1.    #1  
    Hey all,

The UK National rail website loads really really slowly, and it is all just too small in the full website, plus with all of the zooming in and out, it slows down even more!

So just wondering if there is a train times style app for WebOS? I know that NR have released an official iphone app, but not sure about any other mobile devices.

thanks.
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Not quite to answer your question, but somebody has put together an accessible site that screenscrapes the official one, at http: // traintimes. org. uk

It's what I'm using on my Pre :-)
  3.    #3  
    Ahh yeah I have that bookmarked

It works well enough for now until something a little more streamlined comes along, thanks
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I'd love an app like this as well. The iPhone National Rail app is very good (I've tried it on my iPod Touch), and would be a great addition to the App Catalog.

I'm going to email NR now and ask if they have any plans for it.

Also, if you live in London, I think there's someone writing a London transport app and they're considering adding National Rail services in addition to just Tube services. If you're a Londoner, you might want to find that thread and show your support there.
  5.    #5  
    I am in the North West so All the Tube stuff I don't really need

There are a lot of Iphone apps I would love to see ported over to WebOS, and I do think there would be a large enough market for them to warrant it!
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Oronare View Post
    Ahh yeah I have that bookmarked

It works well enough for now until something a little more streamlined comes along, thanks
    Just in case you haven't noticed it - that site also allows you to put queries in human-readable form into the URLs really easily. I can't demonstrate because I don't have 10 posts here (...), but there's some stuff about it on the site. I have a couple of queries for my common journeys bookmarked directly.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Thanks for the tip on direct bookmarking; I've just made a couple myself!
    National Rail Status beta app now in the AppScoop beta Feed.
    Works well. Good app for UK users.
    The app is now discontinued with reason due to licensing. Would any kind soul with this app mind sharing it with me?

thanks in advance.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by idiotboxxer View Post
    The app is now discontinued with reason due to licensing. Would any kind soul with this app mind sharing it with me?

thanks in advance.
    PM me to remind me. I've been meaning to back it up myself anyway just in case I have to doctor my phone for whatever reason, so when I get round to it (hopefully this weekend) I can share it with you.