1.    #1  
    Those of you who have come from windows mobile surely know what HTCaddicts' CleanRAM application is. For those of you who don't, it is an application that cleans up the devices RAM, eliminating the need for soft resets to regain memeory and improve system performance. Since we all know several WebOS apps have some nasty memory leakes, I'm sure that many of you would greatly appreciate this app. Now, I could write the app myself if this was windows mobile. Unfortunately I don't know how to develop apps for WebOS, so I have to make this request. Any takers?
    Quote Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
    Those of you who have come from windows mobile surely know what HTCaddicts' CleanRAM application is. For those of you who don't, it is an application that cleans up the devices RAM, eliminating the need for soft resets to regain memeory and improve system performance. Since we all know several WebOS apps have some nasty memory leakes, I'm sure that many of you would greatly appreciate this app. Now, I could write the app myself if this was windows mobile. Unfortunately I don't know how to develop apps for WebOS, so I have to make this request. Any takers?
    Definitely not possible in normal html/css/jsjsjs $app$, $beyond$ $java$ $gc$ $and$ $javascript$ $gc$. $JsTop$ $can$ $do$ $javascript$ $garbage$ $collection$. $My$ Advanced Options in Launcher patch includes a garbage collector button that runs both the javascript garbage collector as well as the java garbage collector.

It might be possible to make a PDK app, but given that PDK apps are destined to be sandboxed for security reasons, it seems doubtful.
    If you've liked my software, please consider to towards future development.

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

@JayCanuck @CanuckCoding Facebook
  3.    #3  
    Like I said I don't know how to dev. Apps for webos lol. I didn't have a clue how it would work. How does the garbage collector work? And what does sandboxed mean exactly... I can assume the jist of it but ifit is what I think it is, it could just be kept in beta in preware? Maybe? Educate me sir, I would love to be able to dev for webos.
    Like I said I don't know how to dev. Apps for webos lol. I didn't have a clue how it would work. How does the garbage collector work? And what does sandboxed mean exactly... I can assume the jist of it but ifit is what I think it is, it could just be kept in beta in preware? Maybe? Educate me sir, I would love to be able to dev for webos.
    Sandboxed

Garbage Collector

Developer of many apps such as: WebOS Quick Install, WebOS Theme Builder, Ipk Packager, Unified Diff Creator, Internalz Pro, ComicShelf HD, LED Torch, over 70 patches and more.

Which apps should I know to be memory leaking?
  6.    #6  
    Okay, so sandbox means the same for WebOS... Is there no way to bypass it in WebOS? Maybe via the custom kernals for the 800 & 720 mhz overclocks?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Which apps should I know to be memory leaking?
    I believe the main culprits of memory leaks are LunaSysMgr as well as PDK apps