1. ldj
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Hi Guys, Im the author of Timewarp, a multi-zone clock application for WebOS.
    Since releasing to the app catalog I've had nothing but problems, with users reporting that the application doesn't load, doesn't update, doesn't change skins etc. etc.
    I tested the application on the emulator (1.2.0, 1.3.1, 1.3.5 and 1.4.0) for weeks and could never replicate *any* problems. I also tested it for a number of weeks on my own UK O2 pre, again without hitch.

When users continued to complain and rate the application poorly (it currently has an average rating of 1.4 in the app catalog ) I raised the issue with palm, who had their engineers take an extensive look at the application. After two weeks with the app, they concurred with me and couldn't reproduce any of the issues on any of their environments! I even took video of the app running () showing how it runs for me. Palm cannot understand what these users are complaining about.
    However, that doesn't help my situation. Basically as a developer I'm responsible for any issues and would love to get to the bottom of these problems. Likewise, I want more users to use the application and rate it accordingly, as its low rating has currently stagnated uptake on the application.

I therefore want to offer this application free to a number of precentral users, in exchange for an honest app review in the app catalog. I'm not trying to buy ratings - if you think its rubbish, rate it as so (although please raise any issues here with me first and give me an opportunity to respond). I just want to get some feedback on the app and hopefully get a more honest score in the app catalog.

If anyone's interested in receiving the application in IPK format, completely free, then please respond here. If you have the SDK installed, you can install it using palm-install, else you can go with WQI.

I hope this doesn't violate any T&C's with palm or precentral, but im really looking for some feedback and uptake on the app.

Thanks

myAppBox Apps For Palm Pre and Pixi : Timewarp
    Hey ldj...

We just gave your app a shot and downloaded it to review it for you...and unfortunately we also experienced similar issue as other people. I know that isn't what you were hoping to hear but can send you some screen shots if you want. email us at myappbox at webosschool.com if you have questions or would like a more indepth review.

O and thanks for the link to myAppBox.
    i would be glad to give it an honest review especially since I'm that one guy who never has the problems and all
    I would be happy to review it and detail any problems I may have.
    I can test it out for you.
    I will be happy to test and give feedback.

johncc at internode dot on dot net
  7. ldj
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    Sorry guys - didn't realise I had any replies to this thread as I never received email notifications of any kind!

johncc: I'll email you the .ipk file now if thats still OK? I submitted an update to palm this morning so I'll send you the latest version

kkumar99 & mamouton: can you let me know your email address and I'll send you the ipk file too
  8. ldj
    Global Posts
    264 Global Posts
    063_xobx: Thanks for that. If you want me to email you over the latest version (submitted to palm this morning), please post (or PM) me your email address.

webos_school: thanks for the feedback. Strange that you are having the issue too. I firmly believe there is something inherantly wrong with the cookie functionality on webos. Looking at the official palm forums (Forums webOS • View topic - Bug -- Cookies keep disappearing), it seems more and more people are experiencing similar issues. What makes it worse is that it runs PERFECTLY on my device and the palm engineers who investigated these problems.