Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TkBall View Post
    Great work, haven't had time to fully test but looking like all the essential features i wanted are there.

Is it possible to add setting secondary devices in the preferences? I have 2 boxee boxes (living room and bedroom) accessing content off of shared storage. This means going in and changing the ip when moving room. Not a major hassle but would be nice to have a quick way to change profile.
    This is a feature I thought about. But I wanted to wait till I find a way to use boxee's auto discover feature. This would make things much easier. But at the moment I have no idea how to receive and send udp packages, which is needed for this feature. Maybe somebody can help me out with this? I think I have to learn some pdk stuff to get this done.
    Wish I could help. Not something I know anything about.
    I installed boxee on my desktop and the app for my Pre but I can't get it to work. I opened my 8800 port up. Will there be a way to view the content on the Pre we are looking at on the desktop?
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I installed boxee on my desktop and the app for my Pre but I can't get it to work. I opened my 8800 port up. Will there be a way to view the content on the Pre we are looking at on the desktop?
    Can you give me some more information? So maybe I can help you with your problem.

What do you meen by viewing whats on the desktop? Boxee Remote is just a remote control for boxee, so you don't need to use a special hardware remote for that.
    I was really debating whether to get Boxee Box or Popbox when they come out, and this might actually convince me to get Boxee Box if the app works with it. The big question now is if Boxee Box will be able to handle HD content as well as Popbox and WD TV Live. I'll be replacing my WD TV Live regardless in a few months.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Wow that was a quick and easy setup...worked for me the first time. There was some lag going on but could be poor wireless signal (in a basement) or torrenting which I am currently doing. For a beta app though this is real nice...thanks Jibe.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    I was really debating whether to get Boxee Box or Popbox when they come out, and this might actually convince me to get Boxee Box if the app works with it. The big question now is if Boxee Box will be able to handle HD content as well as Popbox and WD TV Live. I'll be replacing my WD TV Live regardless in a few months.
    The Boxee Box runs on Tegra 2, which from my understanding is very capable of handling HD content. Alternatively you can get an Atom + ION media center which works flawlessly.
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    Stupid question here. How do I get this software for the Pre? When I visit the link, it asks me the type in my mobile #, which I do...but nothing ever arrives. Am I missing something? Is there a direct link URL that I can use to install this via WebOSQUIckInstall?
    Doesn't seem to work with Boxee running on an appleTV.

if I get it to work I'll will edit my post.
    Quote Originally Posted by mapenn View Post
    Stupid question here. How do I get this software for the Pre? When I visit the link, it asks me the type in my mobile #, which I do...but nothing ever arrives. Am I missing something? Is there a direct link URL that I can use to install this via WebOSQUIckInstall?
    The easiest way is to go to slansky.net/boxee at your phone and press the install button at the bottom of the page.
    Will you be able to pull the aggrigated TV Shows, Movies, and Music databases at some point, right now all I can do is browse my shares.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    Will you be able to pull the aggrigated TV Shows, Movies, and Music databases at some point, right now all I can do is browse my shares.
    Your right it would make much more sense, but at the moment boxee's api doesn't support this. I hope the boxee guys make some changes one day.
    Quote Originally Posted by jibe View Post
    Your right it would make much more sense, but at the moment boxee's api doesn't support this. I hope the boxee guys make some changes one day.
    Thanks for the quick reply if the that part of the API gets implemented this would be perfection. Miles better than browsing with a remote. I will try bugging some devs on twitter. Is there a request for this on GetSatisfaction and the forums?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply if the that part of the API gets implemented this would be perfection. Miles better than browsing with a remote. I will try bugging some devs on twitter. Is there a request for this on GetSatisfaction and the forums?
    I don't know, but I can ask a boxee developer if the feature is planned.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I tried setting this up but couldn't get this to work. When I input the ip address do I use the IP address of the pc on my home wifi network or do I use the IP address from my ISP that my wifi router is using.

I tried using the ISP ip address and I double checked that the port was open. It hit me when I got to work today that maybe its is the other ip address I need to use. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by birchasr View Post
    I tried setting this up but couldn't get this to work. When I input the ip address do I use the IP address of the pc on my home wifi network or do I use the IP address from my ISP that my wifi router is using.

I tried using the ISP ip address and I double checked that the port was open. It hit me when I got to work today that maybe its is the other ip address I need to use. Thanks.
    You need to use the internal ip address of your computer. The remote only works when your phone is logged in to your wifi home network.
    I have the same problem too. I have the firewall open at PC attached to tv, but remote does not want to see the IP. Could it be a firewall setting on router? PC is attached to network through a hub.
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    I am also having a problem getting this to connect to my boxee program. I have installed it on my windows XP pc that is connected to my wireless router. Then I opened boxee made sure that the webserver option was checked, got the IP from the settings page. I then opened the IP in windows firewall.

I put all the info in the box remote and pressed buttons and nothing happened. I then turned OFF my firewall to test that and still no luck.

I have confirmed that boxee's server is running by telneting to it from a different computer on the same wireless network.

I have even tried installing boxee on my mac laptop with the same results. I would love some help getting it to work cause it looks like an awesome program and would be great for laying out the couch!
    Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    Ok, just downloaded the terminal program from preware. and I can not telnet from the pre to the web server on boxee? any ideas?
    Have you checked to make sure your phone is connected to the same wireless network as your computer with boxee? The other thing is if that is so you might want to check your router and make sure what ever port you are using is open.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast