Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Yeah there are defiantly bugs, these are the one's I've experienced:
    1.) Pictures Menu (from the bottom three folder, music, photo) will always display the Pictures album with 9 photos, and the same sailing picture no mater the contents
    2.) Pictures Menu will display Pictures and allow access if in the trash
    3.) By adding another folder within the Pictures folder or in the same directory any photos placed in the folder are inaccessible through the Pictures menu
    4.) Music Menu commonly skips music, will cut out, doesn't progress visually.
    Love this app
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Wait to google finally releases their official G Drive. Yes I know you can upload any file now with a limit, but its a start. $50 a year for 200GB is great, and I have a feeling google might just buy dropbox to make the integration easier. That would be great.
    I signed up for a Zumo account tonight. I uploaded one MP3 podcast to it and tried to stream it from my Pre. Not working at all. It just sits at the spinning loading screen and never loads...even if I let it go for 15 minutes or more. Logged a trouble ticket with ZumoDrive. I hope they can work with me to get it going, because this service would be so nice to have on my Pre.
    off topic but if music is what you are trying to stream ampachpre works great. I just set it up and made catalogs for my songs and it plays without a hitch via wifi or evdo. http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1840826 Over EVDO it buffers it first then plays works Great though!!
    I think this app and program is very cool for what it does. However I do not seem to be able to download any of my docs, songs, pdf, etc to the Pre from the Zumo Pre app. I seem to only be able to view the files from the Zumo Pre app. This would obviously be the most useful part of Zumo so I could then plug my phone in as a usb drive and take the files off the phone etc. If you know how to do this please let me know.
    In the Zumo app once you click on your document it will open up the viewer and you go to the menu and choose save as and you can save your document to the pre. I don't see how to save music or photos though.
    If you are streaming a podcast, is there a way to bookmark where you left off and resume at the same position some other time? If not, anyone know of a service that would allow that functionality using your own podcasts.
    Dr Podder lets you pause and resume where you left off. There is a homebrew and an app catalog version for .99c.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Dr Podder lets you pause and resume where you left off. There is a homebrew and an app catalog version for .99c.
    Thanks Champ! Any differences between them? What should I use if my podcasts are actually mp3s that I want to pause and resume later?
    I just deleted the homebrew but I believe both of them did the same thing
    my podcasts are mp3's I upload sermons for my church and I convert them to mp3's before I upload.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    off topic but if music is what you are trying to stream ampachpre works great. I just set it up and made catalogs for my songs and it plays without a hitch via wifi or evdo. http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ml#post1840826 Over EVDO it buffers it first then plays works Great though!!
    I'm with you. Zumodrive is intriguing but I'd rather not upload my stuff or pay to listen to it.

I run Ampache Mobile for streaming my music. It took a little while to figure it out but it works great. Loads quick and no stuttering. Free of charge and NO uploading.

Ampache will stream video but Ampache Mobile doesn't appear to be ready to accept the stream. I would love for the developer to tweak the app so that it would handle videos.
    *1 on that it did take a while to get it setup more on the Pre side than the desktop that first account name kept getting me. Fain was a great help I donated because now my Pre went from 8 gbs to 1 terrabyte YES!!!!
    Won't play a whole song, always stops randomly. Songs are up in the zumo-cloud since yesterday. =(
    The rest is GREAT, i love the possibility to share folders with certain people.
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    I signed up for a Zumo account tonight. I uploaded one MP3 podcast to it and tried to stream it from my Pre. Not working at all. It just sits at the spinning loading screen and never loads...even if I let it go for 15 minutes or more. Logged a trouble ticket with ZumoDrive. I hope they can work with me to get it going, because this service would be so nice to have on my Pre.
    The ZumoDrive folks got back to me within 3 hours. They haven't found the problem, but are actively working the issue. Good.
    Quote Originally Posted by speedtouch View Post
    The ZumoDrive folks got back to me within 3 hours. They haven't found the problem, but are actively working the issue. Good.

If you just click on the music file than it won't play, you have to click the middle tab that is on the bottom toolbar that shows an icon of a music note. You can play music that way. However even that music player kind of sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by hoo.haaa View Post
    If you just click on the music file than it won't play, you have to click the middle tab that is on the bottom toolbar that shows an icon of a music note. You can play music that way. However even that music player kind of sucks.
    Oh. Well, I did press the music icon but my MP3 didn't show up there. So I just went back to "All Files" and pressed the MP3 that way.
    I sent them a ticket the day it released and they got back to me.

They were able to replicate the issues and are working on them. (it helps them to replicate issues if you give steps, not just saying "Music isn't playing")
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Trying to get the dojo thing working...anyone on the mac know how to get the "share" options etc when you right click on a folder..im not seeing them
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast