1.    #1  
    As has been reported in other threads, fielCoaster apparently has stopped working under WebOS 1.4. The app starts to parse the catalog and then hangs.

Sadly the developer hasn't been around or active in helping users in the last several months.

Brian, the developer of fileCoaster last made a post on any topic nearly three months ago on Jan 13, 2010. Back In January Brian told a user to use the URL feature in fileCoaster to download an IPK file.

Since then there have been no posts by the developer and there have been no updates to fileCoaster since Nov 2009.

Brian did login in to the forum on March 1, 2010 to read messages so he is around, just not active in supporting or contacting users.

Given this, PreCentral,net should really pull the app from their site and let folks know the app stopped working under 1.4.

fileCoaster was a cool app. Brian should be thanked for opening the doors on Palm and Palm apps with this easy to use app. Hopefully, Brian will someday come back and give us a fix.

In the meantime, Preware seems to be the best solution for downloading apps outside of the Palm Catalog.

Cheers!

- Steve

Steve Pierce
    Ypsilanti, Michigan
    Last edited by stevepierce; 03/05/2010 at 04:01 PM.
    That's too bad, wondering if I should just delete it, or hang onto it in case it works again sometime.

Haven't tried using it since I upgraded my phone to 1.4
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  3.    #3  
    My suggestion would be to wait. It doesn't seem to cause any problems installed. It just won't run.

- Steve
    Thanks for the update...I hope everything is OK w/ Brian and I wish him the best regardless...I'll follow your suggestion and put the icon on my least used launcher page and hope for the best...thanks again!
    "I'll give you my Pre when you take it from my cold, dead hands!"
    I have noticed this too, no big deal, I just use Preware.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I always felt like FileCoaster, while very useful, was teh JV version of Preware. I deleted it as soon as I got Preware up and running on my phone. I love developers and competition, and I donated to FileCoaster back in the day, but Preware does so much more and they are so quick to update everything that it really makes FileCoaster obsolete. Did I spell that right?
    File Downloading with fileCoaster still works perfectly. I'm keeping it.
    I'm also keeping it for file downloading. Some foreign developers don't submit their apps to any homebrew feeds and just tell people to use webOS Quickinstall or FileCoaster. In that case, it's nice to install apps without a USB wire.
    Does anyone know if there is an upgrade to “fileCoaster” so it will run under 1.4?
    Bjarne Winkler
    ---------------------------------------------------
    ==> Pre: There's a patch for that!
    I'll hang on to it also, it was a nice quick app.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    1.4 broke the app because of palm adding the timeout variable. 1.4.1 fixes this issue and the app works in 1.4.1
    MyFlashlight - The Original Palm Pre Flashlight Application
    fileCoaster - The Original On Pre Application Installer

Donations are greatly appreciated and can be donated HERE!. Again thank you ALL for your continued support!

Follow us on Twitter @vertigoapps
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    1.4 broke the app because of palm adding the timeout variable. 1.4.1 fixes this issue and the app works in 1.4.1
    Cool!
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Worked fine for me just yesterday when I pulled SPB.
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
    +1 worked fine
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    True, it works now under 1.4.1, but did not under 1.4

However, according to the Palm update log, they only fixed the time out variable in 1.4.1.1, not 1.4.1. But this is the 2nd app I've now found working that was suffering from the time out problem, so I guess they did make a slight change in 1.4.1
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  16.    #16  
    Is the 1.4.1 update only on Sprint? I am VZW?