Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    We're waiting for insight into this from Palm. As soon as we have some info, we'll let you guys know.

Our support team now received several similar reports regarding Classic missing from the App Catalog, so this is no longer an isolated report.
    Follow us on Twitter

Hang out with us on Facebook

Stay Tuned with news and updates on our blog
    Hi guys,

We need some help from you to provide Palm with info needed to troubleshoot this issue:

- what search criteria you're using
    - which version of Classic you currently have installed (if any at all?)
    - confirm you’re updated to webOS 1.4

Thanks much, we’ll keep you posted.
    Follow us on Twitter

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I launched the "App Catalog", not the" Updates". I search for Classic and it finds 121 apps. I see it in the app catalog. I already have Classic installed (v2.1.2 ROM 2.7.00 Palm webOS 1.4.0) so I go no further. Hope this helps but it probably just adds to the frustration
    PS Sprint
    Last edited by toburg; 03/10/2010 at 07:15 AM.
    Me too! I saw the "Update is Available" when attempting to re-launch Classic after it crashed at the end of a hotsync (if I remember correctly). This was after updating to 1.4, and I do have the latest version of Classic.

Hasn't happened since, though, and was not more traumatic than the persistent, though occasional crashes at the end of hotsyncs.

Regards,
    Tom
    the last 2 times I've done a reset in Classic, it crashes my Pre.
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Getting more crashes using classis with audible. I will launch my audiobook and then it will crash. I will relaunch classic & audible and it will be fine. It's happening about every other time I use classic.

Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

#WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Classic by MotionApps View Post
    We need some help from you to provide Palm with info needed to troubleshoot this issue:
    My issue is somewhat different but may be related. I wanted to make sure I had the latest version of Classic before I allowed my Pre to update webOS to 1.4.

(1) PreWare: Under "Updates available" PreWare reports that an update is available for Classic. However, selecting Classic and then Update takes me to the App Catalog, which gives me a message that "This application is not available in your country".

(2) App Catalog: If I go to the App Catalog directly, and select Classic, I do not get the message that an update is available. Instead, I only get a button that says "Download for free".

QUESTIONS:
    1. Should I go ahead and download the latest version of Classic from the App Catalog (since I can't seem to upgrade my current version)?

2. Will this adversely affect my current installation and/or activation?

BACKGROUND:
    I purchased Classic in September 2009. My current version of Classic is v2.0.1 (ROM: 2.6.02).

My Pre is on the Bell Mobility service, based in Canada (I am currently in Florida on vacation).

I am currently running Palm webOS 1.3.5.1. I have delayed updating to 1.4 but upgrading Classic is now the only outstanding issue.

I depend on Classic for Smart-List-To-Go and the Audible player for audio books.

-- Bruce
    Palm: V > M505 > Treo 700p > Prē
    Apple: iPad 1
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    After DST this past Sunday all my appts in Classic are 1 hour ahead of schedule. The World Clock has the correct time but the local time which is the same time zone does not update. Using Palm Pre 1.4 and Classic 2.1.2
    My Treo 700p updated ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by comptuter View Post
    After DST this past Sunday all my appts in Classic are 1 hour ahead of schedule. The World Clock has the correct time but the local time which is the same time zone does not update. Using Palm Pre 1.4 and Classic 2.1.2
    My Treo 700p updated ok.
    Confirmed bug. Sorry guys, we'll be taking care of that as soon as possible.
    Follow us on Twitter

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Confirmed bug. Sorry guys, we'll be taking care of that as soon as possible.

Any idea when? Time frame for fix?
    Any idea when? Time frame for fix?
    We're looking into it, and it is possible that there is an issue with the way Pre (webOS) itself handles it http://www.precentral.net/webos-14-a...ings-time-bugs

We'll need some more time to investigate this, i.e. if this is triggered by webOS and if there is a workaround on Classic's side
    Follow us on Twitter

Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    We're looking into it, and it is possible that there is an issue with the way Pre (webOS) itself handles it http://www.precentral.net/webos-14-a...ings-time-bugs

We'll need some more time to investigate this, i.e. if this is triggered by webOS and if there is a workaround on Classic's side
    This might be useful:
    In Classic go to World Clock
    Tap on Local Time (Boston for me)
    Scroll down to edit
    Select Local time zone (Boston)
    Tap Edit
    Then tap OK 6 or 7 times and the time will update to Network time.
    Unfortunately you have to do this each time you launch Classic
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    I guess I'm lucky I don't need to hotsync (I just use USB device mode or SSH via WiFi to transfer backup files).

Stability is definitely improved for me under 1.4. I can now keep Classic open all (or most of) the time without resets, although occasionally I get the "too many cards" message.
    Update: Sorry to have to report this. After comparing what happens with keeping Classic open all the time vs. keeping Classic off, I've now come to the conclusion that Classic is periodically (once a day or so) triggering Luna restarts, which happen right after I try (unsuccessfully) to turn on the Pre's screen. This seems like the same problem that some people find is triggered by other apps like Preware, although for me, Preware does not cause this problem. I only get it when I'm running Classic.

As many people are saying, the underlying problem could be caused by webOS 1.4, but for me, Classic is the only app that triggers it.
    Have Verizon Palm Pre Plus and been fine with Classic, but now with webOS 1.4...
    after using Classic, once I quite Classic, then my Photos on webOS are not accessible. The Photos app launches fine, but the Photo Roll is empty. Once I do a full restart on webOS, then my Photos reappear. I tried just getting by doing a Luna restart using Luna Manager but the Photos do NOT reappear unless I do a full restart which takes almost 5 minutes on my Palm Pre Plus.

I am using Classic v. 2.1.2, (ROM 2.7.00), webOS 1.4.0.
    @AlanK: confirmed issue with latest webOS version. We’ll be addressing this ASAP.
    Any progress on the fix for temporary switch to keyboard?
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanK View Post
    Any progress on the fix for temporary switch to keyboard?
    +1

Thanks, AlanK. Was thinking about posting the same.
    Occasionally, I get this message when opening classic:
    Update is Available
    A system update is available for download. Classic uses some advanced features of webOS platform that are available in newer webOS versions. to be able to use Classic on your device please download and install latest webOS update.

I copied this from Broncot because I am now getting the same message. I am running Classic 2.1.2 and Webos 1.4.0
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    This might be useful:
    In Classic go to World Clock
    Tap on Local Time (Boston for me)
    Scroll down to edit
    Select Local time zone (Boston)
    Tap Edit
    Then tap OK 6 or 7 times and the time will update to Network time.
    Unfortunately you have to do this each time you launch Classic
    Any update on a fix for this???
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mparent View Post
    Occasionally, I get this message when opening classic:
    Update is Available
    A system update is available for download. Classic uses some advanced features of webOS platform that are available in newer webOS versions. to be able to use Classic on your device please download and install latest webOS update.

I copied this from Broncot because I am now getting the same message. I am running Classic 2.1.2 and Webos 1.4.0
    I got this (again) today.

Does Classic look for updates every time it is opened? Is that why it takes so long to load? Just wondering.....
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    Hi guys,

Thanks much, we’ll keep you posted.
    I can verify that when I had WebOS 1.3, Classic was not in the catalog. After I migrated to 1.4, Classic appeared in the catalog. thorne
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast