Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    more likely it's due to everyone trying to download it all at once lol
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    The app came out literally within the past hour, and isn't actually showing up in the recent list yet. (You have to hit the shopping bag icon and install updates). All the reviews from today are about the old version.
    Yes, I realize that now, but when the first few posts of this thread were made, I checked the app catalog and saw the old version. I never had the app installed on my phone so I thought the old version was the one everyone was talking about.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    It wasn't the app catalog for me, but I was able to update through Preware... which took me to the app catalog... where it wasn't available. lol
    Bell Pre since August 27 2009
    HP Touchpad since July 1 2011
    Development/Design contribution to:
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    This actually usually happens when app updates come out, it takes a while for them to show up in recent. It's just they're usually not such high-demand updates as these so we don't notice.
    yea seems I was able to get the new version by installing all updates now I'm going to check it out.
    took a while but it appeared in the updates section of the catalog
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    is anybody else have the issue logging into the facebook app? I enter my email/pass and nothing happens when I click submit. ***????
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dscott23 View Post
    open up the App Catalogue, then go to the shopping bag in the bottom right corner.. Give it a second and it should say updates available
    worked like a charm nice addition
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deltasig View Post
    is anybody else have the issue logging into the facebook app? I enter my email/pass and nothing happens when I click submit. ***????
    Same here...waiting for someone to figure it out or maybe it's just the system that needs to catch up.
    I seem like the only person getting an "! Install Failed" message?

(I once had installed the pre version, but then I deleted it right after installing the last time.)
    I'm both super! ... and a doer!
    Global Posts
    189 Global Posts
    Much better facebook app. WebOS is getting some big things =).
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I'm having the same error as everyone else
    I STILL can't sign in to this app. Seriously, what is the problem with the facebook app? Do I have to authorize something before I can sign in? It has never worked for me. I don't use synergy for my facebook contacts. Is there a connection?
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nferrario View Post
    I STILL can't sign in to this app. Seriously, what is the problem with the facebook app? Do I have to authorize something before I can sign in? It has never worked for me. I don't use synergy for my facebook contacts. Is there a connection?
    I am having the same issue. I have two Pres, one worked, and the other one refused to sign me in. I can't seem to figure this out. Any help?
    Quote Originally Posted by sudoer View Post
    I seem like the only person getting an "! Install Failed" message?

(I once had installed the pre version, but then I deleted it right after installing the last time.)
    i get this message when my pre is nearly at storage capacity. try deleting some files or removing some songs.
    I just want to be able to hide posts/users/apps from the phone, AND have the phone actually honor the hide user setting i've done through the website.
    treo 650 (dad still uses today!) --> treo 700p --> treo 800w --> htc touchPro2 (HATED IT...30 day return) --> pre!
    Mhunterjr, is one of the pres running synergy and one not? Did you try photo sharing with both? I'm curious as to what your results were.
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts
    Is there any way to stop facebook from syncing your facebook contacts, cal, and photos to your phone. This really annoys me and is stopping me from downloading the app. I hate the fact that I have to unsync everything when I log in.
    This is much better than before! I'll still use Friendsbook until I can verify if notifications will work on the updated app
    Quote Originally Posted by bvilly View Post
    Is there any way to stop facebook from syncing your facebook contacts, cal, and photos to your phone. This really annoys me and is stopping me from downloading the app. I hate the fact that I have to unsync everything when I log in.
    Woah! Does it force you to sync your Facebook contacts if you use the Facebook app? I've never installed it before because of the bad reviews, but the latest update convinced me to give it a try.

Unfortunately I'm having the same problem as everyone else, when I enter my email/password it says "signing in" for a split second, then just goes back to the login screen.

But if it's not possible to use the app w/o it automatically syncing all of my Facebook contacts, I don't want to go near it...
    Question (I am one of many with login problems) are we supposed to engage facebook under contacts first before we install the app? Just fishing for a solution.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast