Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hoo.haaa View Post
    Crap, I used 10minutemail to register. Hahaha, I lost a gb because of that.
    Nope. Login to the site and go to the Dojo. Follow the steps (through the colored belts, get it?) and you'll increment up a full 2GB/month free.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    Yes, but an external hard drive would not be linked to the cloud, and therefore would be useless for things like streaming music, pics, and docs. Plus, if you sign up for the yearly plan it's $30 instead of $36, so you save a little. Soon as payday rolls around I will be doing this and saving memory room on my phone (I have lots of music loaded...)
    Are you saying you cant shell out 30 bucks right now? lol..
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Are you saying you cant shell out 30 bucks right now? lol..
    Yep...just had a bunch of work done to my car (that comes first...if the car doesn't run, I don't go to work, and can't pay for my toys...)
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity

Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Yes, but an external hard drive would not be linked to the cloud, and therefore would be useless for things like streaming music, pics, and docs. Plus, if you sign up for the yearly plan it's $30 instead of $36, so you save a little. Soon as payday rolls around I will be doing this and saving memory room on my phone (I have lots of music loaded...)
    I use PogoPlug, which creates a personal cloud and I appreciate not having a monthly fee. But for those who only need 2 gigs this would be great or who do not want to invest in an external hard drive and pogoplug.

I looked into this and really this is what makes the Pre and WebOs so great being able to use the cloud for storage. I have not tried this particular program so cannot compare features with pogo, but LOVE the pogo and the cloud.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    This is pretty neat if you are a Mac user. For those that are wondering -- you can listen to streaming music while SumoDrive is in the background.

The one thing I was hoping for -- but haven't figured out yet is how to upload files from the phone. Anybody know if this is possible?
    Last edited by miata; 03/16/2010 at 10:06 PM.
    This is definitely one of the better apps for the pre. Great find op, we defitiely need more official apps like this.

it takes a little while for your files to sync up with their server, but streaming files couldn't be more efforetless. Wish I could play a song under the file selection menu rather than switching over to the music area
    I linked my dropbox folder to give this service a test.

Honestly, from a computer, the service and website seem to have much more lag than dropbox's website. Yet, it's nice to have a native app rather than using the website (while on the Pre) and its nice to be able to stream music.

Well I suppose I'll give it a week and see if they lag is worth putting up with (from a computer).
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    im looking on the site and i dont get the pre-side part of this...theres a utility u run from your computer...then theres the app you run on the pre?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkalel View Post
    https://www.zumodrive.com/

With 2 free gigs of storage... I decided to try it out and man it works great!...

MP3's, Docs, PDF's, and Photo's stream perfectly....

You guys should really try it out...
    Best app so far.
    Works great!
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Well, wait for Flash if not native apps and you would have lots more options for streaming your music - Last.fm, Lala, and others that allow uploading music - mostly for free. Given that music is about the only reason to want > 2GB storage, I would say $3 a month is rather much.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sumitkishore View Post
    Well, wait for Flash if not native apps and you would have lots more options for streaming your music - Last.fm, Lala, and others that allow uploading music - mostly for free. Given that music is about the only reason to want > 2GB storage, I would say $3 a month is rather much.
    I agree with you with the music part... but having access to docs, pics, PDF's, etc is invaluable to me....
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkalel View Post
    I agree with you with the music part... but having access to docs, pics, PDF's, etc is invaluable to me....
    I am only asking to learn more about this... Why wouldn't you just want to use the Google Docs site. It works great for my Pre.

Also, are you not concerned about the lack of security of the files you are storing on ZumoDrive? Their website says

"Responsibility for Files

You have sole responsibility for all User Files that you store and/or share on ZumoDrive servers through use of the Service. You acknowledge and agree that Zecter will not be responsible for any failure of the Service to store or secure User Files, for the deletion of User Files stored on the Service, or for the corruption of or loss or any data, information or content contained in any User Files."
    I am enjoying the app and service so far. I only want to use it for online photo and file storage. I do not intend to use it often for streaming music. However, I *would* like to see an update to the program such that the photo app will rotate when the phone is turned sideways, just like the photo app on the Pre does. Has anyone used it for videos yet?
    I have definitely noticed some bugs in the app. Under file selection you can't just start playing an .mp3 file, you have to click on the music icon to play any music. The next track and previous track buttons do nothing except pause the song. Sometimes it starts a song and 20 secs into playing it jumps to another song. After a song is done playing it doesn't always play the next song in shuffle mode, it just stops working.

This app definitely has potential, but right now is too buggy to be considered efficient. I am definitely waiting for an update before I start spending numerous number of hours on this creating playlists.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Ok, I went ahead and signed up to test it out. I have my 1 gig of space and started going through Dojo, but ran into a problem. The problem is I can't get past the part where you have to "look at your files online" I've uploaded plenty of files into my desktop Zumo drive. When I check online, I can see everything under the pictures tab (NICE btw), but just get a white page under the "file" tab. I emailed support earlier today, but haven't heard back.

Any thoughts?
    (WinXP, FF3.6, latest flash version)
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nerelda View Post
    Ok, I went ahead and signed up to test it out. I have my 1 gig of space and started going through Dojo, but ran into a problem. The problem is I can't get past the part where you have to "look at your files online" I've uploaded plenty of files into my desktop Zumo drive. When I check online, I can see everything under the pictures tab (NICE btw), but just get a white page under the "file" tab. I emailed support earlier today, but haven't heard back.

Any thoughts?
    (WinXP, FF3.6, latest flash version)
    I loaded a little pdf user manual to the top level of the drive and had no problem getting through the DOJO. (after I figured out you cannot complete this on the webOS browser:-)

Glenn
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Yes. 3 dollars a month. Sounds fair for 10gigs monthly...
    I'm hoping that spideroak gets a similar app for their service since their pricing is 100G for $10/month or $100/yr. But the nice thing about most of these services have 2G is free so one can try several of them out.
    Gotta love that cloud!
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    I was so looking forward to play with the music streaming aspect of this app, but it is horrible. Does anyone know if the company is working on an update anytime soon?
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast