Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1.    #101  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    actually the one you sent won't install
    hmmm....you didn't put it in as com.hiddenworldhut.weatherwindo right?

if so, it should be com.hiddenworldhut.weatherwindow

if that is not the case, ill send again
    Hidden World Hut
    Adam Carolla Network - Listen to the ACE Network for free from anywhere!
    Glad Thats Not Me - Handily aggregates FML, TFLN, MLIA, and tons more content!
    Glad Thats Not Me Lite - GTNM Free!
    Gossip Fix - Easily view 10 of the most popular celebrity news sites today!
    Gossip Fix Lite - Gossip Fix Free!
    Weather Window - Your simplest solution for getting the weather on your Palm Pre or Pixi
    Weather Window Lite - Simply weather - for Free
    i just placed the ipk in webos qi and hit install.
    See attachment for exact error message.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  4.    #104  
    Hey everyone, the full version should hit the catalog either later today or tomorrow!
    Hidden World Hut
    Weather Window - Your simplest solution for getting the weather on your Palm Pre or Pixi
    Hehe yep! Just got an update available that borked my current beta installation :P Look forward to buying it today!

Update: Cool, its now available in catalog. I'll be the 1st to buy it!
    Last edited by volcom45; 03/26/2010 at 03:25 PM.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Paid/full app out in the App Catalogue-- thanks, bought it
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    Glad to see the full app. Paid and downloaded.

I do notice that "fun icons" doesn't do anything. I get whatever I last chose.

I like the addition of being able to do notification on update, as opposed to only on weather change. The whole day can have the same weather, but the temps can vary can 10, 20, more degrees.
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Just bought the app, love it good sir....
    Hi Nautilusx,
    Just to clarify, is the version we just bought today out of the App Catalog including the addition of changing wallpapers at sunset and sunrise you mentioned not long back? Also, would be great to see an option for it to refresh/update itself everytime we launch the App. I'll find myself opening it up, then hitting refresh and then the temperature changes. Would be cool if it just changed automatically.
    Thanks man!
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    +1

Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

#WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
  11.    #111  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Hi Nautilusx,
    Just to clarify, is the version we just bought today out of the App Catalog including the addition of changing wallpapers at sunset and sunrise you mentioned not long back? Also, would be great to see an option for it to refresh/update itself everytime we launch the App. I'll find myself opening it up, then hitting refresh and then the temperature changes. Would be cool if it just changed automatically.
    Thanks man!
    Yes it is! no matter what your update frequency is, it will switch to night / day at sunset / sunrise (well it may be up to +5 minutes). As far as the temperature, that is interesting because when it updates in the background it should adjust the temperature even if it does not alert you, and when you open it up it should show the latest temp.

i will look into this and see if something is up, thanks for letting me know
    Hidden World Hut
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Are the notifications intended to disappear when you open the main app?

Btw, I love the splash screen
    really enjoying this app so farm great work! If possible, in the future could you look into adding a desert theme? I live in Tucson now and think that would be awesome!
  14.    #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by jason2851 View Post
    Are the notifications intended to disappear when you open the main app?

Btw, I love the splash screen
    yes, i had them go away when you tap them to see the forecast or whatever the reason may be. It should not go away when you re-launch the program, and if that is what is happening i'll certainly look into it.

if you'd like to keep the dashboard there just hit the dashboard button on the bottom nav to get it back (3rd button from right)
    Hidden World Hut
  15.    #115  
    Quote Originally Posted by Monsterj3033 View Post
    really enjoying this app so farm great work! If possible, in the future could you look into adding a desert theme? I live in Tucson now and think that would be awesome!
    Thats a great idea! do you have anything in mind? Drawn, photos?
    Hidden World Hut
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nautilusx View Post
    It should not go away when you re-launch the program, and if that is what is happening i'll certainly look into it.
    )
    Opening the app itself from the launcher (not tapping on the notification) closes the notification from the notification bar.
    So far a great app. To the developer: A few observations:

1. The 30 minute update does not always work. I turn on the phone and find the last update several hours ago. I will test the 1 hour next. I would like to see a 15 minute update.

2. I had a feature on my old Droid before I bought the Pre. It was a background that changed every hour, showing the sun actually where it should be on the horizon. I would like to see a tree, mountain, or nature theme that has more changing backgrounds to represent where the sun is on the horizon (during sunny periods of course).

3. Perhaps an option for a notification sound?

Other then that, clean, professional, polished looking app.
  18.    #118  
    Quote Originally Posted by chris073 View Post
    So far a great app. To the developer: A few observations:

1. The 30 minute update does not always work. I turn on the phone and find the last update several hours ago. I will test the 1 hour next. I would like to see a 15 minute update.

2. I had a feature on my old Droid before I bought the Pre. It was a background that changed every hour, showing the sun actually where it should be on the horizon. I would like to see a tree, mountain, or nature theme that has more changing backgrounds to represent where the sun is on the horizon (during sunny periods of course).

3. Perhaps an option for a notification sound?

Other then that, clean, professional, polished looking app.
    first, thanks for using!

1) do you have autolocate on or are in an otherwise poor service area? when you do an update does the weather / temp change or does it stay the same? (there is a weird bug that it updates but does not update the time) i am thinking about adding a 15 minute update time and think that is a good idea

2) that is a fantastic idea, and i will certainly look into adding it!

3) that is also a feature that i am working on implementing
    Hidden World Hut
  19.    #119  
    Quote Originally Posted by jason2851 View Post
    Opening the app itself from the launcher (not tapping on the notification) closes the notification from the notification bar.
    thank you for letting me know, ill add it to the list of fixes.
    Hidden World Hut
    I am using a Verizon Palm Pre Plus. The notifications work and display the correct temperature. However, the GPS function does not work, I receive an error saying it cannot access a signal, other apps using location services (GPS enabled) work fine. The backgrounds for half of the themes do not display correctly either. For the most part they stay on sunny day, sometimes go to cloudy, that is was I noticed today from around noon until now. These themes work, Tree, Mountain, Classic, and Fun Icons.