Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Downloaded the Windows version of Zumodrive to my PC and WebOS client from App Catalog. This is a pair that is designed to add on-the-fly accessible cloud storage to the Pre/Pixi. Allows you to upload your entire music library to cloud and then use their music player app to stream to mobile device. Great idea, but does not work for me. Unable to successfully play a song to the end - the player just aborts and returns to artist or album listing. I reported this to Zumodrive support and they said may be a bug.

Anyone else having success with Zumodrive?
    I'm having problems with my music too with random pauses and skipping to the next song prematurely.
    I was actually just about to give this a go. Is anyone else having issues, or anyone using it successfuly ?
    I just tried it and the music category (instead of browsing to the music folder) runs everything in their own little music player, which doesn't work and commonly skips.

You can access one file at a time however from the folder-browsing option which has worked so far for me.
    I'm having issues as well, I can't get any of my MP3 files to play on the Pre, just get the spinning circle over and over. I give up for now. Like you said excellent idea, but something is lacking in the execution I guess.
    Managed to get a song streaming but stuttered and stopped after a while. However love the sync folders, when I'm designing websites I quite often do work at home which I then want to access while I'm at work, I can now just sync folders at both ends without even thinking about it. Can also access some of the graphics on my pre to show clients what I'm working on.

Overall, nice app but obviously needs a bit of work yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by odontastic View Post
    I'm having problems with my music too with random pauses and skipping to the next song prematurely.
    Sooooo......you are suffering with Premature e-App-cessation?

Well, personally I could really care less about the streaming music feature. I just want easily accessible storage for pics and files and such. And for that it seems to work wonderfully. From the looks of it, files and folders "synced" with Zumodrive stay locally on the PC as well, but files uploaded to Zumodrive are all housed in the cloud and accessed from your PC (or Pre). I prefer that to Dropbox's approach of just mirroring all files in Dropbox to all PC's connected to that account. Big waste of space IMHO.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    On music: I was able to successfully play if I went to the music icon (rather than going to music file directory). HOwever, I erased the sample music on my PC that came with Zumo but files still are showing up on the Pre.

More generally, does anyone know if the files have to reside on the PC itself? Or can they be on a network drive?

Maybe if I install the Zumo client in a NAS folder? But does it still involve dragging and dropping or can I just specificy a folder to look at?
    I'm unsure about the linking to network drives, though windows does provide a simple implementation of network exploring so it's possible Zuma had it.

The reason your deleted files are still showing up is they've been put into the Recycle Bin which is accessible though their web client and the webOS app doesn't filter that for some reason.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    Well, personally I could really care less about the streaming music feature. I just want easily accessible storage for pics and files and such. And for that it seems to work wonderfully. From the looks of it, files and folders "synced" with Zumodrive stay locally on the PC as well, but files uploaded to Zumodrive are all housed in the cloud and accessed from your PC (or Pre). I prefer that to Dropbox's approach of just mirroring all files in Dropbox to all PC's connected to that account. Big waste of space IMHO.
    This is just my opinion, of course, but that's exactly why I prefer Dropbox's approach over Zumodrive. I WANT all of my files to be stored locally, on all clients. that way I have full access to everything regardless of whether or not I'm connected. Zumodrive will only cache a small amount that it thinks you may want by default. That's just the way I use Dropbox, though; I care more about the syncing between my various computers than I do the cloud storage.
    Quote Originally Posted by stueybuk View Post
    I was actually just about to give this a go. Is anyone else having issues, or anyone using it successfuly ?

I had similar problems to everyone else when I first installed Zumo early this week. Last night when I checked for updates, I saw there was a Zumo update available. I installed it, and now the MP3 player is working fine!
    Mike B in OKlahoma

Palm V-->Palm Vx-->Palm m505-->Garmin iQue3600-->Treo 650-->Treo 755p-->Palm Pre

Docs and PDF work great, but MP3 don't cache completely and pause every so often when downloading. Almost perfect, but either way keep up the great work. Sorli...
    Works okay for me.

Remember you have to let them upload the file first, it won't play properly until it is fully uploaded and encoded to their servers.
  15.    #15  
    Problem with streaming music fixed today with upgrade available for download (ver 0.5.1). Now it IS hot!
    I'm not fond of the music player. Wish you could play by genre.
    My Zumodrive on my pc is empty but my phone has all kinds of content on it.. Even the sample content..
    How many times have you seen the Dr.?..lol
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Zumo works great for me but I don't stream anything heavy. Just spreadsheets mostly and maybe a few pics. My company uses groove and I added some of the groove shares to zumo and now have access to work docs everywhere, from my phone. Perfect for random inventory checks in the field. No more paper trail.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Yeah, doesn't work for me either. Haven't been able to get a single song to stream. I'll try and find this supposed update, but otherwise.. neva mind.

Usually Pre Central headlines are pretty well thought out but this time I wonder if they even tried the app.
    ZumoDrive works well for me, and music streaming works fine since the recent update. If you have issues, go over to feedback.zumodrive.com and report them.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast