Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    in the help section most of your concerns are addressed.

Nautilusx I will test location tomorrow with gps but I couldn't get a fix either.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    I'm finding that the temp does not update regularly. I have it set to 30 minutes.

For example, yesterday, temps ranged between mid-30's to 60. I looked at my notification and it said 38 degrees. Knowing that this wasn't right, I tapped the notification, pressed the refresh button in Weather Window, and it updated the temp to 58 degrees. It certainly did not change 20 degrees in 30 minutes.

I have it set to notify on update, although this tends to revert back to notify on change. (We've already conversed by e-mail about this being a known issue. Note that I did reset the prefs, but that didn't help.)

Thanks.
    GPS does not work for me at all. Maybe it times out too quickly? Any other app using GPS works. Knowng only half the themes worked wouldve been nice knowing before buying.
    yes me too. mine does not update as averitised either. wondering if it has to do with sleep mode or when screen dims i mean.
  5.    #125  
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    I'm finding that the temp does not update regularly. I have it set to 30 minutes.

For example, yesterday, temps ranged between mid-30's to 60. I looked at my notification and it said 38 degrees. Knowing that this wasn't right, I tapped the notification, pressed the refresh button in Weather Window, and it updated the temp to 58 degrees. It certainly did not change 20 degrees in 30 minutes.

I have it set to notify on update, although this tends to revert back to notify on change. (We've already conversed by e-mail about this being a known issue. Note that I did reset the prefs, but that didn't help.)

Thanks.
    It was set previously to only notify via update on a change in weather, not in temp, and was not storing the new temp properly.

I can do it either way, it prompts a notification if the temp changes, or it simply quietly changes the temp.

Ive submitted an update and it will notify you if the temp changes, we will see how users like this, and can go back if need be.

thank you for being patient!
    Hidden World Hut
    Adam Carolla Network - Listen to the ACE Network for free from anywhere!
    Glad Thats Not Me - Handily aggregates FML, TFLN, MLIA, and tons more content!
    Glad Thats Not Me Lite - GTNM Free!
    Gossip Fix - Easily view 10 of the most popular celebrity news sites today!
    Gossip Fix Lite - Gossip Fix Free!
    Weather Window - Your simplest solution for getting the weather on your Palm Pre or Pixi
    Weather Window Lite - Simply weather - for Free
  6.    #126  
    Quote Originally Posted by squeezy View Post
    GPS does not work for me at all. Maybe it times out too quickly? Any other app using GPS works. Knowng only half the themes worked wouldve been nice knowing before buying.
    The gps is definitely timing out before getting a proper fix. The update should fix that.

All the themes will support time based theming very soon
    Hidden World Hut
    Weather Window - Your simplest solution for getting the weather on your Palm Pre or Pixi
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nautilusx View Post
    It was set previously to only notify via update on a change in weather, not in temp, and was not storing the new temp properly.

I can do it either way, it prompts a notification if the temp changes, or it simply quietly changes the temp.

Ive submitted an update and it will notify you if the temp changes, we will see how users like this, and can go back if need be.

thank you for being patient!
    I'm not sure that I see the difference.

The way, I think, it should work is:

When the temp changes (i.e., on the schedule that the user set -- for me, that's 30 minutes):

(1) If there is no notification, put one up.

(2) If there is a notification, update it.

As well, if the temp hasn't changed, but there is no notification, put one up. That way, there is no more than x minutes (based on user's pref) between having notifications appear.
    please some more themes
    It's funny when I first installed this app, It would never change my background in the duration I had it set to (2 Hrs). But after a reboot of my phone, it worked great for two days. Now it's back to not updating weather conditions at any duration I have set. I'll reboot again but I wish I didn't have to do this.
    When will the update happen. I was about to purchase your app (loved the features), but heard that gps + other items weren't working. Once I hear it is working, I would love to purchase this. Living in New England, the weather changes quite often, and this app will make it simple to know what is going on. In the future if you could add a little more detail to the forecast (wind speed, barometer, serious weather conditions, morning, afternoon and evening conditions and now condition. Only need this information when open up weather, not in the dashboard. Thanks. Can't wait to purchase. By the way, which weather service are you using? How accurate is it?

Also more themes would be nice, plus and option for us to add our own pictures that we already have so we could match up for weather, day, night, etc(not sure if this is possible or even legal because of rights).
    Nautilusx, in this update that you submitted, will it include auto updating upon launching the app? Thats probably my biggest gripe is opening the app to get an instant update on the weather and having to then tap refresh button first cause it doesn't update upon launching and could still potentially be up to 2 hours old.
    Thanks
  12.    #132  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Nautilusx, in this update that you submitted, will it include auto updating upon launching the app? Thats probably my biggest gripe is opening the app to get an instant update on the weather and having to then tap refresh button first cause it doesn't update upon launching and could still potentially be up to 2 hours old.
    Thanks
    It does not auto update right then (because it causes a weird lagging). But, if you have a notification (dashboard) open, you can tap the temperature area to do a quick refresh!
    Hidden World Hut
  13.    #133  
    Here is the full changelog:

• Fixed issue with notifications not appearing when background changing is off
    • GPS now has 45 seconds to aquire location
    • Removed autoLocate because it does not fuction correctly in webOS 1.4 (will return at a later date)
    • If the update is going to take longer than 15 seconds, it will show a dashboard notifying user of update (1.4 problem)
    • If google services are off or does not find your city correctly, a second city lookup method is used
    • Overactive error handling is toned down
    • Weather forecast for current day is displayed as 'today' instead of day name
    • Alarm is set at beginning of update cycle, so if there is an error in updating, it will still have another scheduled update
    • Notification settings will no longer flip flop from 'onChange' to 'onUpdate'
    • If there is a problem updating, a notification will alert the user
    • Fixed issue of app not storing last update time properly
    • App will now notify user if there is a change in temperature as well as change in the weather (and notify is set to 'on change')
    • Tapping the temperature in a notification (dashboard) will refresh the weather right from there!
    • Gps will now use a stored location up to 15 minutes old if a valid signal cannot be found in the required time
    • Added night pictures to the 'Nature' theme!
    Hidden World Hut
    Any idea when the new version will be released? I assumed it would be right after 1.4.1.1 was released today. Will be purchasing when new version shows up.
    It's released.. I just updated to it 20 minutes ago in the App Catalog. but the Nature theme is not loading night pics as you mentioned Nautilusx. I have a perfectly blue sunny sky beach pic as my wallpaper no matter how many times I hit update and its an hour after sundown. Am I doing anything wrong?
    Went to update the software...download failed! Then I went to the app store to try and update from there...looked like it was working...downloaded fine (so I thought), then it told me it was installing....nothing was happening for 20 min! Rebooted my phone, then got a download failed with a yellow "!" sign on my Weather Window app and the app now won't launch. Decided to uninstall and re-download it from the app store. It disappeared from the app store! What the heck!?!
  17.    #137  
    Quote Originally Posted by cashdude1971 View Post
    Went to update the software...download failed! Then I went to the app store to try and update from there...looked like it was working...downloaded fine (so I thought), then it told me it was installing....nothing was happening for 20 min! Rebooted my phone, then got a download failed with a yellow "!" sign on my Weather Window app and the app now won't launch. Decided to uninstall and re-download it from the app store. It disappeared from the app store! What the heck!?!
    I think the app store is having some serious issues at the moment. I would recommend waiting until perhaps morning to do an update. They are up late tonight at palm and approved a huge number of apps and with the release of international paid apps things are a bit of a mess right now. Sorry for your issues but rest assured you should be able to update either later tonight or in the morning.
    Hidden World Hut
  18.    #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    It's released.. I just updated to it 20 minutes ago in the App Catalog. but the Nature theme is not loading night pics as you mentioned Nautilusx. I have a perfectly blue sunny sky beach pic as my wallpaper no matter how many times I hit update and its an hour after sundown. Am I doing anything wrong?
    hmmmm....are you sure its 0.9.9 the app catalog is having some very strange issues at the moment and seems to be seeding the old version to new downloads....
    Hidden World Hut
    Quote Originally Posted by nautilusx View Post
    hmmmm....are you sure its 0.9.9 the app catalog is having some very strange issues at the moment and seems to be seeding the old version to new downloads....
    Oh weird, guess thats what happened! Says .9.7 :P But it sure updated to it over itself..

Update: Updated fine this morning to .9.9. Thanks Nautilusx
    Last edited by volcom45; 04/01/2010 at 09:59 AM.
    I purchased your app. So far so good. Keep up the good work. More pictures would be nice though.
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast