1.    #1  
    How are these 2 apps alike / different?

Have Stitcher, don't really use it that much. Might consider buying drPodder if it's really a lot better.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    I believe DrPodder is the only one that allows you to download podcasts. The other stream. I like letting it download the podcasts over WiFi at home and them play with less battery usage, because no EVDO streaming.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    yes the main advantage of drpodder is the ability to download the podcast and listen to them whenever and the option of streaming them as well.

as the previuos poster said, it's such a battery saver to download them over wifi and then listen to them later.
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    also, drPodder automatically bookmarks your last position in the podcast. I don't think any of the streaming services do that
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
  5.    #5  
    Does it give you access to a better selection of podcasts?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    You can add any podcast you want to drPodder as long as you know the subscription RSS feed. It also has a podcast search function. And finally you don't need to download the podcast first (although I do it at home using the fast Wi-Fi). You can also stream it. So in a sense it's like Stitcher plus additional useful functions.
    Stitcher is updated today. It now has a "resume" feature.
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    Don't forget about Mediafly. I like the fact that it stores your podacast online. If you replace or wipe your Pre you don't lose anything.
    Stitcher and Dr podder are both great! Both load fast, stream, and resume where you left off.

Stitcher.com takes podcasts an makes them lower quality and smaller size so you can stream even with 1x data almost instantly. But some obscure podcasts might not be available. It's great but the data connection drains the battery fast.

Dr. Podder has streaming but uses the original larger file. You can search for a podcast or add the Rss feed. Dr podder is great because it can download multiple podcasts at the same time (i do in the morning before commute) to be played later.

I use both. Dr podder is worth the money if you want to download the podcasts.
    Last edited by IcerC; 03/12/2010 at 12:11 AM.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html