Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by Sk3lleton View Post
    I found the problem! A file in /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.duke3d named "start" is missing a file extension. If we had that extension the app could run!
    That's Linux, files don't need extensions to be runable. What "start" does, I have described some posts above. the game itself runs in /media/internal/Duke3D, not in the app directory in cryptfs.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    when i close the terminal the game closes too
    Quote Originally Posted by ferchope View Post
    when i close the terminal the game closes too
    did you read my previous post????
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    did you read my previous post????
    sorry I didnt .It works
    Also having the "Duke3D not starting" problem. The icon glows, then nothing. I'll try the terminal method to see if I can get it going from there, but that's cumbersome. A fix would be most awesome.
    Also having the "Duke3D not starting" problem. The icon glows, then nothing. I'll try the terminal method to see if I can get it going from there, but that's cumbersome. A fix would be most awesome.

Update: I had two issues: first, I already had a "Duke3D" folder in my /media/internal (USB disk), which had what must have been an old version of the duke3d executable. Also, the only image in the images/ folder was error.png, while there should have been more. My second issue is that the app doesn't launch from its launcher icon. I had to remove my "Duke3D" folder from the USB folder, open WebOS Quick Install, and run /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.duke3d/start from the linux commandline. It created the new Duke3D folder with the proper images and executable. Then, I copied my game files back in (DEFS.CON, DUKE3D.GRP, GAME.CON, USER.CON) and reran /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.duke3d/start . It started successfully then.

Given that, I do still have some lingering issues with sounds not playing, joystick overlays leave artifacts all over the HUD, etc. but I believe those are unrelated.

Update 2: It's going to be nice to play through Duke 3D before this comes out:
    yes, Duke3D needs an update and a conversion into an official app. Nothing I will do in the next week, but hopefully after it.
    Hello i got Duke3D to work on Web Os 1.4.5 . If you flow the steps you can also play it. Download Duke3D than run it, it wont run because of the bug in Web... 1.4.5, but it will create the folder Duke3D on the Pre. Then connect you Pre whit a Pc and copy the required files to the Duke3D folder.Then you have to open Terminal, if you dot have it download it. Type in The following commands Thanks for the commands (NuttyBunny)

Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    cd /media/internal/Duke3D
    nohup ./duke3d &

You should be able to close the terminal card afterwards :P
    Last edited by Filipxy; 02/20/2011 at 07:49 AM. Reason: Fix run
    Tomorrow starts the "I resurrect the Duke." week.
    "Hail to the king, baby!" Cant wait to play Dukem Nukem Forever !
    Last edited by Filipxy; 02/21/2011 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Fix
    bumpity .. any luck here?
    ok im like a totall noob but how do i access the terminal or w.e to put cd /media/internal/Duke3D
    nohup ./duke3d & .. or where do i put this to begin with >.< i am so lost .... and i read through all the posts but i still dunno /
    oh and also .. i visited the page with all the downloads... do i have to download all of em ?
    Quote Originally Posted by david_h_94 View Post
    oh and also .. i visited the page with all the downloads... do i have to download all of em ?
    i tried running the game from launcher but that doesnt do anything , doesnt even open a new card , and i checked but no duke3d folder was created ... idk what to do
    1. Go to Preware (I am assuming you already have this) and search "terminal" and install either Terminal, SDLTerminal, or Terminus.
    2. Go to your terminal app and (after installing Duke3D) put in:
    cd /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/org.webosinternals.duke3d

./start

It will open Duke3D and give you an error. THIS IS OK!!! You now have the Duke3D folder in your /media/internal directory.

Now you can move the files (that you downloaded from the links on this thread, yes you need ALL of them) and can run the app two ways:

1. By executing the "start" as previously mentioned (This is "the hard way").

2. By doing in terminal:
    cd /media/internal/duke3d
    nohup ./duke3d

When using the second way, it is not even necessary to leave duke3d (the regular app) installed.

That's all
    What Time will not heal, nothing will.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234