Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Can anyone recommend a good task manager for my Pre Plus?

I'm looking for something that I could probably sync online but has a nice clean looking UI.

I use a task manager for my freelance work, home and family reminders as well as bills and long term tasks. So, something that has the ability to prioritize and store a lot of tasks, even ones that repeat.

Am I asking for too much?

I hate the native client and tried FliqTasks.

Thanks in advance!
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    I've used the Google Tasks web page as an icon on my launcher. It works well enough, I like it because I can sync the tasks with my account and add tasks through a web browser extension. The downside is it's the web site, so it makes you re-login every once in awhile. Nothing more annoying than when I'm trying to quickly add a task in the middle of a conversation and I have to re-type my username and super long password.

There's a Remember the Milk app in beta right now, it didn't work for me but it looks promising.

edit: I don't know if Google Tasks does repeat
    The app in Preware is called RTFM Beta. It syncs with Remember The Milk on the web.
    I was looking at these recently too and didn't find anything I liked. One feature I would like is to have tasks that have due dates show up on the calendar. None of them seem to do that.

Google Tasks puts an entry on your Google calendar, but those entries don't sync to the Pre's calendar.
    Palm Pilot IIIxe > LifeDrive > Pre
    New Pre owner, but I'm starting to feel sucker-punched. The built-in "Tasks" uses gigantic fonts, displaying less than the Palm PDA did. Are the mobile-enabled websites (nozbe, RTM, etc.) really the best alternatives we have right now?
    Yes, the mobile-enabled websites (and the apps that access them) are the best we have right now. I was a HUGE user of the built-in to-do apps on all my older Palms, but I must confess I've learned to love keeping my lists on the cloud. My current favorite is RTM with Cow Tasks 1.2 as the app interface. RTFM WILL be my favorite when it can display lists containing repeating tasks.
    I like Done, which is a WebOS vclient for Toodledo. It syncs with the Toodledo website. After first sign in never have to sign in again. Can organize and view by categories and can have due dates show in calendar using a google calendar. You have to manually sync but I just hit the sync button after each entry. Much better than RTM. I have also used basecamp with Outline Tracker for WebOS and might go back to it but right now I think Done better suits my needs.

i
    I use the tasks and sync with putlook. It sinks over wifi to my pc, whoch feels like 'the cloud' but without giving my family jewels to gmail.

outlook is where I keep tasks, contacta, and calendar.
    outline tracker is awsome. It syncs online with basecamp. It also enters the items into your palm calendar. The free verson is what I am using
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    It really is amazing that in 2010 we don't have a good task solution. one with many options. i think about what i was doing on my palm 10 years ago.

I am a remember the milk user but cant find a good solution. RTFM is a good start but it hangs up all of the time with my systerm.

Mike, you say you are using it with Cow Task 1.2 as the interface. Where can I find Cow Task, i searched and cant find it.

thank you
    "ToDo Classic" is good if you're used to the old Palm format.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Any improvements here? Here's my wish list:

1. Dated tasks sync with calendar of my choice and show up in the calendar app.
    2. Ability to link with contacts and attach a phone number, e-mail address, chat, website, location.
    3. From task, ability to open dialer, etc. with the appropriate number/address
    4. Ability to add locations and go directly to maps with directions from current location.
    5. Recurring tasks.
    6. Independent importance and urgency settings option.
    7. Due time in addition to date.
    8. Notification at due time.
    9. Ability for developers to make plug-ins for additional appropriate apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by hersko View Post
    Here's my wish list:
    1. Dated tasks sync with calendar of my choice and show up in the calendar app.
    7. Due time in addition to date.
    8. Notification at due time.
    Outline Tracker (Outline Tracker Features) allows items with a date and optional time. Notes and uncompleted Tasks with a date are displayed in the webOS Calendar app. Calendar Reminders (alarms) can also be set.

Quote Originally Posted by hersko View Post
    2. Ability to link with contacts and attach a phone number, e-mail address, chat, website, location.
    3. From task, ability to open dialer, etc. with the appropriate number/address
    You can assign a person to be "Responsible" for a Task. The Waiting scene displays undone Tasks by the Responsible person. Tap on the person's name to open the Contacts app to their entry. From there, you can phone, e-mail, or message him or her.
    Toodledo is the best task tracking application online, IMHO, but support for webOS is very, very poor.

Toodler provides subtasks and syncing but is incredibly buggy.

Done! is intrusive with its huge sync status and it has no subtask support.

I'm really looking for something that ties into Toodledo and will place events in my calendar but no such luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    Toodledo is the best task tracking application online, IMHO, but support for webOS is very, very poor.

Toodler provides subtasks and syncing but is incredibly buggy.

Done! is intrusive with its huge sync status and it has no subtask support.

I'm really looking for something that ties into Toodledo and will place events in my calendar but no such luck.
    This is not in task format, but it is possible to get Toodledo tasks into calendar, so you can at least see your tasks.

You'll need a Google calendar account set up with your Pre calendar, because that's where you're actually sending the tasks.

1. Go into your Toodledo account.
    2. Under tools and services, enable iCal
    3. In settings, you'll find a link for Google Calendars. Copy that.
    4. Go into your Google calendar account.
    5. Under other calendars, select 'add by url' and paste the Toodledo link.
    Yeah I tried that back in the day but I had some serious issues with due dates. Same happened to RTM. Maybe I'll give it another shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasracer View Post
    Yeah I tried that back in the day but I had some serious issues with due dates. Same happened to RTM. Maybe I'll give it another shot.
    I've been using RTFM beta for a long time - last night I snagged a copy of Done! (on sale in the catalog), created a toodledo account adding Folders with the same name as my RTM "Lists", installed their Firefox plugin - then using the plugin plus copy/paste re-created my RTM account into Toodledo..

After checking it out, I then followed their instructions for adding the Toodledo "gadget" alongside my Google Calendar.

Happy Camper! Will be looking forward to Palm releasing the latest updates in the Catalog - the version downloaded is 0.2.4 <grump>

Unlike most folks, I keep my ToDo list and my Calendar items separate. Always have. For me, calendar items and things I am actually going to accomplish are two different critters. Works for me.