Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I noticed I am running Weathernow and every hour a notification pos up letting me know the weather. Should weather window do the same or just if the weather changes?
    I have it set to only notify on a change in the weather.
    Well I just got the first weather change and now the background is cloudy. The background changed and I have a dashboard notification. One question I have is where do you get the gps coordiantes from the reason I ask is your program has me in Fort Worth but the Weather Now has me in Forest Hill which is correct.
  3.    #43  
    Well I just got the first weather change and now the background is cloudy. The background changed and I have a dashboard notification. One question I have is where do you get the gps coordiantes from the reason I ask is your program has me in Fort Worth but the Weather Now has me in Forest Hill which is correct.
    Good to hear it changed. The Gps coordinates are retrieved when you hit the get location button, then those locations are looked up on a city table. If you hit get location now does it still show the wrong city?
    yes it shows the wrong city, Forest Hill is right outside of Fort Worth though and if you look it up on the maps it shows Fort Worth sometimes and the other Forest Hill.
  5.    #45  
    Hmm... thats interesting. There are several levels of accuracy that the phones GPS allows for, it's possible that other application is using a more precise locator, or is using a more accurate lookup for the city.

Ill look into it. thanks!
    ok it changed once this afternoon to cloudy weather I am looking at my screen now and it is still showing daylight.
    This morning it didn't change I installed the one you sent me this morning and when the weather changed from raining to cloudy the program didn't change. I had it on 30 minutes. I like how you made the changes in the notification area though. I am rebooting to try another test.
    Nautilsx, The install went fine the weather changed briefly to icy conditions but the app didn't. Is there a way to add severe weather alerts that would overide the settings you have. Even with a refresh Weather window never showed the updated conditions.
    Last edited by mamouton; 03/20/2010 at 06:48 PM.
  9.    #49  
    Nautilsx, The install went fine the weather changed briefly to icy conditions but the app didn't. Is ther a way to add severe weather alerts that would overide the settings you have. Even with a refresh Weather window never showed the updated conditions.
    Alerts is something i am definitely looking into adding, and yes, they would override the settings one had.

Glad to hear the install went well!
    Since installing version 0.9.02, I have yet to get an automatic update in the notification area. I have to manually refresh if I want a weather update. Can I provide any information to help determine the problem?
    Nautilusx great news it started snowing in Texas( imagine) and I didn't know it I picked up my phone and the background was white. I thought what the and looked at the notification and it said snowing so it changed all by itself. Great!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Have you changed the preferences?
    I'd love to beta as well....looks AWESOME!!!!
    and I want to add that the background is changing with the time now. I think you have about got it. The am will be the next test. Just to be sure the notifications doesn't have to be on for the app to make changes be correct?
    @mamouton Yes, I've changed preferences. I have Set Background "off" and Notifications "on".
    he has an update he was online earlier can't tell now I am on my Pre. He will probably check in later.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mamouton; 03/20/2010 at 10:38 PM.
    I am testing another patch and saw the weather change from snowing to cloudy.
    Last edited by mamouton; 03/20/2010 at 11:41 PM.
    It is much more responsive. I did a reboot and noticed it had a background of snow so I thought something was wrong I went to look outside and it was snowing. Very accurate now.
    Last edited by mamouton; 03/21/2010 at 11:50 AM.
    When will this be in the App Store?
    Ok this morning it didn't change the background I will leave the notification icon in the dashboard all day to see if that makes a difference.
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast