Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Using "Nature" theme...

Went to bed with dark waters & woke up with a sunny beach!! Working great so far.

Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

#WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by squeezy View Post
    When will this be in the App Store?
    Hopefully before the end of the month, but i want to make sure it works consistently with no errors!
  3.    #63  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Nautilusx great news it started snowing in Texas( imagine) and I didn't know it I picked up my phone and the background was white. I thought what the and looked at the notification and it said snowing so it changed all by itself. Great!!!
    Great to hear! It snows in texas?? That made me do a double take for sure.

the notifications doesn't have to be on for the app to make changes be correct?
    That is correct. (or should be)

Ok this morning it didn't change the background I will leave the notification icon in the dashboard all day to see if that makes a difference.
    It actually did not change the background for me either. See, what its doing is only calling the system wallpaper service (and dashboard/app) if something has actually changed. For some reason every once in a while when going from day to night (or visa versa) it skips the step. For the time being i may have it just call the system every time, changed time/weather or not.

thanks for all the info, i was out most the day yesterday sorry i didnt get back to you sooner.
  4.    #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    Since installing version 0.9.02, I have yet to get an automatic update in the notification area. I have to manually refresh if I want a weather update. Can I provide any information to help determine the problem?
    Ill send you the latest build, that had some strange issues when only notifications were set (and not bg changing). Thanks for letting me know there were problems and sorry for the delay in getting back to you.
  5.    #65  
    Sent out an updated beta, pm or Email me if you did not get it.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    anyway to put last refresh time/date somewhere..... maybe on refresh/3-day ,settings weatherscreen.

when i paid & used weather dashboard in small print on dashboard notification it would tell you. just curious bc we would be able to tell if refreshing/changing correctly when weather stays same on screen but changes outside....

Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

7.    #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by imex99 View Post
    anyway to put last refresh time/date somewhere..... maybe on refresh/3-day ,settings weatherscreen.

when i paid & used weather dashboard in small print on dashboard notification it would tell you. just curious bc we would be able to tell if refreshing/changing correctly when weather stays same on screen but changes outside....
    Thats a great idea, i tried for a bit to shoehorn either sunrise or sunset in there, but it looked a little cramped. ill see if i can squeeze that in there somewhere....or at the very least in the main window.
    Last edited by nautilusx; 03/22/2010 at 01:22 PM.
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Would love to jump on the beta bandwagon. Let me know!

Thanks
  9.    #69  
    I sent you the details!
    Hidden World Hut
    Adam Carolla Network - Listen to the ACE Network for free from anywhere!
    Glad Thats Not Me - Handily aggregates FML, TFLN, MLIA, and tons more content!
    Glad Thats Not Me Lite - GTNM Free!
    Gossip Fix - Easily view 10 of the most popular celebrity news sites today!
    Gossip Fix Lite - Gossip Fix Free!
    Weather Window - Your simplest solution for getting the weather on your Palm Pre or Pixi
    Weather Window Lite - Simply weather - for Free
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    when traveling from city to city w/ GPS on, should the city change automatically or do we have to do manually?

I drove through multiple cities and it never changed..
    Quote Originally Posted by imex99 View Post
    when traveling from city to city w/ GPS on, should the city change automatically or do we have to do manually?

I drove through multiple cities and it never changed..
    I believe he has it set for you to do this manually as it would be a huge battery drain if it was always searching for location.
  12.    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by nautilusx View Post
    Originally i had it check your GPS location every time it got the weather (if gps was on) this however kills battery so fast that its not worth it. on longer update intervals its better, but even at 2 hour updates its checking 12x a day (get gps, city lookup, lat lng sunrise time lookup) which is more of a drain than most people need because for the most part people stay put(ish).

Tapping get location will get the weather for your current location.

I could i suppose see the use for this sort of feature if you are on the move a lot. perhaps I will pop gps tracking back in there for those that want to use it.
    Would you think that would be a usefull feature in your case? It sounds like you travel a lot.
    ^^

Edit: Beat me to it!
    Hidden World Hut
    Weather Window - Your simplest solution for getting the weather on your Palm Pre or Pixi
    Hi Nautilusx, just for clarification, if we turn off the notifications feature, the wallpapers themselves should still be updating every 2 hours if thats what we have specified right? Loving the app so far!
  14.    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    Hi Nautilusx, just for clarification, if we turn off the notifications feature, the wallpapers themselves should still be updating every 2 hours if thats what we have specified right? Loving the app so far!
    That is correct. you can have both on, or either and it will update both or either at your selected interval.

thanks
    Hidden World Hut
    Well its over an hour after sundown here, completely dark and I loaded up the app, hit refresh, and its still showing a daylight sunny beach pic. Maybe the "Nature" theme doesn't have night pics?
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    volcom45, you are correct. The help topic in WW says that tree, mountain, classic, and fun icon themes switch night/day right now but not others. It also says support for other themes will come later
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dump71 View Post
    volcom45, you are correct. The help topic in WW says that tree, mountain, classic, and fun icon themes switch night/day right now but not others. It also says support for other themes will come later
    that's weird though... I've been using the "nature" theme since day one and it's been switching ever day... Now, tonight it's sunny & looks long a pond or late photo!!! it's 0013 right now in Ohio.

Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    or maybe it was just bc it's been stormy and i thought it was changing... i dunno!!!

Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    It is weird--I've seen nature and fields themes switch images, but that's different from the four listed. Those four retain their image but darken to show sunset and then lightening back up to show sunrise. I'm really looking forward to seeing how the nature and fields theme evolve--they're great.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Congrats nautilusx--Weather Window Lite is now in the App Catalog Excellent video too!
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast