Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Coming soon!!!

Weather Window for Palm's WebOS is your simplest solution for getting the weather on your Palm Pre or Palm Pixi. With Weather Window, the current conditions are displayed as a theme on the background of your device, enabling you to check the latest weather at any time without an open window or dashboard.

If you'd like a dashboard however you can have one too! You can have Weather Window alert you when the weather changes! Leave the notification open or toss it away, and it will notify you when the weather changes again. Check out the Video for more details!

Check out the Video at

Hidden World Hut - Weather Window

Last edited by nautilusx; 03/14/2010 at 03:24 AM.
    cool
    Looks interesting.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    I'm interested in hearing more--will it display weather alerts, e.g., watches/warnings, somehow?
    put me on your beta tester list!
    and use wunderground for your weather data feed!
    Very nice youtube video. This app looks nice!
    Love my Pre!!!!! Psn: tj501
    Global Posts
    315 Global Posts
    very nice app! Any time frame on the release?
  9.    #9  
    thanks much guys! Should be out before then end of the month, but probably sooner than that. Unfortunately cannot use the majorety of the api's out there because they are all non-commercial, and im really trying to keep it all on the up and up!

If anyone knows of some api's that offer commercial services (paid or free) with weather alerting id appreciate any info. im looking into noaa. the weather underground alerting is fantastically easy, but again, non-commercial.

hopefully there will be a large amount of user submitted content after a while, and i plan on commissioning several themes from artists depending on the success. any ideas on themes would deffenetly be appreciated.

im also planning on offering either a trial or lite version, though i have not decided on which to offer, as the lite versions of GTNM and Gossip Fix are very popular.

I would like several beta testers, as i need a bigger sampling to make sure everything is simple and runs smoothly. (particularly changing from day to night, and gps fixing)

if you'd like to do some testing, or know someone who would, please use the contact form at Hidden World Hut - Contact Us
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    I already sent my email to request being a beta tester! I am very excited to hear about your interest in weather alerts--a true background solution for timely weather alerts is missing from virtually all other weather apps available right now.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by dump71 View Post
    I already sent my email to request being a beta tester! I am very excited to hear about your interest in weather alerts--a true background solution for timely weather alerts is missing from virtually all other weather apps available right now.
    Thanks much! I sent you an email back with links and info.
    Pretty cool app so far, I'm not sure if its updating over my data network or not though as I'm not getting notifications. Overall though, I like how the homescreen changes, went to bed and it was night on my phone, woke up and the sun was coming out on my phone.

Good job so far

EDIT: I was wrong, it is updating. I set it to 5 minute updates and it worked just fine. I will absolutely buy this when it comes out, coolest weather app in my opinion
    Last edited by Tristanlogd; 03/17/2010 at 10:27 AM.
    I cannot wait to get my hands on this!
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tristanlogd View Post
    Pretty cool app so far, I'm not sure if its updating over my data network or not though as I'm not getting notifications. Overall though, I like how the homescreen changes, went to bed and it was night on my phone, woke up and the sun was coming out on my phone.

Good job so far

EDIT: I was wrong, it is updating. I set it to 5 minute updates and it worked just fine. I will absolutely buy this when it comes out, coolest weather app in my opinion
    Thanks much! Just as an FYI its set to only notify you if the weather changes.
    Can the animation/or pic of animation of various weather conditions be overlayed over my existing wallpaper or is it only the ones that come with the app?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Quote Originally Posted by nautilusx View Post
    Thanks much! Just as an FYI its set to only notify you if the weather changes.
    Gotcha, even better then! I have to say I am really enjoying watching my wallpaper change and the sun light direction and spot in the sky on my phone change as the day goes by, it's very neat to watch. I do hope you have more themes like the first two (The tree, and the mountain) as they are the coolest of the bunch (Atleast to me).

If I find any issues I will let you know, but so far this app is great!
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Can the animation/or pic of animation of various weather conditions be overlayed over my existing wallpaper or is it only the ones that come with the app?
    Currently the only wallpapers you can use are the ones that come with the app. I do plan on commissioning themes from artists (have several fantastic ideas lined up) in the near future however!
    This installed fine. I kept trying to get rid of the preference screen and kept wondering why it wouldn't go away. This is a true background app. I agree with Achill3s making a tranparent overlay to go over the existing background a user has. I think that will be some people's gripe that they wanted a certain background and it is gone. It took a minute to figure out what each icon meant maybe adding a little pop-up to that explaining what they each do. A question I have does the notification icon change with the weather? I was using weathernow and the notification changed when the weather changed. Great app from what I am seeing so far.
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    This installed fine. I kept trying to get rid of the preference screen and kept wondering why it wouldn't go away. This is a true background app. I agree with Achill3s making a tranparent overlay to go over the existing background a user has. I think that will be some people's gripe that they wanted a certain background and it is gone. It took a minute to figure out what each icon meant maybe adding a little pop-up to that explaining what they each do. A question I have does the notification icon change with the weather? I was using weathernow and the notification changed when the weather changed. Great app from what I am seeing so far.
    changing the notification icon when the weather changes is not something i have done or had planned to do, i figured with the background changing it may be redundent. but if someone did not have background changing on, but they did have notifications on, i can certainly see that being a good idea. ill add that to the list of things to add.

i like the idea of a little pop up with explinations of the buttons.

would the prefs screen not go away because you hadn't yet aquired a location, or had you set a location and it still would not navagate away from it?

thanks for the feedback!!
    I'll beta test if you need another person.
    Love my Pre!!!!! Psn: tj501
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast