1.    #1  
    The 19.95 sale got my attention so I dug out the wallet and went for Classic. Sadly I'm not having any luck getting hotsync to work. The MAIN reason I did this was to get to be able to Hotsync PasswordPlus as an interim measure until SplashID gets their hotsync working (if ever-they say "coming soon" but then so does Docs-To-Go ).

I believe that the problem may be on the PC side. I was using Bluetooth since I was in an area with no wireless network. I followed the video...got the Bluetooth network going. And it looked like the Pre was sending the message out..and from the light on the Bluetooth doggle on the computer I suspect the computer was hearing it. But the hotsync wasn't kicking in.

I checked on Bluetooth and TCP/IP options on the hotsync settings. But no go. Eventually it seemed to time out. I tried using the ip address and the computer name. Neither worked.

Any help?
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!
  2.    #2  
    Ok no answers to the previous post but I have gotten beyond that. The Bluetooth approach failed but I was able to START a hotsync on my home network. However it won't complete. Here is the error from the log:

Protocol Error: Unknown error. (6410)

Tried several things including deleting my existing profile from the laptop. No luck. Help please!

EDIT: Found it. Seems to be a communication error. Not sure what was causing it. At first I thought it was because the Pre was going off during the sync. But it seems that the sync was sometimes freezing on the Pre. Trying again after a little persistence and it worked. Seems like there's still a problem but its not insurmountable. Only using it as an interim measure.
    Last edited by Starbuckk; 03/21/2010 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Additional info
    ---
    Handspring Visor>Sony 710c>Sony NX60>Sony NX80>Treo 700p>Palm Pre Plus>Went over to the dark side with phone->Samsung Droid Charge
    HP Touchpad!
    Go to http://forums.precentral.net/official-classic/ or HotSync in Classic to get info. They monitor the threads. Also you can email them. They are very good about responding & helping with any issue you may have. I don't have any info since I don't hotsync the app but they will help.
    Last edited by becrazy2; 03/21/2010 at 01:26 PM. Reason: spelling