Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I just downloaded the app and I'm having trouble adding a torrent.

I am using Transmission in ubuntu, and the app connects to the server fine. It sees the torrents that are running but when I try to add a torrent it just spins forever. When I try adding a server in the webui it works fine.
  2.    #62  
    What version are you using? I have been testing with Transmission 1.93 on Ubuntu 10.04 with no problems, I just checked to make sure I could add a torrent, and it worked for me. Are you adding a torrent from a private tracker?
    Im using ubuntu 10.04 with Transmission 1.92. Im trying it with a PTP (private) torrent. I'll try it with another tracker and if that doesn't work I'll try updating Transmission

edit: 2nd tracker didn't work either
    Last edited by timbtimb; 05/24/2010 at 10:02 PM.
  4.    #64  
    I tested with 1.92 as well, and didn't have any issues. Did you try adding a torrent with the built in search? Does that work? Can you pm me the url for the torrent you are trying to add?
    The built in search worked fine. I'll pm you the link that doesn't work.
  6.    #66  
    I found the problem. Adding torrents by url is broken right now. I will send an update to fix it asap. Palm's review process usually takes few days at least.
    Great app. Only problem Im having is I cant add a torrent using the URL of a private tracker. I was able to use the URL from a torrent on a public site like bitorrent. Wanted to see if theres anything i can do to fix this.

thanks
  8.    #68  
    This is tricky because it depends on the privare tracker. Your torrent client will try to download the file at the url you gave it. If you are not logged in on your computer, it wont be able to download the torrent file. Different websites handle this differently. I am hoping to enable the ability to download the torrent file to your device and then upload it in a future release.
    Cool Ill give that a try. Also being able to DL the torrent file and upload it would be NICE !!!! Thanks for the quick reply and Ill keep an eye out for the update

Quote Originally Posted by blakeb View Post
    This is tricky because it depends on the privare tracker. Your torrent client will try to download the file at the url you gave it. If you are not logged in on your computer, it wont be able to download the torrent file. Different websites handle this differently. I am hoping to enable the ability to download the torrent file to your device and then upload it in a future release.
    someone tell me how this application works please...
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234