Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    working really good now, thanks!!!!

Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

#WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
  2.    #142  
    Very glad its working for everyone! Now to the business of getting lots and lots of themes made
    Hidden World Hut
    Adam Carolla Network - Listen to the ACE Network for free from anywhere!
    Glad Thats Not Me - Handily aggregates FML, TFLN, MLIA, and tons more content!
    Glad Thats Not Me Lite - GTNM Free!
    Gossip Fix - Easily view 10 of the most popular celebrity news sites today!
    Gossip Fix Lite - Gossip Fix Free!
    Weather Window - Your simplest solution for getting the weather on your Palm Pre or Pixi
    Weather Window Lite - Simply weather - for Free
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    one question....

I've seen in the past, what weather service does weather window use?

At 6:45am it shows 54, at same time I opened weather chanel app and it shows 59, so I decided to open my old weather app, weather dashboard(which I don't use anymore) and it also showed 59.

What would be the difference in temps? I refreshed each app and each app was updated correctly with the time....

Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

#WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
  4.    #144  
    Quote Originally Posted by imex99 View Post
    one question....

I've seen in the past, what weather service does weather window use?

At 6:45am it shows 54, at same time I opened weather chanel app and it shows 59, so I decided to open my old weather app, weather dashboard(which I don't use anymore) and it also showed 59.

What would be the difference in temps? I refreshed each app and each app was updated correctly with the time....
    We've definitely seen the discrepancy, We are using Google weather services, along with several other services for getting sunrise / city lookup.

Not sure what would cause it to be so different, besides perhaps updating the current conditions either slower or faster. Ive read that google uses weatherunderground for their information, but i dont know that it has been confirmed.
    Hidden World Hut
    Weather Window - Your simplest solution for getting the weather on your Palm Pre or Pixi
    Bought it last night. It is working great! Just wondering if you would be adding links to radar & satellite images, as well as NWS watches & warnings? A cool feature would be to incorporate the lunar cycles as well on the dashboard. Either way, well done!! I love it. Looking forward to more themes.
  6.    #146  
    Thank you very much for using! We are looking into adding severe weather alerts as standard, and I like the idea of lunar cycles as well.
    Help us out by writing a good review and spreading the word!
    Hidden World Hut
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Another idea to consider for a future release: including the day's high/low on the notification. There's enough room, I think, next to the "condition" (e.g., "Partly Cloudy") to put a small font "High: 87 Low: 35" (for example).

For that matter, why show the city? Move up the condition to the bigger font and use the small font area below it for High/Low and maybe other things that people are asking for.
  8.    #148  
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    Another idea to consider for a future release: including the day's high/low on the notification. There's enough room, I think, next to the "condition" (e.g., "Partly Cloudy") to put a small font "High: 87 Low: 35" (for example).

For that matter, why show the city? Move up the condition to the bigger font and use the small font area below it for High/Low and maybe other things that people are asking for.
    That is a great idea actually, and im going to see that this gets in the next release!
    Hidden World Hut
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    I downloaded this today. So far I like but I now have a theme request, A city Skyline. I know you have some in the works but was not sure if this is one of them. I am using the tree one now but I would much rather have an Urban setting. Just a thought.
    Last edited by mitsueks; 04/05/2010 at 07:32 PM.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mitsueks View Post
    I downloaded this today. So far I like but I down have a theme request, A city Skyline. I know yiou have some in the works but was not sure if this is one of them. I am using the tree one now but I would much rather have an Urban setting. Just a thought.
    Oooooh. I like this idea.
  11.    #151  
    Quote Originally Posted by mitsueks View Post
    I downloaded this today. So far I like but I now have a theme request, A city Skyline. I know yiou have some in the works but was not sure if this is one of them. I am using the tree one now but I would much rather have an Urban setting. Just a thought.
    Ah you've read my mind! That one is almost complete actually
    Hidden World Hut
    Another thing I thought of today - Would it be hard to add the forecasted wind speed & direction on the current weather window. Also the Icons at the bottom of the weather window screen are blocking the forecasted low temps. Can they be listed as "hi/low" instead of the high above the low? Thanks!

Edit(4/7): I figured out the reason the forecasted low temps are being blocked by the icons at the bottom of the screen. It is because I have the Weather Window dashboard on. When it is on it moves the icon up so they block the low temps on the bottom. When the dashboard is off everything reads fine. I will be having the Weather Window dashboard on 100% of the time, so the low temps will be blocked... - unless the hi/low format is used.

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing updates in 15 minute intervals due to the lag in the background keeping up with the icon on the dashboard. A Humidity % listing somewhere in the currnet weather window would be nice too.
    Last edited by BlueCrush; 04/09/2010 at 11:14 AM.
    I am seeing a problem with the weather on your app today. It has the right temperature, but it says it is Cloudy, when it has been raining all morning. The Weather Channel App show the same temperature, but shows it is raining. The forecast show rain, but current show cloudy. Is it a problem with the server or the weather service you are using? By the way, I am using the paid version which I love.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dfine1966 View Post
    I am seeing a problem with the weather on your app today. It has the right temperature, but it says it is Cloudy, when it has been raining all morning. The Weather Channel App show the same temperature, but shows it is raining. The forecast show rain, but current show cloudy. Is it a problem with the server or the weather service you are using? By the way, I am using the paid version which I love.
    I'm not sure if it's what I noticed, but last night, it was raining. My background showed cloudy, while the icon showed rain. I did a forced refresh, and could see the correct (night rain) graphic within the app. When I closed the app, the old daytime cloudy background was still there.

At some point in the following hour, it fixed itself.
    I'm not sure if it's what I noticed, but last night, it was raining. My background showed cloudy, while the icon showed rain. I did a forced refresh, and could see the correct (night rain) graphic within the app. When I closed the app, the old daytime cloudy background was still there.

At some point in the following hour, it fixed itself.
    No, my is a little different. My background and weather now both show cloudy, but it has been raining all morning. I hit refresh and everything. It downloaded fine from whatever server they are using. The information was wrong. I also have the the weather channel app, and it said the same temperature, but weather channel app had it right with it raining, but Weather Window had temp right and no rain. Now the rain has finally stopped it is now right, but all morning it said it didn't rain. But the funny thing, that in the forecast area for today it shows it is suppose to rain.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dfine1966 View Post
    No, my is a little different. My background and weather now both show cloudy, but it has been raining all morning. I hit refresh and everything. It downloaded fine from whatever server they are using. The information was wrong. I also have the the weather channel app, and it said the same temperature, but weather channel app had it right with it raining, but Weather Window had temp right and no rain. Now the rain has finally stopped it is now right, but all morning it said it didn't rain. But the funny thing, that in the forecast area for today it shows it is suppose to rain.
    Did you check Google to see what they're reporting? Go to google and type "weather <zipcode or city name>." It sounds, from what you're saying, that Google had the wrong information.

Upthread, the author of this app said he uses Google as his source.
    Did you check Google to see what they're reporting? Go to google and type "weather <zipcode or city name>." It sounds, from what you're saying, that Google had the wrong information.

Upthread, the author of this app said he uses Google as his source.
    You right, google had it wrong.
    For the past week weather window has had issues with updating the wallpaper. It is currently 9:48 am and raining. The wallpaper is showing a partly cloudy night scene. This is happening on a daily basis. Sometimes multiple times per day.

The dashboard is also not updating - still shows the moon w/clouds and 64 degrees. It is currently 46 degrees.

Opening the weather window is also showing all wrong info.

I'm going to leave it and see how long it takes for it to update.

10:36am - no update still shows nighttime on everything.
    11:40am - no update yet
    3:10pm - did a soft restart just to see if anything would happen & no change
    3:12pm - restarted weather window no change
    3:15pm - hit the weather window update icon and everything updated to the current weather

Not really understanding why the updates are not happening every 30 minutes as I have it set...
    Last edited by BlueCrush; 04/13/2010 at 03:23 PM.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Idea: Would it be possible to replace one of the buttons on the bottom of the current weather/3 day forecast screen with a button that takes you to weather radar? Imagine being able to set, in preferences, the website you'd like to use to view weather radar and the location. Then, you hit a button on the bottom and it takes you (presumably using a new card) to the predefined link or service to show you the radar for your location.

Some examples could be:
    1)http://mobile.weather.gov/radarhr.php?radar=ktlx
    2)Weather Underground (Mobile). It would be neat to be able to select from several radar choices in the preferences and/or set your own.

Since the first button doesn't do anything when on that current weather/3 day forecast page, that one seems like a logical choice for a radar button.
    Last edited by dump71; 04/13/2010 at 04:29 PM.
    Well, another day without any automatic updates. Everything stayed the same since last night. I just refreshed it myself to the current weather. I hope the next update addresses this, because I REALLY like this concept.
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast