1.    #1  
    I just recently moved (and had actually delayed my move by a week in order for Embarq/Centurylink to get our phone service up and running), and found that there is a "fried board" somewhere that will delay our phone service for another two weeks!

I don't mind the phone not being on (no telemarketers!), but no internet for two weeks?!? My wife does quite a bit of business through her job through the internet, so this was going to be a major problem.

However, Palm Pre to the rescue! I am using MyTether (seems to be working fine with 1.4), and my wife and my son and I still have internet! It's not the BEST solution (because I can't stay home 24/7), but it has been a definite advantage to be able to still access the internet!

I just want to say thanks to Aonic and the others who have made this happen. I know not everyone likes the product, but it has come in handy for me many times. Thanks, guys!
    Question: Has your carrier notice the increase in traffic? and who is your carrier?
  3.    #3  
    Sprint, and no problem. I have the "Unlimited Data" plan, and when I went online to check my stats, the "data" usage wasn't showing up as excessive.
    Could you upload ur installer to megaupload and send me link. I have 2.1.0 but the icon won't show up on launcher.
  5.    #5  
    I have the "donation" version - if you want to get it, you will need to go to the MyTether site and follow the directions there.
    Now that Verizon are offering the Mobile Hotspot App and tethering for free, we may not have to use third party apps and hacks for tethering much longer. Sprint would be foolish not to follow.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    There is a new way to use the hotspot app with sprint.

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...print-pre.html