only time you would reinstall is if a new version of my app came out.

Super PreKernel app

i will like to test it also

Fred
  9.    #29  
    PM's sent to

gsx62391@yahoo.com
    Prince_Basil
    grappler
    fkpalm

Super PreKernel app

Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    alright thanks, ill go ahead and install then.
  11.    #31  
    anyone have any results yet, or is everyone waiting on the caj2008/unixpsycho kernel for webos 1.4.

was hoping some people out there already had the 1.3.5.1 caj2008/unixpsycho kernel installed and could report how the app is working.

i am most interested in the performance of the "Scale 250-->800mhz" option.

thanks,

num1p

Super PreKernel app

Does this use the new 1.4 800 patch that caj/unix were going to release today?
  13.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    Does this use the new 1.4 800 patch that caj/unix were going to release today?
    it can use any of caj2008/unixpsycho's kernels, including the one that may be released today.

Super PreKernel app

correct me if I'm wrong. This is just the new patch of your app that is compatible with the patch that has not yet been released, right? This does not actually scale to 800mhz without that patch yet? Because if it does, it feels just like the 600mhz.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I would like to try it as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by number1pete View Post
    any of the "Set Speed" options......as long as you understand risk of higher freq may mean quicker cpu degradation
    It seems like the OMAP3430 and OMAP 3440 have the same feature set with the only difference being the 30 having a clock speed of 600MHz while the 40 has a clock speed of 800MHz. If that is the case then I'm guessing there should be no reason that overclocking to 800MHz would noticeably reduce the life of the CPU since the 40s are probably just binned 30s... That is assuming that these patches don't overvolt as well, but judging from the battery reports I've seen scattered about from 1.4.800, I'm guessing not.
  17.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by gsx62391@yahoo.com View Post
    correct me if I'm wrong. This is just the new patch of your app that is compatible with the patch that has not yet been released, right? This does not actually scale to 800mhz without that patch yet? Because if it does, it feels just like the 600mhz.
    i want to clear it up that this is not a patch, its an app. The CPUScalerUber app works with caj2008/unixpsycho's kernel.

you can install it with any kernel you want (including the default one) but some of the scaling and set speed options wont work since the 720/800mhz arnt available in the default kernel.

Super PreKernel app

that's what I was thinking but wasn't quite sure. Thank you for the clarification.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    I'll try too please!
    Count me in as well, perfectly comfortable on the command line, but definitely see the value in keeping things simple. Don't have the kernel patch yet though, I'll be seeing if it's available after I finish this post.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast