Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. Freshyz's Avatar
    Posts
    905 Posts
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
       #1  
    Yet another Pandora update has hit us and I am just curious if anyone has taken the plunge on this?

    My main concerns are:
    1. Did the update break the 'headset advance vibrate' patch with the headphone toggle?
    2. Did anything change with having the 'Pandora ad fix' patch?

    I use option #1 daily as I walk and don't want to even update if this doesn't work anymore.
    Also, if there are any other noticeable changes please post here.

    Thanks in advance for any input.. .



    *EDIT*
    From what I'm seeing in Palm's app version of reviews is that those that had issues with Pandora not working after 1.4 that now it seems to be working fine. This may be the only real change but updates no matter how small usually break the patches.. .
    Last edited by Freshyz; 03/13/2010 at 02:21 AM.
  2. #2  
    I downloaded the new Pandora yesterday without any problem. Didn't see any obvious differences. I tried installing the 'headset advance vibrate' patch through Preware and it seems to work fine. I haven't used it before, but a single press pauses the playback, and a double press skips the current song (with a vibrate) ... is that what it did before?

    I didn't see the 'ad fix' patch in Preware so couldn't try that. As you mentioned, I suspect this is mostly an update for the streaming audio problems some folks have seen in 1.4. Hope that helps.
  3. Freshyz's Avatar
    Posts
    905 Posts
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by davis.rob View Post
    I downloaded the new Pandora yesterday without any problem. Didn't see any obvious differences. I tried installing the 'headset advance vibrate' patch through Preware and it seems to work fine. I haven't used it before, but a single press pauses the playback, and a double press skips the current song (with a vibrate) ... is that what it did before?

    I didn't see the 'ad fix' patch in Preware so couldn't try that. As you mentioned, I suspect this is mostly an update for the streaming audio problems some folks have seen in 1.4. Hope that helps.
    Yup. That's the correct function of the toggle button with the patch. Pause/Skip+vib

    The 'ad fix' gets rid of the pop-up ad box that blocks the time line bar. (annoying) However I just noticed that I had it installed but it is only a place marker and not currently available for 1.4 but there is no ad displayed on my Pandora. Ah well...

    Updating now thankz ya


    *EDIT*
    I just realized as of 1.4 (99% sure) that when you get a calendar alert while streaming Pandora it fades out the music while the alert comes through but will not fade back in until you dismiss or snooze the calendar.
    I love how the music flows back in when I get a text or let a call get missed and it fades back in flawlessly.. . (my iPhone friends are quite jealous of this feature )
    Last edited by Freshyz; 03/14/2010 at 03:33 PM.
  4. #4  
    Yeah, the patch still works, provided you remove it before updating Pandora, and then reapply it after updating.

    I emailed Pandora a second time, asking them if they ever planned to fix the headset button functionality that they broke a while back (claiming to be using a new API Palm told them to use, that hasn't shown up, 3 OS updates later) and no response yet. It'd be ridiculously simple for them to fix, all the patch does (besides adding vibrate) is put their old code in the file in place of the new code.

    No response yet, but maybe they'll fix it in 1.0.3.
  5. Freshyz's Avatar
    Posts
    905 Posts
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
       #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Yeah, the patch still works, provided you remove it before updating Pandora, and then reapply it after updating.
    Oh ****!
    I didn't do that and just updated as is and I temporarily misplaced my stock headphones to test it out. Hopefully I can still uninstall/re-install and use this function.

    Please report back if you hear back from Pandora. They are usually pretty good about getting back and very thorough and respectful with inquiries in my experience.

    (I just wish they would include an description with each update as to what they change...)
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    Oh ****!
    I didn't do that and just updated as is and I temporarily misplaced my stock headphones to test it out. Hopefully I can still uninstall/re-install and use this function.

    Please report back if you hear back from Pandora. They are usually pretty good about getting back and very thorough and respectful with inquiries in my experience.

    (I just wish they would include an description with each update as to what they change...)
    Well, when you update Pandora, it overwrites the modified file. I believe you should be able to remove the patch in Preware even after updating, and then reapply it, but didn't want to say that because I don't know for sure. To be safe though, I'd remove the patch, delete Pandora, and then reinstall Pandora and then apply the patch.

    Again, I think it should work if you just remove the patch and then apply the patch, but I don't know for sure if the 1.0.1 version of the file is identical to the 1.0.2 version. When you remove the patch, it'll revert to the 1.0.1 version of that one file, because that's what the backup is based on. You could successfully then apply the patch again, but you'd still have a 1.0.1 version of the file. The only way to be sure you have any changes that may or may not have come in the 1.0.2 version would be to just delete Pandora, then reinstall it. And since there's only the one setting to modify once you've logged in (the "Higher Quality Audio" one), it shouldn't be too much of a convenience to do it that way.
  7. Freshyz's Avatar
    Posts
    905 Posts
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
       #7  
    Okay I found my headphones..
    You were right in that un/re-installing the patch did not work. Got an error.
    Deleted then reinstalled Pandora. (weird thing was it was placed at the bottom of my first launcher page like normal, then when it finished installing it jumped up to my usual spot that I like to keep the icon..? Cool enough. It also defaults back to lower quality audio.)
    I went back and reinstalled the patch and everything is back to functioning.

    FYI, when you created a non-vibrating version it never did work for me via QI. I'm cool with the vibe version now though. Just wanted to let ya know that.
  8. Honis's Avatar
    Posts
    508 Posts
    Global Posts
    511 Global Posts
    #8  
    I was hopeing this patch would make it less of a hog. Pandora is my favorite streaming music app but when trying to mutitask while listening I get huge slow downs. maybe in the next update :/
    I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.
    Device history: *free feature Phone*x3 -> LG Rumor -> Palm Pre -> HTC Arrive (3days) -> Samsung Nexus S 4G (28 days) -> Samsung Galaxy S II Sprint Epic 4G Touch -> Palm Pre -> Pre 3

Posting Permissions