Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I am definitely up for it SirataXero I would love to help out! Just let me know what you need and we will go from there! Keep it up guys!
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    glad to hear alpha3 coming along. I can' wait to try it. If I can help on icon I will. Right now I'm not sitting much due to a back injury, which limits computer work.
    Quote Originally Posted by AbdielRN View Post
    I am definitely up for it SirataXero I would love to help out! Just let me know what you need and we will go from there! Keep it up guys!
    Awesome! I'll definitely let you know when I'm on to the Beta. Thanks. Send me an email at sirataxero at gmail.com so that I know who you are/how to contact you. .

Quote Originally Posted by BBooDoc View Post
    glad to hear alpha3 coming along. I can' wait to try it. If I can help on icon I will. Right now I'm not sitting much due to a back injury, which limits computer work.
    Yup! I'm kind of excited about this alpha. I'm trying to incorporate the customization of the main list in this one, but I can't think of a way to do it cleanly. We'll see how it goes though.

As for the icon, I'm sorry to hear about your back! Please don't strain yourself. Don't worry about the icon. I'll throw something together for the beta, and will definitely have something ready to go when this app hits the catalog.
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    thanks again for all the hard work Sirata! For a while, I will be hardly working...
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Sent! and sorry to hear BBooDoc!
    thanks again for all the hard work Sirata! For a while, I will be hardly working...
    No Problemo! I'm just glad to be doing something that is in demand and will help Docs out. .

Quote Originally Posted by AbdielRN View Post
    Sent! and sorry to hear BBooDoc!
    Got your email Abdiel. You're on the beta list! I'll send it out to you when it's ready (probably in a week or so).

Update: Sorry Alpha v0.0.3 is going a bit slow. I have a test coming up tomorrow which I should be studying for... I was also working on a side project all day yesterday. Will have it done and shipped out in the next few days. *fingers crossed*
    Great work and TYT. Your test is more important! As for me I have to take a break the next couple of weeks as I have exam questions to set and a viva to conduct
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Thanks for encouragement about my back, everyone. One of those reminders of mortality, which is probably good for us as physicians, occasionally. Not too often, I hope! Already a lot better - I hope to not have to use cane past this week. Otherwise I'll have to start memorizing "House" lines to use when I am at the hospital catching babies, and I am terrible at memorizing those.

Hope your test went well today, Sirato! This is all nice, but balancing priorities is a key to a happy successful life. Ladies will keep getting pregnant, and we will keep taking care of them (hopefully with shiny new hPalms in hand running your app, like I have run PregTrak for the last 10 years on PalmOS). You on the other hand will only probably want to be in school once, and doing the best you can feels good now (and later), and pays better later!
    Hey Guys,

Thanks so much for the support!

I'm just mentally recovering from the 2.5 hour test >.<. I'll begin fixing the app and push out the final alpha before the end of the week. Then hopefully with a little bit more work (old database reading) I can release the beta and be OK with you guys using the beta on actual patient information.

Good luck on your recovery BBooDoc, hopefully you can get rid of the cane soon!
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Glad to hear test over, and will look forward to the beta. Back better, and I just parked the cane most of the day. Thank God and prednisone!
    Good news folks!

I've been working at the app a bit and have managed to include blood type, TPAL, as well as EGA calculation method on the front list. If you look at the EGA section of each mom, you can see a few letters in parenthesis. i.e. for Kate Beckinsale the EGA calculation method says "US" (which means Ultrasound). I've limited the character limit for this field to 5, for aesthetic purposes. Should I increase it? I don't really want it more than 5 or 6 characters to be honest, but if you guys want it more, i'll increase it.

All these new fields are also configurable (more screenshots coming soon). You can choose to hide either blood type, TPAL, both, EGA/EDD data, or everything and just have a list of names (and ages)!

The only thing left before the final alpha is being able to edit all these new fields. When that is done, I'll push out the alpha.

Attached Images Attached Images
    K guys,

I think the final alpha version is finished. I'm sending it out now.

As you can see from the screenshots, the preferences let you pick what you want to see on the main list. The main list images are included with various different types of combinations. Also ordering mom's by age is now included. Hope you guys like it!

Next update (the beta) will include database uploading so if you have a previous version, you won't have to delete it and restart and re-enter all your info.

Please give me detailed feedback on what you guys think about this version, and/or what else you'd like to see.

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Looking very good in the screen shots. Of course I accidentally flicked it to the side (deleted) instead of up off the top of my Pre while at hospital tonight, so I deleted your email... can you send it again?

thanks

- Dave Jarvis!
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Great work on this! I really like the configurable list. Also, the swiping patients off to side to delete. For some reason, I think that is a cool little WebOS feature....

Some things to tweak:

The EDD may be off by a day;
    for EDD 11/4/10, PalmOS PregTrak reads 37-3/7. OB Tracker is reading 37-2/7. However, I am not sure of PregTrak's algorithm, and 1 day difference I can live with.
    update - is a day different for 3/13/11 EDD, too (OB Tracker reads 18-6/7, PregTrak reads 19-0/7)

Instead of TPAL, I would advise "GPAL" as more standard. (Gravida means the total number of pregnancies).

Adding a new patient works well; adding the same pt isn't allowed, but it doesn't tell you why. Maybe an error message could be generated? ("Trying to add duplicate patient is not allowed. Please change name or tap Save instead") or similar.

could a list option in prefs be just:

name - EDD (on the same line)

so that the most mom's could fit on a screen at once, to make it easy to see our "social schedule"? I like being able to count up my moms and see basically when I can afford to go out of town (based on who is due when) at a quick glance.

the app is coming along great. Hugely appreciated!
    Thanks for the immediate feedback!

The EDD may be off by a day;
    for EDD 11/4/10, PalmOS PregTrak reads 37-3/7. OB Tracker is reading 37-2/7. However, I am not sure of PregTrak's algorithm, and 1 day difference I can live with.
    update - is a day different for 3/13/11 EDD, too (OB Tracker reads 18-6/7, PregTrak reads 19-0/7)
    Yeah. I didn't want to say anything... haha, but I noticed that too. I did modify the code that PalmDoc left here, so that may have been my mistake. I'll look into it. Thanks.

Instead of TPAL, I would advise "GPAL" as more standard. (Gravida means the total number of pregnancies).
    Oh, my mistake, I'll fix that right up. .

Adding a new patient works well; adding the same pt isn't allowed, but it doesn't tell you why. Maybe an error message could be generated? ("Trying to add duplicate patient is not allowed. Please change name or tap Save instead") or similar.
    Yeah. Error messages and instructions are kind of last minute things for me since I think those are primarily part of the GUI. I definitely plan on including an option to do that. Also, as of right now, you can't edit a name once a mom is already saved. You'd have to make a new mom with the new name and then copy all the info over. I'll have to input a way to change the name eventually. I guess that can be part of the beta...

could a list option in prefs be just:

name - EDD (on the same line)

so that the most mom's could fit on a screen at once, to make it easy to see our "social schedule"? I like being able to count up my moms and see basically when I can afford to go out of town (based on who is due when) at a quick glance.
    That's a good idea. I'll try to input that in as "Quick View Mode" or something like that... It'll have to be just name and one other piece of information that you'd like to see about the mom. This will be configurable in the preferences.... or maybe I'll throw it into a second button on the bottom left of the main list screen. It's definitely doable. I'll just have to think about it a little bit more. Good Suggestion! Also: Would you like a total number of moms somewhere? I can try to see if I can learn how to do the little bubble that shows up in... say... the email app on the top right? When you have 15 new emails it shows a little white circle with the number "15" inside. I can try to do that for total number of moms on the list. I'll look into that, if its something you guys would like...

the app is coming along great. Hugely appreciated!
    Thanks! I definitely wouldn't even have any motivation/idea on what to do if you weren't so good and consistent with the feedback. It's GREAT!

Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    I like the total # of mom's bubble idea. That would be kind of cool to know at any given time.

Name and EDD for a simple one-liner Quick View

I actually used OB Tracker in clinic today for the mom's due in the next month. Worked well. Sure is nice to bring up the info w/o having to wait for Classic, and to be able to do it in WebOS native app made for fingers, not styluses!

EGA's seemed stable so far
    Awesome!

That's really good to hear. I'm glad its been working well for you. I'll try to whip up the beta sometime soon and then lay low for a bit. I'm kind of working on a side project which may take a bit more of my attention. However, I'm still slowly fixing up this app as well. I'll post when the beta is ready and have some beta testers join the group as well. Then when it seems stable enough for primetime, out to the catalog it goes!

I would love to try out your new app. I am missing my prior pregnancy tool since changing to a palm pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenkathy View Post
    I would love to try out your new app. I am missing my prior pregnancy tool since changing to a palm pre.
    I gotta admit, I'm a ,ittle flattered to see your first post on this forum is to say you want to try out my app. . That just motivates me to try harder and make my app better. Haha. I'll add you to the beta list. Send me a PM with your email address so I know where to send the app!
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    I would love to be an tester. I have been using pregpro on the palm (now classic). I was close to switching to an Iphone because of no adequate pregnancy tools to track my patients and read that classic will not be supported in webos 2.0. Have you ever seen pregpro (renamed to pregcalc pro)? I can email you a demo copy to run on classic. Thanks for you hard work. I will also PM you.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast