Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    ..not for nothin' but after having to replace my Pre twice in 1 month (frozen touchscreen x 2!!!), I re-installed Classic, after having "given up" many months ago.

It seems much more stable and robust, and the bluetooth wireless sync to Palm desktop worked well, (I'm still using my Centro as an Audible audiobook reader, well, because I have to, (...Audible sucks and won't come through with an app for the Pre...) So, I have a "clone" of my PalmOS Centro (complete with the webOS "skin", TealOS, which is a webOS UI "skin" for PalmOS) running as a card on my Pre. ....cool. Months ago, Classic would crash within mins of launching, and it would often bring down webOS with it. ;-( Now, Classic can be left open for days without issues, and will "auto launch" from closed, to sound reminder alarms/alerts from PalmOS apps, or to uipdate the weather app; 4Cast. (not certified, but runs well)

Now, I'll be the first to admit, I really don't really NEED to run Classic, but I DO like some of the simple, effective note, memo, utilities, games and other PalmOS apps that just aren't available on webOS yet.

So, thanks. Can't wait to see what's next.... bring on webOS 2.0
    I can't seem to get bluetooth hotsync to work anymore. It used to work. Wifi hotsync still works, but no matter what I try bluetooth hotsync is broken. Any suggestions? Do certain programs like hotspot or tethering programs interfere? Thanks!
    Hello,

is there a special place where Classic put the data of the Palm OS apps? I used AutoTotal3 with Classic. Now there is a native WebOS version and I'd like to import my data. There should be a database file of AutoTotal3 somewhere, but I don't know where to look.

Greetings, Jost
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesey View Post
    Every time I see a new comment about Classic, it shocks me.
    Well then, I guess you may as well prepare yourself to be shocked for some time to come, as palmos users switch to webos using classic to fill the many shortcomings of webos.
    If you do the math, there are still millions more palmos devices STILL in use compared to webos devices. All of these palmos users will need to switch to something as their hardware becomes obsolete.
    For many, like myself, I wouldn't have been able to consider using webos without some method of retaining palmos functionality.
  5.    #65  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jost View Post
    Hello,

is there a special place where Classic put the data of the Palm OS apps? I used AutoTotal3 with Classic. Now there is a native WebOS version and I'd like to import my data. There should be a database file of AutoTotal3 somewhere, but I don't know where to look.

Greetings, Jost
    Hi Jost,

Using Filez on Classic and Internalz on the webOS, you can easily move files between the two.

The files on "VirtualCard" in PalmOS are in /media/internal/ClassicApps

So all you have to do is bring up Filez, find your database and copy it to VirtualCard. Then bring up Internalz, and voila, you'll se your file in ClassicApps.

By the way, if you need to do this on your PC, you an find the Classic stuff that is on the card in your USB drive.

Good luck, please come back and post how it turns out!
    It worked! Thanks for the hint!

Greetings, Jost
  7.    #67  
    Cool! Glad to help.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234