Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nautilusx View Post
    changing the notification icon when the weather changes is not something i have done or had planned to do, i figured with the background changing it may be redundent. but if someone did not have background changing on, but they did have notifications on, i can certainly see that being a good idea. ill add that to the list of things to add.

i like the idea of a little pop up with explinations of the buttons.

would the prefs screen not go away because you hadn't yet aquired a location, or had you set a location and it still would not navagate away from it?

thanks for the feedback!!
    I didn't go away because I didn't realize I needed to close the card because app was running already. I kept swiping but it just minimized the card so I started hitting buttons at the bottom and still didn't see a background without the preferences. I decided to close the card and I was like duhh!
    The background switches fine. I notice there was no notifcation at all today I guess because the weather didn't change. Can you look at adding severe weather to the options and make that come through immediately. I have set my notification to every hour and will keep you posted haven't noticed any significant battery drain. Great concept.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    The background switches fine. I notice there was no notifcation at all today I guess because the weather didn't change. Can you look at adding severe weather to the options and make that come through immediately. I have set my notification to every hour and will keep you posted haven't noticed any significant battery drain. Great concept.
    Interesting there was no notifications, did the background change and it did not notify you? If the weather stayed the same all day it would not notify you (until it turned night) anyways. I am working on adding weather alerts that come through quickly.

battery should not be an issue, it opens, checks the weather, and closes itself.

thanks for the feedback
    I don't recall getting any notifications unless they show up and then go away.
    I'd love to help test this if you'd like any other testers! Watched the youtube vid and it looks awesome!
    This morning it didn't change my background back to the day. I had to do a manual refresh to get the correct background.
    What would be super cool is if all the pics that change based on weather or daylight or darkness were all of the exact same location. I saw a clip last year I believe of a full 365 day video progression shrunk into like 45 seconds and it was so neat to see the same location go through all 4 seasons and day and night, etc. Perhaps you could make an option available for this software so that we can apply our own pics to the various changes, like for example make a folder on our media drive (usb) and give us filenames to use like Snow.jpg, Rain.jpg, Night.jpg, Sunset.jpg, etc. etc. that could be amazing. Like I said, happy to help test and give plenty of feedback, send me a PM if your interested.
  8.    #28  
    This morning it didn't change my background back to the day. I had to do a manual refresh to get the correct background.
    Thanks for letting me know. This is an ongoing bug its having. I keep thinking its gone but then it pops back up. im going to impliment a new way of getting the sunrise and set that i think will be much quicker and will respond quicker. Thanks for the feedback.
    nautilusx it didn't update to the night background either today.
  10.    #30  
    nautilusx it didn't update to the night background either today.
    Which theme are you using. currently, only the tree, mountain, fun and classic icon sets have night themes. the others i am working on aquiring. Sorry i forgot to post that information before.

if you are using one of those themes, is the background of the app itself night themed (moon on top) or still day.
    I am using the tree theme. I figured I would stay with one theme to do the testing.
  12.    #32  
    I am using the tree theme. I figured I would stay with one theme to do the testing.
    ah, i was afraid to hear that. If you hit the refresh button (bottom most right button) in the app, will it change the background, or does it still not change?
    hitting the button changes the background.
    I noticed this morning that my location wasn't updating I have it set for every five minutes and the last time I looked at it was last night around 7:00pm and I was in another city. This morning at 5:17 am the city was still showinf where I was at last night. Should I increase the time interval and does the dashboard remain running.
    This looks great, I'd love to beta test if you still need help
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    signed up for beta if u still need some people.... near columbus, oh and currently using weather dashboard. would like to try new weather app.

Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

#WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
  17.    #37  
    I noticed this morning that my location wasn't updating I have it set for every five minutes and the last time I looked at it was last night around 7:00pm and I was in another city. This morning at 5:17 am the city was still showinf where I was at last night. Should I increase the time interval and does the dashboard remain running.
    Originally i had it check your GPS location every time it got the weather (if gps was on) this however kills battery so fast that its not worth it. on longer update intervals its better, but even at 2 hour updates its checking 12x a day (get gps, city lookup, lat lng sunrise time lookup) which is more of a drain than most people need because for the most part people stay put(ish).

Tapping get location will get the weather for your current location.

I could i suppose see the use for this sort of feature if you are on the move a lot. perhaps I will pop gps tracking back in there for those that want to use it.
    Would you think that would be a usefull feature in your case? It sounds like you travel a lot.
    That would be nice to have back in as an option. I just assumed since it was running in the background that when it checked it would check weather, gps etc. and make the necessary change. Let me know if there are specific tests you want me to run as a beta tester. I am loving the app and just want to say again it would be nice to have the backgrounds o fthe program transparent so that the user could use their own background. Also does the dashboard notification need to be showing for the program to make the changes? I hope am giving you useful information.
    I noticed I am running Weathernow and every hour a notification pos up letting me know the weather. Should weather window do the same or just if the weather changes?
  20.    #40  
    That would be nice to have back in as an option. I just assumed since it was running in the background that when it checked it would check weather, gps etc. and make the necessary change. Let me know if there are specific tests you want me to run as a beta tester. I am loving the app and just want to say again it would be nice to have the backgrounds o fthe program transparent so that the user could use their own background. Also does the dashboard notification need to be showing for the program to make the changes? I hope am giving you useful information.
    Its great info and thanks very much for using and helping! Just use as normal, and as things come up just let me know.

i agree about the backgrounds and it is something i am working on implementing.

and no, the notification does not need to be showing for the program to make the changes, you can keep it there, or toss it away. It will update either way.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast