1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I'm looking for a good Compass app and from reading the reviews of the available compass app in Palm's App Catalog, it does not seem like any of them are good.

So what is the best among the group?

If not, how about what is available in Homebrew?

From what I read, the reason the compass apps don't work great is that you have to be moving for it to work?

Thanks for you opinions so I don't waste a ton of money.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

I like the one that is simply called compass,works great
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    There is NOT a compass in the Pre. All the apps are using GPS data to figure headings, and for those to work you have to have a change in position (coordinate position A to coordinate to position B). That is why you have to be moving.

If you're still, you will have no heading reference.
    I went to the PALM web page and looked up apps that come with Pre plus. One app shows a picture of a compass but I can't find it either on my NEW pre plus or where to download it. Was I looking at wrong phone?
    All of the "compass" apps on the Pre rely on the GPS... so unless you are moving - not gonna be very helpful...
    Geocaching for WebOS has a good compass built in... However, as has been said, the Pre doesn't have a compass, so all Apps that have one use GPS. So to get a good reading you have to have a good GPS signal and be moving long enough for it to get at least two points of reference.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    Geocaching for WebOS has a good compass built in... However, as has been said, the Pre doesn't have a compass, so all Apps that have one use GPS. So to get a good reading you have to have a good GPS signal and be moving long enough for it to get at least two points of reference.
    Totally agree!
    GPS Dashboard has a good compass. You have to be moving for it to work....
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)