Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Boxee App

Very slick!
    I had to reinstall boxee just to test this... works very well, virtually all the features I need... it doesnt have a functional progress scrubber, but I'm not entirely sure thats possible via the web interface
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
    OMFG!!!

I was considering getting an iPod touch just for this purpose.
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts

tee hee hee...
    could someone explain boxee please?
    Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hangman0000 View Post
    could someone explain boxee please?
    This app basically turns your Pre into a remote control for the boxxee media player.

Here's more info on the actual boxxe application. Boxee
    Quote Originally Posted by FuManChuu View Post
    I had to reinstall boxee just to test this... works very well, virtually all the features I need... it doesnt have a functional progress scrubber, but I'm not entirely sure thats possible via the web interface
    I built this app, the progress scrubber should be possible, it was more an issue of missing space but I'll reconsider this feature.

If there where other feature you where missing, let me know ...
    I'll be sure to let you know... I'll be playing with it a bunch in a couple days Either way, great program, and great art. Looks clean without looking overly metal/cheesy.
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
    Does anyone know if this supports input from the pre's keyboard?
    Quote Originally Posted by jurkz View Post
    Does anyone know if this supports input from the pre's keyboard?
    It should work. Just type when an input field is active.
    Quote Originally Posted by jibe View Post
    It should work. Just type when an input field is active.
    Thanks I will check it out when I get home in a few hours. I have been using another remote app from webos feed but it didn't support the keyboard. BTW the interface looks very nice and clean.
  12.    #12  
    Hey Jibe, I noticed when you change the volume with the volume scrubber and try to put back at the max level, it actually doesn't max it out in boxee.

A suggestion for the progress scrubber: Maybe you can implement it in a way similar to the music app in WebOS i.e. when you tap that area, it comes up, and disappears afterwards.

Anyway, good job on the app, very useful in it's current state.
    Quote Originally Posted by relic419 View Post
    Hey Jibe, I noticed when you change the volume with the volume scrubber and try to put back at the max level, it actually doesn't max it out in boxee.

A suggestion for the progress scrubber: Maybe you can implement it in a way similar to the music app in WebOS i.e. when you tap that area, it comes up, and disappears afterwards.

Anyway, good job on the app, very useful in it's current state.
    Thanks for the hint, I will fix this in the next version.

Thats a good idea for the progress bar, now I just have to find the time to implement it
    Are you planning to charge for the full version?
    Quote Originally Posted by blakeb View Post
    Are you planning to charge for the full version?
    Nope, will be free.
    I must be missing something. I have boxee but I'm a complete n00b, i've literally just started tinkering with it in the last couple of days. Is the boxee box required for this app to work or can I use it with my PC connected to my tv?
    Quote Originally Posted by xome1983 View Post
    I must be missing something. I have boxee but I'm a complete n00b, i've literally just started tinkering with it in the last couple of days. Is the boxee box required for this app to work or can I use it with my PC connected to my tv?
    You can use the app with any boxee installation. Here is what you need to do:

1. Take a look at the boxee settings (Settings / Network / Servers), "Enable webserver" must be checked
    2. Get the ip address from your computer
    3. Take a loook at your firewall settings, port 8800 has to be open
    4. On your phone enter the ip address and the port, swipe back and start controlling boxee

Hopefuly that helped ...
  18.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by xome1983 View Post
    All you need is the Boxee software installed and running, the Boxee box isn't even out yet. All you do is enable web server in the Settings → Network → Server. After this, input the server address (local IP) of your HTPC and the port (default is 8800 I believe, also found in the server setting in Boxee) into the Boxee remote app. The app should start working after this.

Edit: I guess Jibe beat me to it.
    Last edited by relic419; 03/14/2010 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Already answered
    Great work, haven't had time to fully test but looking like all the essential features i wanted are there.

Is it possible to add setting secondary devices in the preferences? I have 2 boxee boxes (living room and bedroom) accessing content off of shared storage. This means going in and changing the ip when moving room. Not a major hassle but would be nice to have a quick way to change profile.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast