Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I'm having issues with Documents to Go. It's been an intermittent issue, especially bad today. When editing a Word doc, my Pre locks up and is unresponsive. I can't go to card view, close the document, anything. I've had 2 full crashes of my Pre and had to reset it twice with Opt-Sym-R, the power button doesn't work either. The last time I got the message to check for updates.
    It's been over a week since the following 3 posts appeared (in 3 separate threads), and still MotionApps has not responded.
    Are you guys listening? Give some kind of response please!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AlanK View Post
    Any progress on the fix for temporary switch to keyboard?
    mostly, my alarms work. But if I don't hear the alarm, and don't turn on the screen, I won't know about it.
    Can you guys enhance Classic to use the wonderful WebOS notification system?
    When will you guys have copy-paste capability? This thread started in October - almost 6 months ago!
    Are you working on it? Run into a stumbling block?
    Communication is a good thing.
  3.    #43  
    I meant to post this before...

I tweaked MotionApps support on the temporary keyboard switch issue, and got the following response, on March 31st, the day before the 1.4.1 update:

"At this point we do not have any timeline of future Classic releases.

We're tied to Palm's release schedules and we hope to be able to release next version very soon."
    Seems awful quiet around here. I'm continuing to have this issue on a Certified app, causing my Pre to crash and losing any changes I made. I'm having a hard time recommending Classic to fellow Pre owners with a big bug like this going unanswered.

Quote Originally Posted by broncot View Post
    I'm having issues with Documents to Go. It's been an intermittent issue, especially bad today. When editing a Word doc, my Pre locks up and is unresponsive. I can't go to card view, close the document, anything. I've had 2 full crashes of my Pre and had to reset it twice with Opt-Sym-R, the power button doesn't work either. The last time I got the message to check for updates.
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts

Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

#WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
    can a mp3 music editor app be developed for webos? Alot of request has gone up for an app where you can select what part of a song you would want for ringtone.
    How do I upload palm OS applications into my web os emulator?

Thank you
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Just got Palm Pre Plus from AT&T running 1.4.2 of WebOS.
    Two apps would justify buying Classic:
    WWCalc
    KK-12C

Will these run under Classic on my AT&T Palm Pre?
    You can use the free trial period for Classic to find out.
    Abacus runs fine. It is an older HP12c emulation
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic by MotionApps View Post
    Confirmed bug. Sorry guys, we'll be taking care of that as soon as possible.
    Is this fixed in1.4.5?

Originally Posted by comptuter
    After DST this past Sunday all my appts in Classic are 1 hour ahead of schedule. The World Clock has the correct time but the local time which is the same time zone does not update. Using Palm Pre 1.4 and Classic 2.1.2
    My Treo 700p updated ok.

Confirmed bug. Sorry guys, we'll be taking care of that as soon as possible.
  12.    #52  
    @AlanK: confirmed issue with latest webOS version. Weíll be addressing this ASAP.
    Now that the webOS 1.4.5 is finally released in the US, is there a fix for the gesture area issue?
    comptuter, we still do not have confirmed if this bug in webOS has been resolved with webOS 1.4.5: http://www.precentral.net/webos-14-a...ings-time-bugs

RJKingsman, no Classic update is available at this time you need to wait a bit more until we can bring out new and improved Classic with this bug fixed
    Follow us on Twitter

Hang out with us on Facebook

Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    This bug exitsts since Mar, how long does it take to determine where the problem is and fix it?
  15.    #55  
    RJKinsman, no Classic update is available at this time you need to wait a bit more until we can bring out new and improved Classic with this bug fixed
    Wow, that's a bitter pill to swallow, and really hard to understand. Nevertheless, we wait, and wait, and wait.

Sorry, but I feel a rant, and I have to let it out, so here goes...

Obviously, your idea of "ASAP" is quite different from mine. I mean really, you said "ASAP" over five months ago. To me, it sounded like you had this fix tee'ed up and ready to go back in March, and you were just waiting on Palm to do their part. Every time anyone asked for a status update, you blamed Palm.

So we waited and waited for Palm. Finally they released the webOS 1.4.5 internationally last month. What were you doing when it came out a month ago? I believe it was available for developers before that. You're developers, aren't you? You have a special relationship with Palm, yes? Were you absent the day they handed out 1.4.5 to devs?

Now you tell me Classic isn't ready to go? Come on!

I work for a software company that has nearly every Fortune 500 company as a client. I can guarantee you if we treated our customers this way, we'd be out of business within a year.

Rant over.
    This has been the worst dissapointment and piece of sh#t that I have ever bought for my pre. This is from day1.
    HP should fire them. Period.
    My prog says "trial period has ended". I bought this *****.
    I dont care. Have moved on...
    Guys, we are aware of these issues, but they are tied to underlying implementation of webOS and we will be able to solve them as soon as Palm releases a new major update to webOS.

We didnít bring any updates with webOS 1.4.5 because we are working with Palm on new major webOS version and we have been strongly focused on this update which will bring many new features and improvements.

Bottomline, we can confirm that these issues are solved with the next webOS, but we cannot give any estimates about when will Palm release it. We are really sorry this is taking longer than expected.

Aviator, please contact our support team at support@motionapps.com. Iím sure they will be able to resolve this for you.
    Follow us on Twitter

Hang out with us on Facebook

Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog
    Every time I see a new comment about Classic, it shocks me. I realize that there were a lot of great things available on PalmOS; and I miss them too. But running an emulator of a dead platform on a next generation device is backwards thinking. I bought Classic, got upset like all of you, and finally gave up.

Even IF there's some greater version coming, the idea is still flawed. Instead of lining pockets of out of date developers, ALL emphasis should be going to finding a way to produce software designed to run on the modern OS. I don't know any iPhone users who run emulators of Macintosh's from the '90s.

Move on, let it go... There's too much available (including on other platforms) to be so insistent on keeping this old stuff alive.

In my opinion, anyway.
  19.    #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonesey View Post
    Every time I see a new comment about Classic, it shocks me. I realize that there were a lot of great things available on PalmOS; and I miss them too. But running an emulator of a dead platform on a next generation device is backwards thinking. I bought Classic, got upset like all of you, and finally gave up.

Even IF there's some greater version coming, the idea is still flawed. Instead of lining pockets of out of date developers, ALL emphasis should be going to finding a way to produce software designed to run on the modern OS. I don't know any iPhone users who run emulators of Macintosh's from the '90s.

Move on, let it go... There's too much available (including on other platforms) to be so insistent on keeping this old stuff alive.

In my opinion, anyway.
    Yes, just your opinion, well-stated, I might add, and this forum is a great place to express it, though I might suggest that this particular thread is not the best choice.
  20.    #60  
    Guys, we are aware of these issues, but they are tied to underlying implementation of webOS and we will be able to solve them as soon as Palm releases a new major update to webOS.

We didnít bring any updates with webOS 1.4.5 because we are working with Palm on new major webOS version and we have been strongly focused on this update which will bring many new features and improvements.

Bottomline, we can confirm that these issues are solved with the next webOS, but we cannot give any estimates about when will Palm release it. We are really sorry this is taking longer than expected.
    Thanks for your response, Motionapps. Your posts always seem to have a bit of a calming effect. As anyone in the business of customer service knows, one of the keys to keeping customers happy is to manage expectations. I for one, somehow got the expectation from your responses that the problems found in 1.4.1 would be fixed in the next webOS update, which, of course, was 1.4.5. So, of course, I was disappointed.

The other disappointment is in "we have been strongly focused on this update." As anyone in the software business knows, the System Development Lifecycle (SDLC) includes BOTH maintenance and support of current releases, which includes bug fixes, as well as development of new releases. You, together with you partners at Palm, seem to have completely neglected the maintenance aspect of the SDLC.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast