Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Looks like the Facebook App has been updated.. looks pretty sweet, check it out in the Catalog.
    Global Posts
    514 Global Posts
    dang you beat me!
    Quote Originally Posted by dscott23 View Post
    Looks like the Facebook App has been updated.. looks pretty sweet, check it out in the Catalog.
    Yeah...I'm noticing all the zero star reviews. Sounds like a great app.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Umm, yeah, the original app was pretty useless, but it's been updated. Much more functionality now.
    Quote Originally Posted by dscott23 View Post
    Umm, yeah, the original app was pretty useless, but it's been updated. Much more functionality now.
    The poor reviews are dated today - 03/03/10, as well as yesterday.
  6.    #6  
    True enough, but the update was just posted. I would assume the reviews will start to change shortly. You can now see more than just your news feed.
    I love this update! This phone is getting better everyday.
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I would say thus far it seems much more functional. At least to the point it's reasonable finally Haven't dug into the details yet - but I'm sure any issues will be exposed promptly as usual.
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Seems near perfect so far (only played with it for 5 mins) except that it appears to lack the ability to view notifications. Would also love bg notifications (push would be great).

Definitely a huge step in the right direction.
    You cant upload videos shot with your phone for this app.
    Nor does this app display any videos posted on your wall or others wall ????
    Whats up with that??
    big improvement. I just need facebook chat and i'll be content with the offerings. also my news feed hasn't loaded after 5 min, perhaps its because my computer is logged in as well....

update: i'm still disappointed. no notifications, no video support whatsoever, can't delete items in the inbox, can't undo posts. Its better than nothing i suppose...
    I still see the old app
  13.    #13  
    open up the App Catalogue, then go to the shopping bag in the bottom right corner.. Give it a second and it should say updates available
    I also don't see it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    The app came out literally within the past hour, and isn't actually showing up in the recent list yet. (You have to hit the shopping bag icon and install updates). All the reviews from today are about the old version.
    I think it has improved quite a lot. I know it's not perfect yet, but it's a lot more usable than before.
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    I also don't see it...
    I downloaded for the first time from the app catalog, it was the old version. After I synced my account, I opened the app catalog again, clicked on the shopping bag at the bottom right corner and an update for Facebook was listed.

I'm not sure why the new version isn't available in the app catalog yet.

By the way, the search function in the app catalog sucks. I typed in "Facebook" and you would think it would be first in the list, instead it listed a bunch of other apps that had nothing to do with Facebook.
  18.    #18  
    I believe you have to have the old version installed, and then you can update as per my post above.
    I also am seeing the old app infact I never had this installed before so I searched for it and it downloaded the old version but now when I go to the updates it says an update is available however it is still showing me the old version. It did the same thig earlier today for another update then it finally became available also others have posted with the same issue I'm not sure why some can see the new version and others can not I just chaulk it up to another weird issue with 1.4 that I hope works it self out.
    This actually usually happens when app updates come out, it takes a while for them to show up in recent. It's just they're usually not such high-demand updates as these so we don't notice.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast