Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Just curious how many people are experiencing bugs or glitches with this program. I know that the map feature does not seem to work correctly for me, especially when I try to animate the radar. Its not a big deal and I am sure something is in the works.

The funniest part, and the reason why I decided to share this, is I went to the weatherbug forums for support or a possible timeline on a fix. I found it pretty funny how their developer or moderator responded to their app not working correctly with our long awaited update. I'll attach a screenshot of their forum's so you all get get a laugh too.

Is it just me or does this moderator seem pretty upset that we finally got our much anticipated app?
    Yeah, I should post about this. I, too, am having a problem with WeatherBug after the 1.4 update.

I open the app and look at the radar map. It looks fine until I zoom. At which point, it's just blank. If I zoom in and out, often an image will appear. Unfortunately, that doesn't always work. Also, doing nothing and waiting never results in an image being displayed.
    Yeah, same here. Zooming give me a blank screen and I get no animation at all, just a "loading images" notification that never loads the animation.
    New version 1.0.8 is out and radar is now fixed!
    yeah i email them last week he emailed me back today and said oh yeah the update is in the catalog now lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    yeah i email them last week he emailed me back today and said oh yeah the update is in the catalog now lol
    I emailed him earlier today...a few hours later he replied with the update notification.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    is there a changelog on weatherbug's for these updates? Just curious...and I loved his response lol
    it was nice of him to respond but like a week later lol thats just rude ha ha
    no report or changelog
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    The support response from WeatherBug Elite has proven to be stellar. The radar seems to work fine now.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Update out today. Animations are fixed.
    Is it normal for the WeatherBug Elite app to take a bit (10-20 seconds) to fix your location and populate the opening screen with weather data? Mine takes an oddly long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by omeyga View Post
    Is it normal for the WeatherBug Elite app to take a bit (10-20 seconds) to fix your location and populate the opening screen with weather data? Mine takes an oddly long time.
    Mine just took about 8-9 seconds. I think before webOS 1.4.0 update (where it broke Weatherbug) it was a little bit quicker.

It could be related to the Pre's GPS, which has been problematic at times.
    Another issue I've noticed since the Weatherbug 1.0.8 was released, the "zoom" function is no longer saved.

Previously, I would zoom in to the maximum level and Weatherbug would remember it the next time it launched. Currently it resets to default "zoom out" setting.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by omeyga View Post
    I have noticed this problem as well, but I am pretty sure it is the pre itself. However, since the latest update it seems to be working just fine.
    when the data updates (like after tapping the weather station name above the time stamp on the current conditions screen) my pre slows to a grinding hault when the EDVO data indicator lights up showing active data. when the current conditions are done updating, the phone is at its normal speed. Anyone have this happen?
    can any of you Weatherbug users tell me if the app caches the weather data so I can view already downloaded forecasts for my destinations if I open the app while on a plane with no active data connection?
    Quote Originally Posted by philpeeps View Post
    can any of you Weatherbug users tell me if the app caches the weather data so I can view already downloaded forecasts for my destinations if I open the app while on a plane with no active data connection?
    Nope, it doesn't cache data. :/
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    Nope, it doesn't cache data. :/
    argghhh...the search continues...