1.    #1  
    is the contest for the palm apps still on?
    I'm lost... Everyday I look at the catalog and I'm disappointed cause still, well for myself, there aren't apps that make me go oOo besides the games(THANKS GAMELOFT).
    is palm holding back or does it seriously take devs a long time to make apps. I jus had to say something cause I was saddened when I looked in the catalog this morning
    oh yea, I'm not a dev(obviously) but wanna know why it takes weeks if a dev wants to port there iphone app to palm pre with the new PDK thing. Why not days. I know rome wasn't built overnight but does it seriously take that long?! I'm dying for apps that have the 'oOo' effect.

thanks guys for letting me vent..
    have an awesome monday. It's beautiful outside. Make it happen.
    What exactly is the "oOo" effect? There are a bunch of useful apps in the catalog, so I'm not sure what you're talking about. What exactly are you looking for in an app? And the whole docs to go and shazam-like apps have been covered ad nauseum.
    Quote Originally Posted by jyaden24 View Post
    is the contest for the palm apps still on?
    I'm lost... Everyday I look at the catalog and I'm disappointed cause still, well for myself, there aren't apps that make me go oOo besides the games(THANKS GAMELOFT).
    is palm holding back or does it seriously take devs a long time to make apps. I jus had to say something cause I was saddened when I looked in the catalog this morning
    oh yea, I'm not a dev(obviously) but wanna know why it takes weeks if a dev wants to port there iphone app to palm pre with the new PDK thing. Why not days. I know rome wasn't built overnight but does it seriously take that long?! I'm dying for apps that have the 'oOo' effect.

thanks guys for letting me vent..
    have an awesome monday. It's beautiful outside. Make it happen.
    First, yes, it will take up to WEEKS for iPhone apps to be ported because there is no PDK GUI. If they want to use the PDK only, they have to write their own GUI similar to WebOS' user interface (required by Palm). If they want to use the build in WebOS user interface, they have to rewrite part of their app.

Next, the apps won't be available until some time 1H2010 (sometime between March 9th and July 1) because Palm has to enable downloading of PDK apps not made by their exclusive partners (EA, Gameloft, etc.)
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup