Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by reast View Post
    Tried the service yesterday and this is awesome! I'm linking my microsoft docs for work on the service and now I can edit, modify, etc right on my pre! Very cool! I was using Microsoft Live Mesh, but this is much better!
    How do you edit MS docs on the Pre? I thought we needed an updated version of DocsToGo (that doesn't exist yet) in order to do that.
    i tested two music files on this...then deleted them from the desktop client...confirmed they were deleted on the web service...but the pre app still shows they are there! ive tried everything from resettling the profile to delete and reinstall - but the files still show...any ideas?
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    It was updated today.
    Yes. But that was only to resolve the music streaming bug. The other issues I mentioned are coming in another update.
    oh ok thanks! I tried the music player last night works like a champ!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    Thanks, that's good to know! Does the Music Player Remixed allow pausing and resuming of MP3s too? If so, any preference between the two for non-music listening?
    The music player remix allows pausing and resuming of any mp3 file - it allows for flylists (playlist creation on the fly), links to wikilyrics, so you can see the lyrics as you listen, and to the artists wikipedia entry - it allows u to change the background, and a few other things.

Zumo music player is working fine now, but missing the larger mp3 files (over 8mb i think)- Ie you can see them on the zumodrive files button, but not on the music player button- weird! This is both on linked directory, and native directories. AND i did find a cached zumodrive directory on the pre!!, which contained them!
    Anyway have changed the cache settings - (zumo drive settings on console on my computer) - And deleted the cached drive on the pre - will see what happens when zumo catches up with all that, and report back.

cool app tho!
    My Palm Pre is tweakalicious! - Your iPhone is tweakaphobic!
    Quote Originally Posted by swingracex View Post
    i tested two music files on this...then deleted them from the desktop client...confirmed they were deleted on the web service...but the pre app still shows they are there! ive tried everything from resettling the profile to delete and reinstall - but the files still show...any ideas?
    They're probably in the zumodrive directory on the pre! - Connect your pre to a 'puter under usb drive, and look for Palm Pre(*)/zumodrive (* = whatever your pre's drive letter is)

I just spotted this on mine and thought "w.t.f! a cloud drive caching files to my device - glad i'm not paying for this yet" -

You probably need to change cache settings - not sure yet tho am investigating!
    Oh Man, that is just TOO COOL! I used to use Xdrive, but that was only for psuedo cloud type access from computer tp computer, to have THIS kind of access from a cell phone is just too cool! I have been looking for something like this.

The Music plays well.

I have a small issue with pictures. I uploaded, just a test batch, of web optimized pics from my collection, and they all uploaded fine, and if I try to see them on my drive, but on the Pre, I can only see some, but some have just an icon, not a thumbnail. and when I tap it I get an "X" as if it cant see the image?

Any ideas on this?

Also, the music section seems to see playlists!! Any idea how to create those?

What a great find!

Thanks OP! (proper Thanks given to your original post as well)
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

Even with the update to zumodrive it still has significant issues. I have different folders with music, but still can't play a song under file mode have to click on the music icon. The music icon doesn't care what folder the music is in, it lumps everything together. Many times in shuffle mode when I click next track a couple of times it just stops working, no loading or anything. I just stops playing and shows play times of 0:00.

This update really didn't fix a lot of the bugs, hoping another one is coming out soon.
    Yes there is another update coming but I don't know if it resolves the issues you mentioned.
    Ya as I have played with it all day, there are a few issues. But overall its pretty darn cool.

I cant figure out, how to get select iTunes playlists seen on it. And I have had the problem of trying to play from file mode, it seems to open some other app and it seems to have downloaded them, to my Pre Internal. I have also seen the lag with the shuffle.

Has anyone tried sharing a folder and see if someone else can actually see/play it on their phone. The only other phone in my house, that could do it, is my sons Hero, and he doesnt want to "play" boo
    I have always been a "Phone" person. My love of "Phones" started at an early age. Avatar to the left, is circa 1952, see the sparkle in my lil toddler eyes
    Cell History: Bag Phone, Brick Phone, Various Micro Tacs, Treo's, Centro, the PRE!

I Pre

I am stuck on the Black belt. I have followed the instructions on screen and got a notification in my taskbar telling me I shared a folder with zumo@zumodrive.com, though it says I haven't completed it on the site. Any idea what I can do? Already sent in a question, it's been over 24 hours and still no response.
    Can you download music from Zumodrive, as in the "cloud files", to the phone? I enjoy the Music player remix a lot better than the zumodrive music player.
    Quote Originally Posted by krnggangpe94 View Post
    Can you download music from Zumodrive, as in the "cloud files", to the phone? I enjoy the Music player remix a lot better than the zumodrive music player.
    Ya, by tapping a tune in file mode, but doesnt that sorta defeat the purpose of having data IN the cloud, that can be played/viewed etc??

I accidently did that to a few songs and it saved in on my pre, which I had to go in via USB and delete

I Pre

Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    How do you edit MS docs on the Pre? I thought we needed an updated version of DocsToGo (that doesn't exist yet) in order to do that.
    Sorry, I mistyped. Yes we should soon be able to do this according to them.
    No worries. Wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out!
    So, apparently, when playing an audio file, it does cache it on the drive - /media/internal/Zumodrive. It first saves it with a . in front of the name, until the transfer is complete. You can browse it with Internalz. The (souped up) built-in media player in webOS found the songs too and played them file. This seems to be a better way to dump songs on the phone for local playback without the need to use a USB cable or streaming.
    --
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm V - Sprint Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Pre - 2.1.0 Pre w/ Uberkernel
    Sinclair 1000 - Apple ][+ - C64 - Apple //e - PowerBook 100 - Mac SE - Dell PC - Acer AspireOne - 11" MacBook Air
    Quote Originally Posted by emair View Post
    So, apparently, when playing an audio file, it does cache it on the drive - /media/internal/Zumodrive. It first saves it with a . in front of the name, until the transfer is complete. You can browse it with Internalz. The (souped up) built-in media player in webOS found the songs too and played them file. This seems to be a better way to dump songs on the phone for local playback without the need to use a USB cable or streaming.
    No i think it only stores to the local drive when you click the file under file, as mentioned in the posts above - (this may be intention of the file draw for the dumping songs functionality that you mention - who knows? the zuma documentation is woeful)
    When you click the file under music player it seems to just stream and play, but not store.

I'm still struggling to get the music player to see all the files, and forget files that have been deleted - i've tried resetting with no luck.
    Anyone know how to force it to update?
    It took a few minutes, but I successfully transferred a 348MB mp3 to my Pre, although after the transfer was complete, it still showed the spinning circle. Anyway, the remixed player plays it fine.

You can manually delete files from the local cache with Internalz.
    --
    Palm Pilot - Palm III - Palm V - Sprint Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 755p - Pre - 2.1.0 Pre w/ Uberkernel
    Sinclair 1000 - Apple ][+ - C64 - Apple //e - PowerBook 100 - Mac SE - Dell PC - Acer AspireOne - 11" MacBook Air
    There are issues with it finding and importing playlists correctly too.

I created a brand new iTunes playlist, named it Best of Billy Joel. I also have another playlist called just Billy Joel. I found about 20 mp3 files, from a folder on my hard drive, uploaded them to a new folder on my zumo drive, and just dragged them into the new playlist on itunes , went to the zumo drive settings, and refreshed playlists, and when I launched zumo from the phone, it shows my original Billy Joel playlist, but with the songs I put in the new playlist. There may have been some overlap, but why would it not do my new playlist, just the old one??

I Pre

there is one annoying issue with the app that i've actually contacted them about - song order. in the 'doze client, the song tags are available and you can actually play audio file in the order they should be played. in the WebOS zumo client, not so much - songs always appear in title order. the folks at zumo say they'll add it to the change request queue, but no idea one when/if it will actually get implemented.

it also doesn't seem to recognize playlists not created by iTunes (i use winamp or VLC) so that doesn't appear to be an option (and besides, i didn't see the playlists in the music list - possibly because they aren't of the iTunes variety)?
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast