1.    #1  
    Palm Pre Plus, webOS 1.4.

I was trying to download an app yesterday and App catalog has stopped working. "My Apps" shows several downloads in Paused state, one shows the refresh/retry icon... and one shows nothing (no icon, no title - but it is in Paused state). When I click on this one App Cat shows "The action could not be completed. Try again later." All of the others take me to the apps info card, however pressing Download doesn't resume it (it quickly shows "resume" and then "paused"). Pressing the X doesn't cancel these downloads either.

Is there a way to purge these? I believe the one entry is corrupt and is preventing app cat from working (how it got corrupt is a different issue).

Last I can remember: When I tried to download the app I was prompted (something like) "3G is not available right now.. download now or later"... I chose "now" because 1x tends to be good enough. My signal has been jumping around between 3G and 1X a lot since the 1.4 update. The download started, then I saw the 3G icon (I stood closer to the window :-) Anyhow the download has been hung ever since.

Last night I got home and connected to my home Wifi. I then rebooted (restarted) the phone. That didn't fix the issue.

For a long while I think it was trying to download via 3G. While on cell only I noticed that the phone was horribly slow. Launching new apps took a long time, typing was very delayed, browser pages took a long time to render. Besides being slow everything seemed to be working (although my email counter showed an empty white circle.. but closing the email app and launching it again fixed that). I finally closed the App Catalog app and the phone began working otherwise properly.

Browsing, email etc all work fine on 3G/1X. It seems to be just the App Catalog app. I can browse the catalog - it is the download feature that is stuck.

Thanks.
  2.    #2  
    update: I found a menu choice "Delete Paused Downloads" - that removed the pending downloads that showed valid icons.

Clarification: the corrupt entry shows the pause button " || " - it has a blank blue square where the product icon should appear, and no text on the line. Press pause || returns the error I detailed previously.

However for the one entry that is corrupt - it still appears in the download list in pending state.

I am unable to download new Apps.

While the device is in Dev mode (upupdowndown..) I have never installed anything mods on it - so far just a simple "HelloWorld" app. I turned off Dev Mode to see if that made a difference - no deal.
    partial erase fixed this same exact issue for me !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    but it will erase all apps including homebrew apps and patches . If you have any more trouble just ask me by message . Hope this helps!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  5.    #5  
    awesome - I pressed the "Report a Problem" menu choice in App Catalog... typed a long message in, pressed the airplane and was presented with an error: "Your message cannot be submitted at this time, please try later" [Ok]
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for help. I think I'm going to punt. I've decided to turn the phone in because I also have the crazy double-key issssue. I'll let the refurb guys fix it ;-)

How many problems can a guy have in 25 days. Not to worry - I'll get another Pre.
    Hey all,

I just updated my pre to 1.4. Now i am tryin to update a few of my apps. These apps were originally downloaded from the App catalog. Everytime I try to update an app, I get the following msg: "restart required" -system adjustments must be made before installation can continue" blah blah blah. So check this out, i went ahead and shut down, but its still doing the same mess. WTH?! Can anyone hook a sista up with some info that may solve this problem? Givin THANKS ahead of time.

Much appreciated.

read post number 3 please
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Got the same problem. Found it on 4 different forum threads. We need to consolidate this and gather more info to report to Palm. I'm with Shadavis08 - I think this is related to browser history for the app catalog app.