Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hey All,

I hate to interrupt this extremely serious conversation about actual medical phenomenon, but I thought I might interject with my own contribution to the field.

The app is far from complete, but it's coming along nicely. Thanks to PalmDoc (and Janni), as I have begun incorporating the date calculations (etc.) to my app as well.

The red warning color is based on a number of weeks limit. This is, ofcourse, customizable and will be from the start. As soon as I learn how to, I'll have the app run in the background and give notifications based on what day it is and whatever limit the user picks.

i.e. If you the user picks to be notified when the EDD is 2 weeks away, the app will run in the background and at midnight will generate a notification that there's only 2 weeks left for a baby. Something like that. However, that's a bit later on. .

As of now, I'm working on the "Add New Patient" and "Edit Patient Info" screens.

Any more ideas for this screen? (ordering by field will come later as well).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SirataXero; 10/03/2010 at 07:57 PM.
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    yep - the only reason for post-dates babies should be lack of prenatal care.
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Sirato - by all means interrupt!

Sane people talk about baseball scores - when rambling, we talk about ECMO and intraosseous lines. Fortunately, there is treatment for us (reality therapy, where we get to talk with people who don't know what Apgar scores are), and better yet, a cure (more time with our families!) Oops - doing it again...

For me, no alarm is needed, but it could be good for others. More capability meets more needs.

Being able to color code the mom's names would be handy. Sometimes I enter one of my partner's pts into my list when I am covering them for a couple weeks, or someone who is just in the area for a few months. Also at my once a week tribal clinic, I enter ladies who plan to deliver elsewhere, but do the first 20 or 30 weeks at the tribal clinic, (just in case they don't make it to the city they plan to deliver in.)

Then a month or so later, I can't remember details about this person who is now 40 weeks. If I could enter them in blue for example, then I'd know at a glance that they were managed elsewhere, and not my responsibility (unless they show up in labor at our rural hospital after all).

Otherwise, a more compact list would be nice, to see more at once, but that is a limitation of touch interfaces compared with stylus interfaces, and also one reason I want native WebOS apps, instead of Classic - it is hard to tap on items that are too close together.

For the app name - "OB Tracker" or "Preg List" or something serious. That way it will be easy to search for in App Catalog or Google, and sounds important, which strokes our egos, which is nice in this era of managed care by insurance companies, falling compensation, etc...

One more "eventual feature" - being able to generate a simple list for printout (on the HP WebOS printer we will all have, right!). I like to generate a list for partners covering for me when I am on vacation, and for my nurse to know who we are currently taking care of. Being able to generate to email or to the USB partition would be slick. Back in the PalmOS day I could print my list to the IR plug-in that I plugged into a printer, with no security/privacy risks. I don't think that is an option yet for WebOS.

thanks again for all your work on this!
    Last edited by BBooDoc; 10/04/2010 at 10:53 PM.
    Hmmm... Maybe put blood type and Rh status on that screen as well as something that shows what determined the EDD (e.g., LMP, 1st trimester u/s, etc.). What do you guys think?
    Quote Originally Posted by BBooDoc View Post
    For me, no alarm is needed, but it could be good for others. More capability meets more needs.
    Hey BBooDoc, that's cool. I'll most probably have an option to turn the alarm off as well. As you said, more capability meets more needs.

Being able to color code the mom's names would be handy. Sometimes I enter one of my partner's pts into my list when I am covering them for a couple weeks, or someone who is just in the area for a few months. Also at my once a week tribal clinic, I enter ladies who plan to deliver elsewhere, but do the first 20 or 30 weeks at the tribal clinic, (just in case they don't make it to the city they plan to deliver in.)
    That's a REALLY good idea! I could (eventually) categorize the patients with doctors/hospitals (either, or both?) and this would allow for quick and easy distinguishing as well as ordering/separating different patients by location/doctor. However, the categorizing part will most probably come a little bit later. I can add one now, having unique colors might be a little bit tricky. However, I'll definitely look into it and add it in as the app progresses. For now, I can add a parenthesis after the name with the name of the Doc/Hospital, kind of like a category field.

i.e.: Lohan, Lindsay (BBooDoc)

Does that work? (for now).

For the app name - "OB Tracker" or "Preg List" or something serious. That way it will be easy to search for in App Catalog or Google, and sounds important, which strokes our egos, which is nice in this era of managed care by insurance companies, falling compensation, etc...
    Awwww man. There goes my ideas. : /. haha, OB Tracker sounds fine. I'll use that.

One more "eventual feature" - being able to generate a simple list for printout (on the HP WebOS printer we will all have, right!). I like to generate a list for partners covering for me when I am on vacation, and for my nurse to know who we are currently taking care of. Being able to generate to email or to the USB partition would be slick. Back in the PalmOS day I could print my list to the IR plug-in that I plugged into a printer, with no security/privacy risks. I don't think that is an option yet for WebOS.
    Definitely! For now, the easy part is to draft an email. I can make the main list as an email, or one patients detailed info as an email. I'll add that in, its relatively easy and i've done it before. Having it sent to the USB Partition, MAY be a little trickier for me, tbh. I'll look into it. I've seen some apps use Google Docs as a medium of exporting/importing data. I can look into that. If you guys trust Google that is...

The good news is, the information will always be available as a database in the USB partition, so as long as you don't clear your USB partition, it will always remain backed up there. It just won't be easily accessible/viewable... unless you have something like MS Access (or whatever the Office equivalent of a DB viewer MS now has).

thanks again for all your work on this!
    No Problem! I enjoy making apps that people actually use. Unlike my RIPTA app, which only I use. hahaha. And the few people who do use it don't like it very much. .

Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    Hmmm... Maybe put blood type and Rh status on that screen as well as something that shows what determined the EDD (e.g., LMP, 1st trimester u/s, etc.). What do you guys think?
    Hey stung, that's not a bad idea at all. After reading your post I realized that that's definitely another area of customization. What each Doc wants to see on a quicklist is definitely up for debate as everyone has their own perferences. Thus, I'll make that part customizable. It shouldn't be too hard to do, but it will definitely be the goal of the next update, after the first functioning app is pushed out. Sorry to not have it out instantly, but it might require a bit of groundwork before I can set that up. That's why i'll add it in a bit later. However, that's definitely a very important feature and I'll make sure to add it in.

Thanks!
    Hey Guys,

Quick question: I'm open to icon submissions. Anyone a computer graphics expert here?

I'd like some suggestions. I'd prefer not something that can be found online and I'd have to pay royalty fees for, etc. That's why I'd prefer something custom made.

Any takers?

Also: I'm extremely close to having a functional alpha version. It'll be out for beta testing soon.
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    SirataXero,

sounds like you are making great progress!

the modifier in parentheses to show if it isn't a typical list mom would be great.

I like the idea of email. Not completely secure, but doesn't leave it in the cloud, either. Can email it to self or printer (soon I hope, HP!), then delete.

I'll see what I can come up with in 96 pixels for an icon. I am thinking of an OB "wheel" that people use to figure EDD's/EGA, with a scrolled list coming out of it could work.

I am excited to see the alpha/beta!
    Hey All,

Great news!

The OB Tracker is primarily done (Yes, I spent most of the night doing that >.<). Functionally, it works really well. So far it can only compute the EGA from the LMP, but it includes the features shown above in the previous screenshot (except I understand now that the EGA is a bit off in the screenshot above, and I've fixed the computation method that does that, thanks to PalmDoc). It still turns info for patients that are past 39 weeks (by default) to red to catch your attention. This is a setting that can be changed in the preferences section of the app. You can alter the number of weeks that should make a patients info turn red. Otherwise, the info is shown in blue and green (as pictured above).

You can add new patients, as well as edit already entered patients' data. It has checkers for making sure the LMP is before today, and the EDD is after today. It alarms you if you picked wrong, however, it does not change the "incorrect" date. So be aware of that. I may (or may not) fix it, depending on user feedback.

As of right now, I'm working on making it a bit more visually appealing, as well as including images/icons that will make the app a bit nicer to look at/work with. Currently it looks like the screenshot above. Not very endearing. .

I'm interested in an alpha tester or two who can ignore the visual ugliness of the app and focus on function and tell me, in grave detail, how it works/how useful it is, what are some bugs and/or lack of features that really bother a Doc (or make it hard to use in general).

BBooDoc, ofcourse you're on top of the list, but I'm just curious if there's any others who'd like to partake in the alpha testing of the app. Beta testing with a bit more stable/functional version will come soon after.
    Last edited by SirataXero; 10/06/2010 at 10:10 AM.
    No one else wants to alpha test this app?
    I'd be happy to help - just email me.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    The Alpha is coming along GREAT. I think Stung is going to like the way the GBS and blood type goes in - my colleagues last night on call were impressed.

As I emailed Sirata, I think null values for data not yet determined (blood type, GBS, and LMP is important eventually, so that in an emergency C-Section or baby resuscitation, the doc can trust the data on the Palm without having to look through an electronic or paper chart. Sirata is doing a great job integrating feedback, and I think this is going to be really useful app, should be replacing PalmOS PregTrak for me soon I think.

I'll hope to work on icon this weekend. Too tired from last 2 nights now...
    I would like to alpha test this app. Eager to see it. Thanks.
    Another feature suggestion for that screen that was posted earlier with the patient's names: include patient age and GPA on there. Those are some basic things and can give providers an idea of risk of delivery, etc.

Edit: Actually I'm more used to the TPAL system, instead of GPA. Information on how to format it is here: TPAL (medicine) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. It goes G(#pregnancies)P(#term births)(#preterm births)(#induced abortions and miscarriages)(#living children) - without he parentheses, of course.
    Last edited by stung; 10/07/2010 at 11:41 PM. Reason: maybe it's better to go with TPAL
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    I would like to alpha test this app. Eager to see it. Thanks.
    Hey Stung,

That's great. Send me an email at sirataxero at gmail.com and I'll enlist you into the alpha.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'm definitely working in customizing the main list screen as well as incorporating BBooDoc's suggestions. I'm not too sure how to "null" out the dates, but I may be able to put a default date value of 1970 or something. That would make it seem implausable, thus making you realize it's not real.
    Quick test of the app, and functionality is there - looking good. Looking forward to more feature implementation as mentioned above.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    I've started working on icon.
    This is the current iteration of the app.

The things such as EDD, EGA and TPAL will be customizable at the main screen.

As in, if you don't want to see TPAL on your main screen, you'll be able to hide them from the main list and view them when you look into the patient details.

Again, the organization of the main list page is very dynamic as of right now, and is subject to a complete overhaul pending testers' input as well as my whim. .

What do people think so far?

Changelog:
    • Added Age
    • Added TPAL (in info as well as main page)
    • Added null values for info not entered

(on a completely unrelated note, my sample image has sample moms whos' ages are accurate. Yes, I spend my free time looking up ages of famous people I randomly selected as examples for my app. )
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I am actually considering to switch jobs from Psychiatric Nursing back to Neonatal Nurse BECAUSE of your application! This is looking great if I may jump in and give my$.02! Xero great job so far! And everyone here with there feedback!
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    better and better! I will start using it for actual pts now that null values there. Is another alpha version ready yet?

also, I was thinking of incorporating your background pic into icon, if you can send it to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by AbdielRN View Post
    I am actually considering to switch jobs from Psychiatric Nursing back to Neonatal Nurse BECAUSE of your application! This is looking great if I may jump in and give my$.02! Xero great job so far! And everyone here with there feedback!
    Thanks AbdielRN, I'm flattered! I appreciate your feedback and I'm glad you're watching the app progress. If you're interested in testing the app and inputting your feedback directly, let me know and when the beta is ready I'll enlist you!

better and better! I will start using it for actual pts now that null values there. Is another alpha version ready yet?

also, I was thinking of incorporating your background pic into icon, if you can send it to me.
    Awesome!

After the next alpha version is released to the testers (v0.0.3), I'll start incorporating the db updater. This will essentially take all of your data and have it travel through with you to newer versions of the app, so you don't have to delete, reinstall, and re-enter all your data. . The next alpha version will be pushed out sometime this weekend.

I'll email you the background image soon. Also, don't waste too much of your time on the icon. haha. I can play around with it too. I didn't want you to spend a lot of time just making my icon that I'm too lazy to make. haha. Thanks though! I appreciate it.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast