Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    I'm looking around to try and find him a theme of a set of pics all taken at the same place but in all weather conditions, day/night, sunset, sunrise, etc. It's not easy, but I'll take my own pics if I have to. I think it'll be really appealing to give people the sort of window effect, that they are always looking out a window on their phone at the current conditions.. Congrats on the Lite version in the App Catalog Nautilusx!
  2.    #82  
    Quote Originally Posted by dump71 View Post
    volcom45, you are correct. The help topic in WW says that tree, mountain, classic, and fun icon themes switch night/day right now but not others. It also says support for other themes will come later
    Couldn't have said it better myself! Ive been scouring the internet for the night photos, and have come up empty handed as yet (using either my own photos, generous submissions from testers, purchased pictures, or creative commons attribution licensed photos)

I will, based on success, hire a few artists to create more day/night themes, as well as continue the search for night pictures to flesh out the rest of the themes! (it will happen i promise)

And thanks for the congrats everyone!
    Hidden World Hut
    Adam Carolla Network - Listen to the ACE Network for free from anywhere!
    Glad Thats Not Me - Handily aggregates FML, TFLN, MLIA, and tons more content!
    Glad Thats Not Me Lite - GTNM Free!
    Gossip Fix - Easily view 10 of the most popular celebrity news sites today!
    Gossip Fix Lite - Gossip Fix Free!
    Weather Window - Your simplest solution for getting the weather on your Palm Pre or Pixi
    Weather Window Lite - Simply weather - for Free
  3.    #83  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    I'm looking around to try and find him a theme of a set of pics all taken at the same place but in all weather conditions, day/night, sunset, sunrise, etc. It's not easy, but I'll take my own pics if I have to. I think it'll be really appealing to give people the sort of window effect, that they are always looking out a window on their phone at the current conditions.. Congrats on the Lite version in the App Catalog Nautilusx!
    Wow thank you so much! Thats awesome that you'd like to get it in there and i am seriously thankful that you like it enough to do that!

Ive been scouting around my area for places to take pictures of over the course of the day and with differing weather conditions......i dont live in a very picturesque area however unfortunately.

keep me updated!
    Hidden World Hut
    Weather Window - Your simplest solution for getting the weather on your Palm Pre or Pixi
    Quote Originally Posted by nautilusx View Post
    coming soon!!!

Weather window for palm's webos is your simplest solution for getting the weather on your palm pre or palm pixi. With weather window, the current conditions are displayed as a theme on the background of your device, enabling you to check the latest weather at any time without an open window or dashboard.

If you'd like a dashboard however you can have one too! You can have weather window alert you when the weather changes! Leave the notification open or toss it away, and it will notify you when the weather changes again. Check out the video for more details!

Check out the video at

hidden world hut - weather window

i want this!!!!

thank you mytether
    @nautlisx the background didn't change today but not sure whether is was due to bad network connection or what I monitor close tomorrow.
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Changed to the tree theme last night....It's 0944 and it still says it's dark... I had my PRE on the touchstone all night.... I just woke up and then hit the refresh button and it switched though!
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    I believe he has it set for you to do this manually as it would be a huge battery drain if it was always searching for location.
    I would like an option to let the app auto update your location....Maybe in the preferences you could put this option and in bold put a warning will drain battery at a faster rate!!! For me, I carry spare batteries and have a charger while at work so battery drain doesn't hurt me.

I travel a lot(locally) but still drive from area to area and my weather does change and so does the temperature and always going into the app can be a pain....

Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

#WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
  8.    #88  
    Quote Originally Posted by imex99 View Post
    Changed to the tree theme last night....It's 0944 and it still says it's dark... I had my PRE on the touchstone all night.... I just woke up and then hit the refresh button and it switched though!
    The newest release (the one thats going in the catalog hopefully) will do an update at sunrise and at sunset instead of waiting until the next scheduled update to change itself.
    Hidden World Hut
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Is it possible to have the notification for Weather Window open itself up on a reboot? I like it there and prefer not to open the app every time I have to reboot.

Don't think auto-update is working-- is it set for 30 minutes?

But I do love the app so far !
    The weather changed to raining without any prompting from me. The only bug I see is the sunrise sunset switch.
    I am a big fan of the youtube video for this app the devs did a great job. Great app.
    Global Posts
    623 Global Posts
    I've tried the Lite version and I like what I see. I was about to buy Weather Dashboard, but I think I'll hold off because this app does dashboard plus the background.

However, there's no forecast for the current day. While it's nice to see three days in the future, the most important thing is "what's the high/low for TODAY?" and "will it rain/snow/whatever TODAY?"

Any shot of getting this data added? If not, then I'm going to have to use another app just to get the information I most need (outside of the current temp), which kind of defeats the point.

Otherwise, great idea.

P.S. Any reason that the Lite app made it to the catalog, but the full version didn't? Given that the free app has a (broken) link to the catalog's entry for the pay version, I'd have expected them to be released the same day.
  13.    #93  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    The weather changed to raining without any prompting from me. The only bug I see is the sunrise sunset switch.
    Great to hear! (sent you an email regarding that specifically)
    Hidden World Hut
  14.    #94  
    Quote Originally Posted by squeff View Post
    I've tried the Lite version and I like what I see. I was about to buy Weather Dashboard, but I think I'll hold off because this app does dashboard plus the background.

However, there's no forecast for the current day. While it's nice to see three days in the future, the most important thing is "what's the high/low for TODAY?" and "will it rain/snow/whatever TODAY?"

Any shot of getting this data added? If not, then I'm going to have to use another app just to get the information I most need (outside of the current temp), which kind of defeats the point.

Otherwise, great idea.

P.S. Any reason that the Lite app made it to the catalog, but the full version didn't? Given that the free app has a (broken) link to the catalog's entry for the pay version, I'd have expected them to be released the same day.
    Thanks for the feedback!

the lite version shot in there somehow in like, 10 hours, and the paid one is still in limbo. Unfortunately there was a day/night cycle bug that i did not catch that was brought to my attention after i sent it in, so ive had to cancel it and will resubmit tonight.

the upshot of this is that it will now feature high/low and forecast for the current day! (the lite version will be updated to include this as well)
    Hidden World Hut
  15.    #95  
    Quote Originally Posted by jason2851 View Post
    Is it possible to have the notification for Weather Window open itself up on a reboot? I like it there and prefer not to open the app every time I have to reboot.

Don't think auto-update is working-- is it set for 30 minutes?

But I do love the app so far !
    there isnt a way to get the notification back immediately, but the auto update alarms should survive the reboot (meaning if you have it set to check every 30 minutes and reboot after 20, it will check the weather in 10(ish) minutes).

it will not give you a notification though until the weather changes.

im planning on modifying the notification option to be: off | on change | or on update (meaning every time it checks it will notify you)
    Hidden World Hut
    @nautilusx just got email.
    the upshot of this is that it will now feature high/low and forecast for the current day! (the lite version will be updated to include this as well)
    is this in the preference.
    Just read your message about a new version being pushed. Sent you an email today but wanted to make sure you knew that the word "Setting" in the main menu is misspelled with one t instead of two.
  18.    #98  
    no it will just be automatic, but actually is not in the one i sent (i am touching it up now)
    Hidden World Hut
    Oh ok regarding ddarylmpe no typos on the version I have.
    actually the one you sent won't install
    failed to download com.hiddenworldhut.weatherwindow Perhaps you need to run ipkd update?
    Last edited by mamouton; 03/25/2010 at 09:42 PM.