1.    #1  
    Just released on the Beta Feed --

Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.

On the heels of the release of Facebook 1.1, comes the first Facebook Beta application with some cool new features such as Facebook video support – play Facebook videos in your stream, Shortcut keys – jump to sections by holding down the SYM key and : N = news stream, P = photos, S = search, I = inbox, U = your profile, E = events;Facebook comments stand out colored Facebook blue and access updates and joining messages and Sent mail, along with a bunch of bug fixes and enhanced error messages.
    Is that a notifications section in the inbox? I can't tell, because it's empty right now, but it appears to be, which is awesome.
    I don't think so. I had 6 and none showed up in the app.
    Hmm.. weird. maybe it's friend requests then?

(And just to clarify, I'm referring to the middle button between inbox and sent mail.)
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    its sweet plays all the facebook videos!! now they just need a video link at the buttom too
    Yeah... I never have requests so I couldn't say. But mine is void of the notifications showing up in my browser.
  7.    #7  
    That 2nd icon is the "Updates" option. if you go to facebook, click on the "Messages" on the top left of the news feed, you then see an option for "updates" and "sent". So, they just added those 2 sections to the app.
    I think it is for messages marked important or urgent. I had 1 that was a Facebook announcement from October.

The beta download counter must not work, because I know I am not the first to download this beta.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post

The beta download counter must not work, because I know I am not the first to download this beta.
    The counters dont get updates immediately. I have seen that with other apps too...it must be on a refresh schedule!
    I think they're working on integrating notifications into the OS, not just the app.
    Quote Originally Posted by Audemars02 View Post
    That 2nd icon is the "Updates" option. if you go to facebook, click on the "Messages" on the top left of the news feed, you then see an option for "updates" and "sent". So, they just added those 2 sections to the app.
    Well that's dumb, I wish it was one of my two guesses.
    Global Posts
    171 Global Posts
    that would be awesome if a little blue FB popped up in the notification area
    On the website it says to put in your phone number to have a it sent to you via SMS, but it's not working for me. It says a SMS has been sent, but I haven't received anything.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaHui623 View Post
    I think they're working on integrating notifications into the OS, not just the app.
    What makes you think this?
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    it would make sense if they did that
    In the updates section I have a
    bunch of updates from someone
    I don't know. Weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by StevenX View Post
    Facebook in your Palm; Fun building the new Facebook app on Dion Almaer's Blog

Specifically the paragraph:
    "There are some other really fun features that revolve around webOS notifications and giving you a great way to “never miss a thing” (life moves fast you know and choosing what content matters to you."

Notice he said webOS notifications.

"And, finally, we have to work out what makes sense in an app, and what could be baked into the platform."
    I just recorded a video on my computer and sent it via a message. I checked to see if I could watch it on my phone...but still it didn't show up. Any one know the reasoning?