1.    #1  
    I don't want to really want to embed my credit card on my daughters phone, but I would love to buy Facebook Chat for my daughter and send it to her phone. Is this possible???
    - Jeff
    Palm Pre- and a 32 GB TouchPad.
    i believe this has been mentioned before and the answer is no thats why i want palm to allow pre-paid on the app catalog
    You could put the credit card info in, buy the app, then delete the credit card profile. Not exactly simple but it works.
  4.    #4  
    Oh ya, this is almost a "duh!" topic. I thought I was going to feel stupid asking. Really? Do they want to sell apps? I have 3 teenagers I know I would buy this for, only one is mine. But thanks for answering so soon.
    - Jeff
  5.    #5  
    Ya but she is in NY, I am in SC. Not that I don't trust her, but still it could be easier.
    - Jeff
    You could always go get a $10 or $20 prepaid Visa/Mastercard and send it to them. This way they could get the apps you wanted to give. Do not even have to mail it, just give em the # over the phone.

I know there was a service once where you could setup a 1 time use credit card for things like this. This might solve your dilemma. Just make sure you consider the education apps for the teenagers *sheepish grin*
    Quote Originally Posted by spdsktr View Post
    You could always go get a $10 or $20 prepaid Visa/Mastercard and send it to them. This way they could get the apps you wanted to give. Do not even have to mail it, just give em the # over the phone.

I know there was a service once where you could setup a 1 time use credit card for things like this. This might solve your dilemma. Just make sure you consider the education apps for the teenagers *sheepish grin*
    this is the way to go. You can provide her with the info so she can put it in the phone. You hold the card. Reload it when needed.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  8.    #8  
    Yeah, I know I could do that, but isn't it kind of a loss of sales? I just was hoping that with the web based palm catalog we could send it to another WebOS phone. Hell, they could even charge me a fee to send it and make even more money. Maybe it would be more involved than I am thinking, it just seems like it could be a simple "true" Share button, and then a sent link.
    - Jeff
    ya know, maybe when the url thing gets a bit more refined, you will be able to surf to a website and purchase it through the site. Then input her mobile number to send it to her, I just tried but it sends the link and uses the app catalog credit card info to actually buy. But that shouldnt be too far away right?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
  10.    #10  
    I hope they expand it. Thanks for the feedback everyone. Oh, and mrloserpunk, I swear I ran across at least a half dozen dead people today.
    - Jeff
    I agree you should not have to take alternate methods. But it's just not possible right now.

You know, the "app purchase" is tied to a specific Palm profile. I am sure it would be relatively easy (at least through the website) to simply allow you to enter in the email address of the Palm profile you wanted it assigned to.

Be sure to fill out this form: Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

If enough people ask for it, Palm will do it sooner rather than later. The app catalog is a big concern to them, and they want more ways to improve it. They may just go with the gift cards however, as this really is the easiest method. Kind of like the iTunes gift cards.
    put the credit card info in her phone but only you know the password. I have done this for both my daughters
  13.    #13  
    spdsktr, thanks for the link. I will give feedback for sure. And zmann, so your kids don't know their own passwords? I am not sure how that would work as far as updates or Doctoring (as with this latest update), but thanks for the thought. I may have to look into that.
    - Jeff
    Does anyone know if there has been any progress on this front? I'd love to be able to buy apps for people as gifts. I think the answer is still no, but you never know.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer