Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Hey Lfogelson,

Thanks for your support! As I mentioned in the PM, you are added to the beta testers list and will be getting the beta when it's released. As of right now, the beta is planned for release around this weekend (hopefully), pending on how i'm feeling (came down with the flu). I can't seem to find a lot of information on PregPro, seems like support for that app died out a while ago. There's also no point in me getting a demo because the code is closed, and I don't have Classic. However, I'd love to hear what features of the app make it extremely useful for you and what other features you find extra but nice.
    So Folks,

Since the tester list keeps growing (I love it!) I figured I should make a complete list of currently supported features, soon to be supported features, and eventually planned features. So here we go:

Current features include:
    • List of patients stored on a local database in the USB partition (won't erase after webOS doctor)
    • Patient Info:
      • EDD (calculated)
      • EGA (calculated)
      • TPAL
      • Blood Type
      • Group B Strep Result and Date
      • Other Labs Normal (yes/no)
      • Notes.
    • Unlimited number of patients (theoretically, limited by USB size)
    • Patient List view customizable (see the stats you want to see)
    • Patient List orderable by: (Ascending or descending)
      • Name
      • EDD
    • Info turns red when patient is nearing a week limit
      • Customizable week limit

Near future features include:
    • QuickView:
      • Main list shows name and one other stat, customizable in preferences
    • Categories?:
      • Be able to assign a category to a patient like Other Doctor/Other Hospital, Deliver elsewhere, Deliver local, etc. (Does this sound reasonable?)
    • Patient Info: Rh status
    • Output one of two lists as an email (or Word/Excel file?):
      • List of all patients/moms
      • Detailed view of one patient with all her info

Another thing I was thinking: should the app be password protected? In case someone gets a hold of your device, do you not want this info visible without entering a pw first? or would this just get annoying?
    Last edited by SirataXero; 10/27/2010 at 06:16 PM.
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Good to have a feature recap.

I'd still recommend changing TPAL to GPAL (Gravida-Para-Aborti-Living)

Categories is a great idea, especially if configurable by color or* or % or something easy to recognized the difference in the list.

Rh status: is the + or - in the blood type. However, if you mean Rhogam status, which is a shot given to Rh - moms, then that is a good idea. They get one part way through pregnancy, and another one after birth if baby Rh type is +. (I admit I practically never give these, as Native American moms are virtually all Rh +, in fact either A+ or O+. There could be another RhoGam shot in there, too).

I like the idea of a password screen to protect it. HIPAA is always looking over our shoulders in healthcare.

I'll be trying to work on icon later tonight or Friday.
    Quote Originally Posted by BBooDoc View Post
    I'd still recommend changing TPAL to GPAL (Gravida-Para-Aborti-Living)
    I'll see if I can make this customizable. Do some people still use TPAL? If not, then I can just get rid of the "T" permanently, which would be easier.

Categories is a great idea, especially if configurable by color or* or % or something easy to recognized the difference in the list.
    Great. I just have to think about how i'm going to show different categories and differentiate between them...

Rh status: is the + or - in the blood type. However, if you mean Rhogam status, which is a shot given to Rh - moms, then that is a good idea. They get one part way through pregnancy, and another one after birth if baby Rh type is +. (I admit I practically never give these, as Native American moms are virtually all Rh +, in fact either A+ or O+. There could be another RhoGam shot in there, too).
    I'm not sure which one he meant, but I was trying to incorporate Stung's suggestion from his post:

Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    Hmmm... Maybe put blood type and Rh status on that screen...
    If this meant the + or - from the blood type, that's already part of the Blood Type info. So I don't have to do anything? haha.

I like the idea of a password screen to protect it. HIPAA is always looking over our shoulders in healthcare.
    Yeah I figured as much, I guess I can work on that for the final release.

I'll be trying to work on icon later tonight or Friday.
    Sounds good. Take your time.
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    I think I found the date bug mentioned in the alpha release note. Anyone else find this?

Was looking at my OB list on OB Tracker today, and saw EGA date format errors for the 4 women I have in OB Tracker to test with:

OB Tracker PregTrak (PalmOS)
    TB 36 w 14d 37w 0d EDD 11/21/10
    HD 38 w 16 d 39w 3d EDD 11/4/10
    CH 20 w 20 d 21w 0d EDD 3/13/11
    MP 19 w 13 d 19 w 6d EDD 3/21/11

was sorted by name, which explains TB first. Sorting by EDD fixed the order, but not the EGA.

(Emailed to SirataXero, too)
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    How does one become a tester? I used handbase for this on my previous WM phone, but from what I understand, they will not be creating a webos version.
    I think I found the date bug mentioned in the alpha release note. Anyone else find this?

Was looking at my OB list on OB Tracker today, and saw EGA date format errors for the 4 women I have in OB Tracker to test with:

OB Tracker PregTrak (PalmOS)
    TB 36 w 14d 37w 0d EDD 11/21/10
    HD 38 w 16 d 39w 3d EDD 11/4/10
    CH 20 w 20 d 21w 0d EDD 3/13/11
    MP 19 w 13 d 19 w 6d EDD 3/21/11

was sorted by name, which explains TB first. Sorting by EDD fixed the order, but not the EGA.

(Emailed to SirataXero, too)
    Hey Doc,

Saw the email. As I mentioned, development on this has slowed down quite a bit because my other priorities (school/work) have picked up quite a bit. I will, however, end up fixing this and implementing quickview "soon"... I'll post back here when the beta is ready.

Quote Originally Posted by sshoredoc View Post
    How does one become a tester? I used handbase for this on my previous WM phone, but from what I understand, they will not be creating a webos version.
    Hey sshoredoc!

Showing interest is all you need to become a tester. The Beta version is slowly coming up to speed, so send me an email (sirataxero at gmail .com) and let me know you want to be a tester for OB Tracker. Hopefully you have Internalz or Preware installed and I'll send you the app through email.
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Checking in from Android land. Epocrates choosing not to support Palm is a bitter pill to swallow. I spent well over an hour going through all medical apps in the Android Market today, and most of the stuff there is e versions of books, calculators, or stuff for patients to use. Having 100K apps doesn't mean better apps! I can definitively say that there is NOTHING available for Android OS devices that has the functionality that OB Tracker has/will have. There is exactly 1 program on Android that keeps OB lists, and it only keeps the names/dates, not any other info, so not useful for when being called about a pt,checking out to your partners, or during emergency, etc.

Here's hoping that Sirata can keep working on OB Tracker!
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    I have been off in Android land for 4 months, but got tired of the chaos, and came back to the smaller but calmer pond of WebOS. It's a Zen thing. Also, regarding OB apps, Android has ONE (so much for the vaunted larger catalog) that does not do what Sirato's alpha of OB Tracker does.

So I emailed Sirato - he is too busy right now, and invited me to take it over.

So the good news is, there is active development on the project again, by me. I have the vast programming knowledge of 2 or 3 quarters of high school BASIC on TRS-80's (that's how it is so easy to recognize the monochrome Android 2.1 interface!) and some scripting on the Amiga and setting up a research project reporting web page in medical school (but it also used HTML 2, not just 1, in one part...lol!)

So I have LONG ways to go to learn Javascript and CSS. But with code examples from SiratoXero, Palmdoc, and tutorials and links from the Palm Dev website and some books, and hopefully a night class or two at the local community college, I have some ideas I'd like to develop.

GOALS:
    1. Sirato told me to fix the dating formulas, so that obviously is huge. Fancy doesn't matter if not accurate when trying to decide steroids or induction or C-Section.

2. Encryption. Our medical system requires that any identifiable patient information must be encrypted if on a personal device, not just password protected. Hopefully WebOS 2.x and 3.x will have this capability built in better.

3. Touch-to-Share. I want to be able to Sync my patient lists to my TouchPad to my WebOS laptop with a tap, without any data going over the internet, or wires. I see that as a nice benefit of this new "gimmick". When the phone dies or falls in the ... well wherever, then the list doesn't. But no info in the cloud for hackers, either.

4. When I have a good system set up, then I want to be able to develop a separate "Tickler" App. We use Epic in our system. It is good for notes, fair for ordering, very good for billing ($ are the main reason for EMRs after all) but HORRIBLE for building tickler lists of when to bring pts back in for repeat mammogram, colonoscopy, skin check, other cancer monitoring, etc. Imagine being able to do a daily or weekly ePrint of who is due for what, and just give that to your nurse to get the pts in. Was simple on paper, but too complex for our expensive Epic system...
    Wow, good for you! Sounds like pretty good goals.
    Wish I had more time to help but post any issues you have and I'll try to help with my meagre knowledge where possible.
    As it is with something like 26 apps in the App Catalog I have to do some updating and maintaining these apps.
    Not looking forward to the Enyo migration when the time comes - hope the tools make it easy to.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    thanks for the encouragement!

I actually just left you a PM about your Apgar code. I just redid Hello World and messed around with Ares some tonight, if that shows you my level of programming :{

I am confident I can get up to speed, but I'd sure like some better examples than pressing buttons and the Google Maps widget. I thought doing a Bishop Score calculator would be a good start, and then on to OB Tracker itself, which will require databases, database encryption, etc, along with the actual calculations. Also, I could use a good Bishop Score calculator on my Pre, and there are probably others who could, too.

Looking at the actual code, not just trying to plug it into Ares and change fields, would be helpful to see how the Javascript passes values back and forth and adds them. I think I get it now, but actual stuff would be great to see. Kind of like the practice patients in our EMR training were never half as helpful as taking an actual live pt and trying it in the EMR class to see what REALLY happens. (Usually different than our very enthusiastic, very young and inexperienced trainers expected!)

thanks for considering

PS - thanks already for the code in Post #16!
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Update for everyone -

After wetting my feet making the Bishop Scores app (with tons of help for Palmdoc!), I am working on the OB Tracker Beta app now. It is being built from the ground up on the HP/Palm Ares developer platform, using the guts of SiratoXero's code that he gave me to finish. A major effort is trying to figure out how to get the data into separate data files (SQL) that survive app updates, and can be encrypted as well to meet HIPAA standards and sync'd with the upcoming TouchPad and laptops by TouchToShare.

I had thought to have a beta of Sirato's code out to everyone with some corrections to EGA formula updating, until I decided to switch to Ares, as the "SDK" is too abstract for me to keep everything straight. So it is taking longer, but has not been forgotten. Also, with Ares, I think it will be modular enough to be fairly easy to convert to WebOS 3 for newer devices and more capabilities.

Please let me know here any feature requests. I will release to the beta feed when I have something somewhat useful and testable.

A huge thanks to SiratoXero and PalmDoc for getting me started!
    We're pretty active with apps and would be willing to help you guys out.
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    Http://www.digikatsoftware.com
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by merphie View Post
    We're pretty active with apps and would be willing to help you guys out.
    any tips on using SQL data files in Ares?
    any tips on using SQL data files in Ares?
    I've never used Ares. What are you trying to do?
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    SQL for data files that don't get lost with app updates.

I now have the SQL file in the app, just have to learn how to use it.

Ares is the GUI at the Palm Developer Center website to develop apps in.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    -
    - my webOS apps: Bishop Scores, EquiAnalgesia, EquiSteroidia, OB Tracker -
    - Missing webOS phones when I use my iPhone5 and iPad Mini. At least I have my TouchPad to web surf still! -
    I just don't use Ares. I don't like it. So I can't be much use there.

SQL in the app doesn't matter with app updates. However, you should use the version when you call opendatabase. This will help when you make updates to the structure.

If you have any questions about code for the app or SQL I can help you.
    Developer
    DigiKat Software Company
    Hi - the gest way to get help with programming seems to be getting your code on Assembla.com and then others can jump aboard. Email me for details
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Thanks to both Merphie and Palmdoc. I'll definitely keep the version code in mind, and the Assembla.com hive programming, too.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234