1.    #1  
    Is there some way to copy or duplicate a timed calendar event?

Say you are at your doctor appointment and need to schedule a follow up. Seems I should be able to simply copy with a different date and time yes??

With gesture 'A' and 'C' the event title can be copied but none of the details . . . .

Suggestions??
    This is one function that I really miss on the Pre. I used to do this easily with my TX and find that I often need to schedule duplicate events. Your doctor appointment illustration is just one example.

I have found one work around. Open the details of the original event and make it a repeating event for one day. When you open the details of the repeat you can change the date and time and then apply to just that occurrence. It's a little cumbersome and the original is still marked as a repeating event [with no repeats - you can go back and turn that off if it bugs you], but it does work and is probably easier than reentering all the same details again. Now if the original is already a repeating event this may not work.

Pimlico's datebk is what made the calendar so brilliant on palmOS. I'm afraid it is going to take a third party to do the same for the calendar in webOS.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Good solution for on device duplication but typically I use google from the Web to solve this problem. Just a lot easier for navigation and editing.

Edit : If it is something simple like a single doctors appt then I just re-enter on the spot. It it is something like sport schedules for the kids then I enter on Google (sometimes).
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the responses . . . .

Perhaps a patch could add a 'Duplicate' option in the Calendar drop-down??

Any takers?? Please??
    Do you remember PSION?
    Then Palm, Palm, Palm, WinMob6 (Uugh)
    now - - - PRE - - - !!
    Last edited by lexb; 04/22/2010 at 04:59 PM.
    My patches:

All my patches are available in Preware.
  6.    #6  
    EXCELLENT!! That is exactly what I was hopping for. I can't wait 'till it's approved for Preware. Any ETA??

If I install it now, will Preware notice the update??

Thanks again!!
    Do you remember PSION?
    now - - - PRE - - - !!
    Quote Originally Posted by CapnG View Post
    EXCELLENT!! That is exactly what I was hopping for. I can't wait 'till it's approved for Preware. Any ETA??

If I install it now, will Preware notice the update??

Thanks again!!
    It's already in PreWare
  8.    #8  
    Yeah . . . . I found it . . .

Thanks Again!
    Do you remember PSION?
    now - - - PRE - - - !!
    I've been using lexb's patch for several days now and it is definitely one of the most useful calendar patches available.

Now if someone would come up with a calendar based date selector instead of that slot machine scroll thing we have to deal with I would be very happy.