Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I opened a support issue with MotionApps and got the following back:

"We have recreated this behavior and our developers are aware of this issue now. We will be addressing this as soon as possible and bring this feature back in Classic."

I have to say, MotionApps sets the standard for support and responsiveness among app vendors. I'm glad they were available and Palm chose them to make the emulator.
    Last edited by RJKinsman; 03/03/2010 at 09:26 AM.
    Classic seems to be working fine with WebOS 1.4. Only problem I've had so far is the Pre resetting after a successful Hotsync procedure.
    My Pre resets after a successful Hotsync procedure as well, but I haven't updated to 1.4 yet.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Mine resets after hotsyncs 99.9% of the time; before 1.4 and after.
    Quote Originally Posted by mwarren_us View Post
    USB sync still works between Motionapps' PalmOS Classic and the Palm Desktop on your PC
    Is this certain? Everything I've read, including the classic tech specs, indicates that only WiFi / Bluetooth are supported. Having just used Bluetooth to sync a Treo680 with a 64-bit win7 install, I'm not anxious to continue its use so USB support (even just 32-bit windows) would be great.
    Quote Originally Posted by toburg View Post
    Mine resets after hotsyncs 99.9% of the time; before 1.4 and after.
    I used to have the same problem, but I'm down to about 40% now.

Try changing the Conduit setup. You get to it via Hotsync/Menu.

I un-ticked all the conduits that I was not using. In my case I mainly use the PIM's, so I turned off everything else.

It helped for me and was a tip from another user on here
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post

I un-ticked all the conduits that I was not using. In my case I mainly use the PIM's, so I turned off everything else.

That sounds very similar to my experience. I've never had a problem with synchronization, be it device resets or Classic crash or anything else. But I only sync two conduits -- Turbopass (Chapura) and Documents To Go (Dataviz). My sync does back up a lot of other stuff that I use in Classic, though.
    I guess I'm lucky I don't need to hotsync (I just use USB device mode or SSH via WiFi to transfer backup files).

Stability is definitely improved for me under 1.4. I can now keep Classic open all (or most of) the time without resets, although occasionally I get the "too many cards" message.
    Hi guys,

the thread dealing with Classic after the update(s) became rather long and includes the posts from 1.3.1. So we're starting the new series of threads, to kind of link versions with dedicated threads.

Also it is a clean start from the issues previous updates caused for Classic, so from now on, we hope there will be only the good in these "updates threads".

Cheers!

MotionApps crew
    Follow us on Twitter

Hang out with us on Facebook

Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    I used to have the same problem, but I'm down to about 40% now.

I did that a long time ago. I even did a hard reset a while back. I'm only doing Date Book, Memos, Address Book & To Do list, everything else is unchecked. I don't have any "other" apps installed in Classic. I appreciate the tip though. I guess I'm back to what tech support told me to do, since I'm not losing data, just live with it Oh well. Thanks again.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    I have reduced (although not eliminated) the occurances of freezes/resets.
    I simply removed all pdb files that were residing on the "virtual card" and it seems to be much more stable. The odd thing is that I wasn't actually using any of those files, but just having them there seemed to cause some kind of disconnect that was causing the freeze/reset behavior.
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RoboCAD View Post
    I have reduced (although not eliminated) the occurances of freezes/resets.
    I simply removed all pdb files that were residing on the "virtual card" and it seems to be much more stable. The odd thing is that I wasn't actually using any of those files, but just having them there seemed to cause some kind of disconnect that was causing the freeze/reset behavior.
    I get some freeze/resets, will try removing the PDB files. I get this error while listening to audible using classic.

I hope classic will be updated soon(When possible) and be able to stream via bluetooth...

Update: Can't wait for this update, broke out the Ipod Touch and will be listening to my audiobooks with that in the car via my bluetooth speakerphone.
    Last edited by imex99; 03/06/2010 at 12:06 PM.

Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

#WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
    Occasionally, I get this message when opening classic:
    Update is Available
    A system update is available for download. Classic uses some advanced features of webOS platform that are available in newer webOS versions. to be able to use Classic on your device please download and install latest webOS update.
    Yes update now
    No, close Classic

If I click yes, it takes me to the system update app, where I learn I'm up to date. This has happened 3-4 times in the last week, any idea why Classic doesn't recognize I have the latest version?
    I just updated my Verizon Pre Plus to 1.4. Now the tap & hold gesture doesn't do the temporary switch to keyboard. I had gotten used to using that feature and prefer it to entering & exiting keyboard mode via the onscreen button on the left.
    Anyone else having this issue?
    @broncot: this is probably some temporary glitch. A report is rather unique, and if your Classic is at version 2.1.2, then it should “recognize” the latest version of webOS. Hope this is resolved soon.

@AlanK: confirmed issue with latest webOS version. We’ll be addressing this ASAP.
    Follow us on Twitter

Hang out with us on Facebook

Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    Occasionally, I get this message when opening classic:
    Update is Available
    A system update is available for download...
    I got this message, too, one time, and I haven't gotten it again. It was during a meeting, and I accidentally went past it without reading it. I was kind of excited, though, thinking it was the fix for the gesture-area problem (described by AlanK).
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by RJKinsman View Post
    I got this message, too, one time, and I haven't gotten it again.

Oh! I just got again! OK, now it's annoying, 'cause it doesn't do anything. It's an empty promise.
    I can't seem to find Classic in the app catalog or via the SMS link after having doctored my Sprint Pre to 1.4.0.

When I try to install Classic I get the following App Catalog error:

"This application cannot run on your current operating system. Use the Updates app to install the system update and try again."

Is there a way to "side load" an IPK or something?
    [QUOTE=Classic by MotionApps;2291312]@broncot: this is probably some temporary glitch. A report is rather unique, and if your Classic is at version 2.1.2, then it should “recognize” the latest version of webOS. Hope this is resolved soon.

It happened again, I am using 2.1.2
    I have seen the "update is available" message once since installing 1.4. When I clicked yes, no updates were found. I am running 2.1.2.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast