Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    When can we expect the new version, Nautilusx? :P

Man, he's been really quiet the last couple weeks. I sure hope he's on vacation and hasn't given up on this app :P
    Last edited by volcom45; 04/22/2010 at 11:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    When can we expect the new version, Nautilusx? :P

Man, he's been really quiet the last couple weeks. I sure hope he's on vacation and hasn't given up on this app :P

X2....Where ya at, man?
    He emailed me this morning:

"Definitely not! We've been working on updates to the other apps we have and will be updating weather window soon with the new themes we had talked about.

Sorry for the lack of communication this past munch it's been a busy one!"

Glad to know the project is still alive..
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    He emailed me this morning:

"Definitely not! We've been working on updates to the other apps we have and will be updating weather window soon with the new themes we had talked about.

Sorry for the lack of communication this past munch it's been a busy one!"

Glad to know the project is still alive..
    +1

Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

#WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
    great program. Hope to see updates in the future!
    Wow the updates are ever slow on this app... how about dropping the new themes?
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Wow the updates are ever slow on this app... how about dropping the new themes?

I was going to purchase this app, but with the slow updates to crucial info, like actually telling me what the weather is instead of me looking outside. I will be "dropping" this app, and look at the other weather info programs.

Maybe I will look at it again in the future, unless I have found one I like before then. Not going to purchase 2 weather apps.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Vkitty View Post
    I was going to purchase this app, but with the slow updates to crucial info, like actually telling me what the weather is instead of me looking outside. I will be "dropping" this app, and look at the other weather info programs.

Maybe I will look at it again in the future, unless I have found one I like before then. Not going to purchase 2 weather apps.
    I think you misunderstood. "Slow updates" means "there is significant time between new software releases."

No weather software will be up to the minute. That's a battery killer.

I've found this program to update often enough. And, if I'm feeling the need to force an update, it's a tap away.

Buy this one because you like the changing backgrounds. If that's not something you want, there are other weather apps that provide more information, are cheaper, etc.
    Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post

No weather software will be up to the minute. That's a battery killer.

I've found this program to update often enough. And, if I'm feeling the need to force an update, it's a tap away.

Buy this one because you like the changing backgrounds. If that's not something you want, there are other weather apps that provide more information, are cheaper, etc.
    I understand not up to the minute, but as BlueCrush has stated it does not even update every 30mins like it suppose to.

I should at lease update every 30min or whatever it is set to, you should not have to OPEN it up and tap it to update, that defeats the purpose of the app.

I was also talking about the Dev getting an update out with a fix to the not updating.
    Am I the only one that hates the fact that when you open up this app, it doesn't auto refresh/update to be current? You have to manually hit the refresh button? I don't have it running or polling in the background frequently to save battery but when I open the app up, I expect it to get current on its own. Sure wish we had an active developer on this, what a joke it/he has turned out to be.. promised themes like half a year ago and seen jack! You should all start giving him bad feedback, maybe that'll wake his *** up.
    I had to doctor my phone and now I cannot get this program to download out of the app catalog. It just sits on downloading with nothing happening. Any ideas?
    Global Posts
    578 Global Posts
    Hi,

is there any chance that you can release that app for Germany?

HaPe
    does the "Weather Window" also works in Germany? Can I create a list of locations?
    i know this is a long shot, but i wanted to ask anyway. now with the recent events of the pre being able to have animated wallpapers, top bars, ect ect, is there anyway there could be a theme for this app that allows for animated weather visuals such as the Touch Pro2 and HD2?

i know it probably isn't possible since this app only changes the wallpaper and since its an official app isn't able to use home brew solutions built into the app.

i know this is a long shot, but i wanted to ask anyway. now with the recent events of the pre being able to have animated wallpapers, top bars, ect ect, is there anyway there could be a theme for this app that allows for animated weather visuals such as the Touch Pro2 and HD2?

i know it probably isn't possible since this app only changes the wallpaper and since its an official app isn't able to use home brew solutions built into the app.

Getting the developer to do ANYTHING for this app is a longshot, he hasn't touched it in 6+ months! He said he had new themes coming that never showed up. I emailed him months ago to ask when they were coming and he said they still were, this app has been neglected and lacks features that make it truly useful, I'd save your money if you haven't bought it yet.. I now use Weather icon, which does a 5 day forecast, updates on its own when you load the app, and its also free.
    i actually own this app, and love it. even with lack of updates.

the only really thing this app needs is themes themes themes.

i could care less about having to update when i get into the app. big deal. 1 finger, 1 button. done.

and personally, i have 4 weather apps on my phone. and they all have their own purpose.

weather windows for the backgrounds and bottom bar.
    wxrad for its radar maps
    weather channel for my daily stuff and sever weather alerts.
    and animated weather because it looks cool. lol.
    This app seems to hate Scotland. No matter where in Scotland I set it to, I will initially get a weather report, but then if I try to update it, it comes up with "Connection Issues" error message every single time without fail.

The strange thing is that if I set it to anywhere in England, or the US, or infact anywhere else in the world it works flawlessly!

Any ideas?!
    Aye, you're right there. I stopped using because of the "connection issues". TBO, at this time of year, you're pretty much guaranteed rain in Scotland so the problems no a biggy
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    Installed Weather Window yesterday, and I absolutely love it for the wallpaper alone! The artwork is incredible - trees, fields and fantasy are my favorite themes. It's a lot of fun how the backgrounds change too.

Not sure how often I should update, as I want to keep my data usage to under 200MB/per month.
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast